The Sun

Started by ONeill, October 01, 2009, 06:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Does anyone here buy it regularly?

3.1m a day. They must be doing something right. I see they've jumped ship again.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Puckoon

I've never bought a copy. Not that I've anything really against it.

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on October 01, 2009, 06:14:31 PM

3.1m a day. They must be doing something right. I see they've jumped ship again.

How can a newspaper dictate how people vote, have people no brains to call their own these days? It is quite apt that their newly installed editor is their forme r"showbiz" journalist.

"It was the Sun wot won it"
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Cúig huaire

Wouldnt buy it myself, though a mate of mine does and he supports Liverpool.  >:(  My sister in law was on Page 3.  :o
Its a chavtastic paper.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

tyrone86

Quote from: Cúig huaire on October 01, 2009, 06:22:08 PM
Wouldnt buy it myself, though a mate of mine does and he supports Liverpool.  >:(  My sister in law was on Page 3.  :o
Its a chavtastic paper.

Post proof or retract.

fitzroyalty

Would rather shit myself than read the Sun. Just my opinion, but i think you can tell a lot from a person if they read that tripe.

Cúig huaire

Quote from: tyrone86 on October 01, 2009, 06:26:35 PM
Its a chavtastic paper.

Post proof or retract.

Obviously not going to post proof, but she definitely appeared on page 3. It was some shock when we found out. Even bigger shock as it was me who googled her name one night I had nothing better to do and found her all over the web. Silly cow used her real name. Parents were really pleased.  ;D Which is nice.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Cúig huaire on October 01, 2009, 06:31:03 PM
Quote from: tyrone86 on October 01, 2009, 06:26:35 PM
Its a chavtastic paper.

Post proof or retract.

Obviously not going to post proof, but she definitely appeared on page 3. It was some shock when we found out. Even bigger shock as it was me who googled her name one night I had nothing better to do and found her all over the web. Silly cow used her real name. Parents were really pleased.  ;D Which is nice.
What's this doll called?

gerry

Can't say that i bought this rag or i can't see many nationalist from the north buying it a few years ago either.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ONeill

The Sun's Page 3 girl Keeley turns her back on Gordon Brown

Gordon Brown really is in trouble. Not only has the Sun turned against Labour, so has its Page 3 girl, Keeley. "David Cameron is the man," she says. "Looking at his background, he needs to prove he's in touch with hard-working Britons. However, this is his time. Everyone will expect him to make things better. He can't possibly do this instantly as he will inherit huge, long-term, deep-rooted problems. We need to allow him time to implement fresh ideas and policies that will get the country off its knees."

And here's a slideshow of how it has backed the last 8 election winners (or changes its mind at the last minute)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/gallery/2009/sep/30/the-sun-labour-conservatives-front-pages

BennyHarp

They always seem to jump ship to the party who are going to win the election - i think its pretty obvious that Labour are f*cked so The S*n want to be able to claim that it was them that won the election for the Tories!! Its all a loada balls!!
That was never a square ball!!

Maguire01

Quote from: Minder on October 01, 2009, 06:19:52 PM

How can a newspaper dictate how people vote, have people no brains to call their own these days? It is quite apt that their newly installed editor is their forme r"showbiz" journalist.

"It was the Sun wot won it"
The Sun isn't leading, it's following. It knows the mood of the public and is backing the favourite.

haranguerer

the tories would f**k the whiole show up even more

I think theres a chance the sun have overcooked the goose - being so self-congratulatory, and writing off labour, is bound to evoke a bit of a voting backlash in terms of labour supporters coming out in force, and tory voters pehaps ,thinking theres no need to vote

ONeill

ExiledGael