Author Topic: Tyrone County Football and Hurling  (Read 637215 times)

Ty4Sam

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Reply #4935 on: September 13, 2017, 06:43:44 PM »
Clar for county meeting was emailed out the week previous week, very clearly stating that County Senior management would be up for discussion. As I've said earlier I know of clubs, my own included, who asked committee members how they would like to vote prior to the meeting. If some clubs can do it, there's no reason why they all can't. If a clubs county board delegate didn't go and seek the feelings from the club committee then maybe questions should be asked of the club delegate?

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #4936 on: September 13, 2017, 09:17:27 PM »
Clar for county meeting was emailed out the week previous week, very clearly stating that County Senior management would be up for discussion. As I've said earlier I know of clubs, my own included, who asked committee members how they would like to vote prior to the meeting. If some clubs can do it, there's no reason why they all can't. If a clubs county board delegate didn't go and seek the feelings from the club committee then maybe questions should be asked of the club delegate?
did the email that was sent out to clubs clearly state that there was a proposed 3 year term for harte or that county senior management was up for discussion. i reckon more than a few delegates landed at garvaghey that night and didnt know what they were voting on until they got there.

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #4937 on: September 13, 2017, 09:57:04 PM »
did the email that was sent out to clubs clearly state that there was a proposed 3 year term for harte or that county senior management was up for discussion. i reckon more than a few delegates landed at garvaghey that night and didnt know what they were voting on until they got there.

Do you know this? Or is it just what you reckon?
That was never a square ball!!

SkillfulBill

• View Profile
« Reply #4938 on: September 13, 2017, 10:04:17 PM »

Benny maybe you might enlighten us all exactly what was communicated to the clubs and their delegates in advance of the meeting.

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #4939 on: September 13, 2017, 10:27:23 PM »

Benny maybe you might enlighten us all exactly what was communicated to the clubs and their delegates in advance of the meeting.

I don't know Bill. I'm just trying to reconcile the comments by the likes of yourself and SouthTyrone suggesting there'd be riots on the streets if Mickey got a new term and what actually happened when the clubs voted fairly clearly to keep him in place. All I do I know is that the clubs were informed of the vote in advance and where invited  to discuss it and if I was as angry as you lads always seem to be then I'd make damn sure I had my voice heard at a forum where it would make a difference. All I'm asking is, did any of you lads take the opportunity?

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #4940 on: September 13, 2017, 10:55:54 PM »
well at least i know for next time. il just have to get on my committee and work my way up to county delegate. i hve 3 yrs then i can vote him out to f**k.

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #4941 on: September 13, 2017, 10:59:09 PM »
well at least i know for next time. il just have to get on my committee and work my way up to county delegate. i hve 3 yrs then i can vote him out to f**k.

Good lad. I'm sure your club will appreciate your efforts over the next 3 years.

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #4942 on: September 13, 2017, 11:04:33 PM »
well il have plenty of time to devote to my club cause i sure as hell wont be attending any tyrone games in the next 3 yrs.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 11:13:16 PM by southtyronegael »

SkillfulBill

• View Profile
« Reply #4943 on: September 13, 2017, 11:10:31 PM »

I don't know Bill. I'm just trying to reconcile the comments by the likes of yourself and SouthTyrone suggesting there'd be riots on the streets if Mickey got a new term and what actually happened when the clubs voted fairly clearly to keep him in place. All I do I know is that the clubs were informed of the vote in advance and where invited  to discuss it and if I was as angry as you lads always seem to be then I'd make damn sure I had my voice heard at a forum where it would make a difference. All I'm asking is, did any of you lads take the opportunity?

Benny it is very difficult to have an informed opinion on a proposal if it has not been presented ahead of a vote. You know very well that most clubs where not advised in advance of a 3 year term. As to making my feelings known on it I aint behind the door when it comes to expressing an opinion to club representatives as many appeared to be equally surprised that a 3 year term was agreed without reference to the clubs.

I will say this is that now the decision has been made I hope it works out well and I will be first to put my hand up if I am wrong.

I wont be holding my breath and I think I will stick to watching club football for the forseable.

longballin

• View Profile
« Reply #4944 on: September 13, 2017, 11:23:07 PM »
More excitement in first weekend of the club championship than all of this year's county Ulster championship...

SkillfulBill

• View Profile
« Reply #4945 on: September 13, 2017, 11:29:52 PM »
More excitement in first weekend of the club championship than all of this year's county Ulster championship...

+1

Gaffer

• View Profile
« Reply #4946 on: September 13, 2017, 11:43:53 PM »

Give Gallagher a chance. You Fermanagh  ones are very impatient. 
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Il Bomber Destro

• View Profile
« Reply #4947 on: September 14, 2017, 06:59:46 AM »
well il have plenty of time to devote to my club cause i sure as hell wont be attending any tyrone games in the next 3 yrs.

Good stuff, maybe you can avoid this thread here as well in that time as you'll have no interest in the county team during that time.

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #4948 on: September 14, 2017, 09:51:14 PM »
dont worry bomber il still be here. will be following with extra interest. just wont be forkin out my hard earned to watch it.

Redhand Santa

• View Profile
« Reply #4949 on: September 14, 2017, 11:33:26 PM »
dont worry bomber il still be here. will be following with extra interest. just wont be forkin out my hard earned to watch it.

You leaving the Tyrone supporters club as well? People who support managers as opposed to teams are weird.