2018 O'Byrne Cup

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, November 16, 2017, 01:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

O moore parklife

Lost by 4 or 5 against a serious cohesive drilled  moorefield who have been together all year.. alot of that team named last night was there last roll of the dice for a squad spot before the settling of a starting team begins.  good performance from Robbie piggot and Colm coss. Ross lead from the front. Played into a storm the first half held moorefield to a point or 2 in the second.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

What was the line-up of the team last night??
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

O moore parklife

From what I saw positions not 100%
Keogh

Finn
Begley
Kelly

Piggot
Glynn
David Holland

Lillis
Coss

Luttrell
Paul k
Donoher

Ross
Forbes
Moore

That's the bones of it im sure or there abouts. Shocking weather.

Subs not sure on

town1980

results not reading well at the minute but im sure johns just weeding out his panel,,league isnt too far away though

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Looks fairly strong up the middle, how did Forbes and Moore play up front. Would like to see Forbes kept on the panel, big and strong and a great ball winner but really needs inter county experience and coaching. Moore has lots of talent but may be a bit young still.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

O moore parklife

Tough night for forwards first half no ball with the wind second half lads picking off points from deep robbie piggot with 2 from half back. With the installation of mister cannon as strength and conditioning sean moore needs 2-3 years of heavy work to help him fill out properly. In my opinion Laois should appoint a S and C team with a 5 year plan and keep them in place irrespective of management change. This will insure a plan and progression instead of constant change. The players look really fit rumours of serious running and group gym work must be true. I expect the large panel to be trimmed this week and work to begin settling a team for the league. Get them fit the football will come with jerome stack involved. Fair balls to john sugrue for having the balls to sacrifice a few throw away win results and test players in different roles. Player's looked happy morale looks high.
Roll on limrick

Laoisguy

Quote from: O moore parklife on January 13, 2018, 03:58:03 PM
Tough night for forwards first half no ball with the wind second half lads picking off points from deep robbie piggot with 2 from half back. With the installation of mister cannon as strength and conditioning sean moore needs 2-3 years of heavy work to help him fill out properly. In my opinion Laois should appoint a S and C team with a 5 year plan and keep them in place irrespective of management change. This will insure a plan and progression instead of constant change. The players look really fit rumours of serious running and group gym work must be true. I expect the large panel to be trimmed this week and work to begin settling a team for the league. Get them fit the football will come with jerome stack involved. Fair balls to john sugrue for having the balls to sacrifice a few throw away win results and test players in different roles. Player's looked happy morale looks high.
Roll on limrick

I agree

Sean Moore's confidence has been jolted because of the speed and strength differential
Just needs time unfortunately and a plan to work on

Really like what has been done so far and the vibe is spot on