Mice help

Started by tyrone girl, December 01, 2011, 09:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone girl

Right no pisstakers as this is doing my head in. I could cry with frustration and exhaustion  >:(

Woke up last wed night to this rustling match in me room, it went on and on so eventually i got up and retreated to the sofa thinking it was a mouse. So went and lay on the sofa and the next day our ones set a trap and got a mouse i think the third day, after me lying on sofa for two nights and having me neck and back broke.

So the mouse was caught on fri so i decided sleep in it friday night and saturday night so all was grand no noises then on sunday night this noise starts again, up to sofa again i went. Same thing on Monday night, no noise tuesday night so was thinking right everythings ok. So into the bed last night and woke to the noise again last nite at 3 am.
My head is about to go. I cant get a decent nights sleep cos even when i ly in the bed im shit scared and cant sleep right. Then the other nites im having broken sleep trying to sleep on sofa and up and down etc. The traps been there since the first one was caught last friday, surely a trap would have caught another one by now.

Has anyone any tips on how to get rid of whatevers there cos i am bloody exhausted and cant stick this another night  :-\ :'(

EC Unique

The only real and lasting answer....

Bingo

It might not have access to the traps ie it could be caught in between the walls, floorings or ceilings - hence on certain nights they are finding their way over to your room. Sounds like they have a way in as well - check the whole outside of the house for loose fittings round doors, pipes, drains etc.

If the traps aren't working - can a cat in for a few days, give them the run of the house and they'll get it/them for sure.

mylestheslasher

They are the little b**tards. Have a problem with them myself getting into the cavity in the wall and travelling all over the house. I suggest you put traps in the attic and anywhere the cavity is broken, for example under sinks where drain pipes go out. Another thing you can do is get some "storm" poison. Grind it up and throw into any areas you can't get a trap. If the little hoors are behind skirting boards you could pull them away from the wall and throw the grains in there. PRevention is better than cure though. Check outside to see how they get in. If your finger fits through a hole in the wall then mousie can too. He can also climb pretty good too so look out for ways he can get in up high. Don't leave your doors open when you are outside getting the shopping or letting out the dog etc. This time of the year they are mad to get in. Good luck.

Edit - Those plug in Sonar things you can get are a waste of money, don't bother with them as they simply don't work.

Ulick

Fcuk the traps put the pellets down everywhere, particularly the attic and behind the kick panel of kitchen units - anywhere you can think off - have a look around to see where they might be in the cavities. Problem will be sorted in a day or two.

Bingo

tyrone girl

Thanks guys. My heads about to go which is made worse by the fact our ones think im imagining things and my dads convinced there is nothing there. But there is without doubt. The noise is clear as day. Surely though if they were in the room they would go for the trap? I was thinking of getting one of them sonic things in argos today they are £30 but if they dont work then i wont bother. What pellets can you get?

I dont know where they could be getting into the house at though, there doesnt seem to be any sign of them in the rest of the house and there are no droppings anywhere on my floor. Theres a tiny hole u know where the radiator pipe thing goes into the ground would that be where they are coming from?

haranguerer

Worst of it is if they are running about in the middle of the night they'll seek warmth too, so will more than likely be in the bed beside you for a while at least  :-\

tyrone girl

They wont be cos im gonna be on the sofa for the considerable future i think. For at least a week anyway while i pray this gets sorted  :-\

Hardy

AQMP

Quote from: Hardy on December 01, 2011, 11:29:58 AM
"Our ones"?

Where I come from that means siblings and/or parents.  Nothing religious or political ;)

HiMucker

Quote from: tyrone girl on December 01, 2011, 11:19:11 AM
They wont be cos im gonna be on the sofa for the considerable future i think. For at least a week anyway while i pray this gets sorted  :-\
Look I know a bit about this, worked in pest control for a few years.  By the sounds of things (not going for the traps etc) your problem is not mice.  It nearly a certainty that this is a case of large spiders that have been breeding in your home for the last year.

Hardy

Thanks. That's a new one to me. "Our fella" is common around Dundalk (and maybe further afield?) and seems to mean specifically the eldest lad in the family.

tyrone girl

Quote from: HiMucker on December 01, 2011, 11:42:26 AM
Quote from: tyrone girl on December 01, 2011, 11:19:11 AM
Look I know a bit about this, worked in pest control for a few years.  By the sounds of things (not going for the traps etc) your problem is not mice.  It nearly a certainty that this is a case of large spiders that have been breeding in your home for the last year.

But surely i would see a spider somewhere if this was the case?