Kildare manager 2016

Started by Donnellys Hollow, September 03, 2013, 10:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Am I right in thinking Kildare only reached 1 Leinster final in the 6 years he was there? To be honest that is not a great record for a big (albeit success starved) football county. Granted they often did relatively well in the qualifiers.

I dunno. The players seem to love him but 6 years is a fair old spell to have in any county. If you haven't made the breakthrough by then is it really going to happen in year 7, 8 or 9? Hard to answer that one.

Syferus

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 04, 2013, 08:07:33 PM
Am I right in thinking Kildare only reached 1 Leinster final in the 6 years he was there? To be honest that is not a great record for a big (albeit success starved) football county. Granted they often did relatively well in the qualifiers.

I dunno. The players seem to love him but 6 years is a fair old spell to have in any county. If you haven't made the breakthrough by then is it really going to happen in year 7, 8 or 9? Hard to answer that one.

Given the youth breaking into the squad and the high esteem he's held in by the players the prudent thing would have been to keep him on for 2014. Kildare have only succeeded in creating a drama now.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 04, 2013, 08:07:33 PM

Yes only 2009 final:Dubs 2-15 Kildare 0-18.

mylestheslasher

Big losers are irish independent. Who will they talk about now if Kildare go backwards. They will have to find a new cause to Hype or Martin Brehony will have to put more mindless lists in the paper.

Main Street

I just listened to a discussion about the 'sacking' on Newstalk. I just couldn't understand the disbelief expressed that this could actually happen. It was akin to discussing the  crucifixion of a deity after a sham trial.

Kildare were not exactly in the dumps before he came, no doubt he put in a lot of work, had some good years where Kildare got close and 'coulda gone all the way', then he's had 2 years where not much has happened. Maybe he had a strong case for staying but it's not such a shock that others don't see that argument.

goal 10

WHERE WILL KILDARE GET THERE WATER NOW ?  :(

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: goal 10 on September 04, 2013, 09:09:18 PM
WHERE WILL KILDARE GET THERE WATER NOW ?  :(

How's the school for the deaf working out?

I'd say he's more worried about will they ever pay him!!!!
#newbridgeornowhere

5 Sams

Best comment I've seen today on the subject is from an unnamed highly respected former Down club chairman.

"Kildare must have run out of cabbages."
The Aristocrat Years

Crete Boom

Quote from: mylestheslasher on September 04, 2013, 08:36:42 PM
Big losers are irish independent. Who will they talk about now if Kildare go backwards. They will have to find a new cause to Hype or Martin Brehony will have to put more mindless lists in the paper.

Plan B will be the Dubs wiping the floor with Mayo in the first 15 mins of the final wining by the record Margins Kerry used to love to put up against Mayo in the middle of the last decade! The Dubs are supreme will give way to the Mayo God help us opinion pieces from McGee and Brehony !! ;)

seafoid

Kildare are shocking, really.

A well regarded fuball county that only won one all Ireland in the last 70 years between minor, club, under 21 and senior
I think that must be the worst record of the counties that take the game seriously. Even Ros won minor and club all Irelands.

There must be desperate county board messing and psychological issues at play going back generations.

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on September 04, 2013, 10:58:03 PM
Kildare are shocking, really.

A well regarded fuball county that only won one all Ireland in the last 70 years between minor, club, under 21 and senior
I think that must be the worst record of the counties that take the game seriously. Even Ros won minor and club all Irelands.

There must be desperate county board messing and psychological issues at play going back generations.

We've also won countless provincial titles and two U21 AIs, you tube  >:(

ck

Lets face it folks. The Kildare county board couldn't sustain the payment of a full time manager anymore. A manager who was costing them a clean feckin fortune

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: ck on September 04, 2013, 11:04:44 PM
Lets face it folks. The Kildare county board couldn't sustain the payment of a full time manager anymore. A manager who was costing them a clean feckin fortune

Why on earth was the chairman of said county board the one pushing for his reappointment then?
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 04, 2013, 11:20:00 PM
Quote from: ck on September 04, 2013, 11:04:44 PM

Why on earth was the chairman of said county board the one pushing for his reappointment then?

DH, why bother?
#newbridgeornowhere