Kildare manager 2016

Started by Donnellys Hollow, September 03, 2013, 10:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Boone

So who is the second-longest manager after Mickey Harte now?

Shamrock Shore

Well that's a right kick in the nads for Geezer!

T Fearon

Mc Geeney should have more ambition than managing mediocrities like Kildare,with whom he was denied an All Ireland Final appearance in 2010 by Pat Mc Eneaney's inability to spot a square ball in semi final.

Itchy

Won nothing, beat no one of note and made a mockery of the gaa and hurling in his county. I'm struggling to see what it is everyone is so thankful about. I wouldn't want him managing my county.

Tony Baloney

"@EmmetBolton: 58 club delegates who have never seen us train went into a room tonight and decided what was best for us. They totally disregarded our 1/2

@EmmetBolton: Opinions over the last couple of weeks. A disgraceful way to treat a man who put so much heart and effort into Kildare football. 2/2"

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Itchy on September 03, 2013, 11:17:01 PM
Won nothing, beat no one of note and made a mockery of the gaa and hurling in his county. I'm struggling to see what it is everyone is so thankful about. I wouldn't want him managing my county.

All those years captaining Armagh and the fecker was from Kildare all along. Might have made the difference in 98 if we'd known.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Quote from: T Fearon on September 03, 2013, 11:15:20 PM
Mc Geeney should have more ambition than managing mediocrities like Kildare,with whom he was denied an All Ireland Final appearance in 2010 by Pat Mc Eneaney's inability to spot a square ball in semi final.

Can't see Mickey Harte stepping down from Tyrone any time soon.
#newbridgeornowhere

trileacman

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 03, 2013, 11:28:46 PM

Who then? Wait on the Kerry gig? Move sideways to Meath?

He wouldn't touch Armagh, he's looking for his next big project.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Dinny Breen

Quote from: trileacman on September 03, 2013, 11:31:25 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 03, 2013, 11:28:46 PM

Who then? Wait on the Kerry gig? Move sideways to Meath?

He wouldn't touch Armagh, he's looking for his next big project.

Cork?
#newbridgeornowhere

BartSimpson

A bluffer! Sad to see him go... Only because thr flowerbag are no treat with him.

gudluck!
guwan the parish

The Boy Wonder

Kieran should follow Micko's example and travel another 30 miles down the road to Portlaoise. We share a dream !

Westside

Why are the Kildare players acting as if he was managing them out of the goodness of his heart? He should be putting in nothing less than a colossal effort given the payment he was rumored to be getting.   

The Boy Wonder

Some would say that he did put in a colossal effort, got 100% buy-in from the players and supporters and maybe Lady Luck just was not on their side. Dunno about the money involved.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: The Boy Wonder on September 04, 2013, 12:06:17 AM
Some would say that he did put in a colossal effort, got 100% buy-in from the players and supporters and maybe Lady Luck just was not on their side. Dunno about the money involved.

The work he put in behind the scenes for fundraising and sponsorship went above and beyond. He was central to securing the Brady's Ham sponsorship deal earlier this year.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

orangeman

What happens if the players decide they want Mc Geeney back and to hell with the club delegates who ddn't consult us and it was only a very slim majority that wanted him out ?

I can see this story running for a while.