Kildare V Tyrone QR3 20/07/13

Started by God14, July 15, 2013, 08:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: highorlow on July 17, 2013, 09:13:37 AM
As a neutral, an admirer of both teams and based on present performances this all bodes well for Kildare.

Tyrone are on the way down Kildare have remained static (the Dubs game was a blip as proven by last weeks LF).

Kildare to win and win pulling up.

On the way down ?

On the way down from where ?.

illdecide

Quote from: orangeman on July 17, 2013, 09:19:49 AM
As a neutral, an admirer of both teams and based on present performances this all bodes well for Kildare.

Tyrone are on the way down Kildare have remained static (the Dubs game was a blip as proven by last weeks LF).

On the way down ?

Omagh
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

orangeman

Quote from: illdecide on July 17, 2013, 09:25:21 AM
Quote from: orangeman on July 17, 2013, 09:19:49 AM

On the way down ?

Omagh

The big house ? Is it still open ?

nrico2006

What performances have Kildare came up with that would fill you with confidence?  An easy way to measure how both teams are doing would be to look at the results of the Offaly games, with both Kildare and Tyrone playing them recently.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

squire_in_navy_slacks

This isnt a horse race............................and who have kildare actually beat this year pulling up

highorlow

QuoteThis isnt a horse race............................and who have kildare actually beat this year pulling up

Pulling away at the end? Is that ok for ya / you / yous?

Louth.

......................you also forgot the ' in isn't but remembered the dot....................s, capital K. They won't like that.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

highorlow

QuoteQuote from: highorlow on Today at 09:13:37 AM

How so?

Meath were right in the game until the last 10 minutes and left the game behind them in the 1st half. It proves the point I made before on another thread that Kildare weren't as bad and Dublin weren't as good as people were making out after the Kildare game.

It' wouldn't surprise me to see all 3 teams in a semi final later in the year.

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

nrico2006

Kildare have not beaten a top side in the Championship in god knows how many years.  McGeeney obviously isn't as good a coach as people try to make him out to be.  Tyrone should win this game, although the home advantage etc will make it a tight enough slug fest.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

orangeman

Quote from: highorlow on July 17, 2013, 01:12:59 PM

How so?

Meath were right in the game until the last 10 minutes and left the game behind them in the 1st half. It proves the point I made before on another thread that Kildare weren't as bad and Dublin weren't as good as people were making out after the Kildare game.

You're on the beer so.

loughshore lad

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 17, 2013, 01:19:37 PM
Kildare have not beaten a top side in the Championship in god knows how many years.  McGeeney obviously isn't as good a coach as people try to make him out to be.  Tyrone should win this game, although the home advantage etc will make it a tight enough slug fest.

Big statement there. 

By that definition you could argue that Harte is no longer a good coach either as 2008 is the last time Tyrone beat a so called big team in the championship.

nrico2006

Quote from: loughshore lad on July 17, 2013, 01:42:05 PM

Big statement there. 

By that definition you could argue that Harte is no longer a good coach either as 2008 is the last time Tyrone beat a so called big team in the championship.

But Tyrone have won a few provincial titles since then, but you are right in that Tyrone haven't taken a major scalp since 2008.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: highorlow on July 17, 2013, 01:12:59 PM

How so?

Impossible for all 3 to make it to the semi final stage of this years competition

Captain Obvious

The current Tyrone side are pale shadow of the 2003,05,08 teams. If Kildare win some will still say they haven't beaten a top side in the championship.

Syferus

Always some real manure spread about McGeeney and Kildare. He's easily top five in terms of the best active managers in the country right now.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Syferus on July 17, 2013, 02:46:19 PM
Always some real manure spread about McGeeney and Kildare. He's easily top five in terms of the best active managers in the country right now.

He is not, hes a roy keane type, fabulous footballer but tactically inept and egotistical to the detriment of the Kildare team...............................This Kildare team with its future mix will go places with Glenn Ryan at the helm