Your 3 Wishes for 2007

Started by Dinny Breen, December 20, 2006, 09:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winghalfun

1) World peace
2) End to poverty
3) Another couple of inches on a certain part of my anotomy would be nice.

Pietas

1) To sleep with Beyonce
2) To win €100 million on the Euromillions
3) Mayo to lift Sam
In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

AZOffaly

1) A Leinster Football title for Offaly
2) A Leinster Hurling Title for Offaly
3) Ferbane to win the County Championship again.

(All GAA wishes, the Non GAA ones would include Munster repeating the HEC success, Ireland to win the World Cup and Liverpool to win the European Cup again)

Gnevin

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 20, 2006, 10:34:41 AM
1) A Leinster Football title for Offaly
2) A Leinster Hurling Title for Offaly
3) Ferbane to win the County Championship again.

(All GAA wishes, the Non GAA ones would include Munster repeating the HEC success, Ireland to win the World Cup and Liverpool to win the European Cup again)

Why would you want Munster to win the HEC?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

brokencrossbar1

Because he is a bandwagoner Gnevin ;D

harps2002champs

1) Armagh Harps to win senior cship
2) Ireland to win world cup
3) joe kernan catches a grip and lets fringe players play for their clubs  :)

mylestheslasher

1- Cavan to win Senior All Ireland
2- Cavan to win U21 All Ireland
3- Cavan to win Minor All Ireland

If you're getting wishes you might as well wish big!! Anyway, If I had four I'd add Cavan to win Liam McCarthy but even the Fairy God Mother couldn't pull that one off.

AZOffaly

Jaysus. Do I have to repeat myself every time I say that? Ok. Once more just for you GNevin.

I never bothered with Rugby until I left Ferbane to come to college in UL.
I started going to club matches in Garryowen and Thomond Park when I was a student.
I went to America for 4 years, and when I came back, I moved back to Limerick.
I go to Munster Celtic League and HEC games frequently, and am a member of the Supporters Club.

All in all, given the fact that I never cared either way beforehand, and have lived all my life in Ireland since I was 18 in the Limerick/Tipperary area, I'd say I am as entitled as anyone to support the local Professional Club.

Don't get Munster and Leinster Rugby mixed up with their GAA equivalents.

youbetterbelieveit

my three wishes

1. For my own club to return to senior hurling in limerick
2. Limerick to win Munster Hurling
3. Me to get a good well paid job

Gnevin

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 20, 2006, 11:28:35 AM

Don't get Munster and Leinster Rugby mixed up with their GAA equivalents.

But your not from Munster , its like your using a Chewbacca defense  on me

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chewbacca_defense%20Chewbacca_defense
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

AZOffaly

What part of professional club did you miss??? It's got nothing to do with where I'm from, other than they are the local Professional club to where I live, and have lived for 15 years, apart from 4 in the States.

What soccer club do you support? Are you from there? I have more of an attachment to Munster Rugby than I do to Leinster Rugby. End of story.

I would have thought all the above were valid reasons to support a club, not a 'chewbacca' argument. You're hilarious really. Billy's Boots has you pegged right ok.

ziggysego

1. Greencastle to win All Ireland
2. Greencastle to get promoted to Division 1b (or whatever it will become in 2008)
3. Tyrone to win the All Ireland

* in that order
Testing Accessibility

Captain Scarlet

the Bridge to win IFC in Kildare
kildare to get to leinster final
railway cup back strong and f**k the Rules Series

leave AZ alone.
i prefer munster coz tehy are country lads and have more in common with me than the likes of drico and d'arcy. you dont see them in lifestyle magazines every week.
if you had the choice you'd be on for a dirty sess with the munster boys. itd be some craic gettin messy in the pub.
with the leinster lads it would be listening to shite from D4ers then off to renards or club 92.
anyway if we could just as easily support leicester coz they have 8 leinster natives.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Gnevin

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 20, 2006, 11:55:52 AM
What part of professional club did you miss??? It's got nothing to do with where I'm from, other than they are the local Professional club to where I live, and have lived for 15 years, apart from 4 in the States.

What soccer club do you support? Are you from there? I have more of an attachment to Munster Rugby than I do to Leinster Rugby. End of story.

I would have thought all the above were valid reasons to support a club, not a 'chewbacca' argument. You're hilarious really. Billy's Boots has you pegged right ok.

I don't support soccer
You're hilarious really thanks i know i am but its good when my adoring public telling me :) 
Cheer up AZ i'm only mess around with you. Support who you like it doesnt bother me

dubnut

Quote from: Pietas on December 20, 2006, 10:33:16 AM
1) To sleep with Beyonce
2) To win €100 million on the Euromillions
3) Mayo to lift Sam

Come on be realistic, the first two maybe, but Mayo to win Sam?  ;)