Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

50fiftyball

Given Harte's track record of dealing with things and player-manager communication, I'd say it's a case of the fore-mentioned, whereby the current players probably realise if they make any kind of a backlash against his ruling they'll be dropped before they know it without any communication informing them so.

Which should not be the case in any group, players should be able to stand up for what they believe is right, even if that means being axed at the hands of the manager.

redzone

Quote from: Bo Man on March 03, 2015, 09:40:40 PM
if he starts talking to his own players that would be a start. should show some respect for the chairwoman. she's a dam sight better than what went before as we know. he wont say sorry and he wont admit that hes wrong about dragging the players into it. our fella coney would still be about if he talked to him. its all going to end in tears and hes gona drag everyone down with him.

Bo man no surprise you only appears when theres a chance to put the foot into mickey. We all prob want a change but it wont happen to end of the season at least. You couldn't wait to get the dig into Ciaran McLaughlin either. Just because he didn't bow down to ardboe doesn't make him any less of a man. As for coney (who I think as massive potential and will be grt player for tyrone hopefully) he made the desicision himself to go in and get changed and leave early after that game. When a player does that theres only gona be one outcome.

Bo Man

Quote from: redzone on March 04, 2015, 03:42:33 PM
Quote from: Bo Man on March 03, 2015, 09:40:40 PM
if he starts talking to his own players that would be a start. should show some respect for the chairwoman. she's a dam sight better than what went before as we know. he wont say sorry and he wont admit that hes wrong about dragging the players into it. our fella coney would still be about if he talked to him. its all going to end in tears and hes gona drag everyone down with him.

Bo man no surprise you only appears when theres a chance to put the foot into mickey. We all prob want a change but it wont happen to end of the season at least. You couldn't wait to get the dig into Ciaran McLaughlin either. Just because he didn't bow down to ardboe doesn't make him any less of a man. As for coney (who I think as massive potential and will be grt player for tyrone hopefully) he made the desicision himself to go in and get changed and leave early after that game. When a player does that theres only gona be one outcome.

"doesn't make him any less of a man" lmao who's callin his manliness into question? rj is just a better woman for the job.

Fuzzman

It is sad that this is the way Mickey Harte is going to bow out of his managerial career with Tyrone whether at the end of the year or during it.
I have heard many stories about Mickey from when he was a player, to when he was with Glencull to when he was minor and then senior manager
Of course lots of pieces of the stories you have to wonder how true they are but there always seems to be a common thread of Mickey's way or nothing.
I think what RTE did to Mickey about Michaela was very very low and I don't know did they ever issue an apology or not so I was on Mickey's side when he made a stand with them. Especially how people like Brolly, Spillane and others often portray Tyrone over the last 10 years you can see why we would have issues with RTE here and there. The media however has a huge influence over the people's perceptions and for Tyrone squad not allowing to speak out and put their opinions forward with RTE I think is a huge disadvantage
For Mickey to DICTATE this to his players and now to his chairperson I think is a step too far.
It reminds me too much of the Roy Keane style of FEAR management that do what you want lads but remember I am the boss.

Whatever way Mickey leaves this year it will be with a lot of annoyed and disappointed people in his wake.
The lack of respect he has shown to our new chairperson very much goes against the whole image of what lots of people think he is really like.

All this is just my opinion folks and is not a FACT so don't shoot me for having an opinion. I hope Sat night doesn't see fans shouting at Mickey and giving him a hard time if we lose.

Up The Middle

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 04, 2015, 04:50:54 PM
It is sad that this is the way Mickey Harte is going to bow out of his managerial career with Tyrone whether at the end of the year or during it.
I have heard many stories about Mickey from when he was a player, to when he was with Glencull to when he was minor and then senior manager
Of course lots of pieces of the stories you have to wonder how true they are but there always seems to be a common thread of Mickey's way or nothing.
I think what RTE did to Mickey about Michaela was very very low and I don't know did they ever issue an apology or not so I was on Mickey's side when he made a stand with them. Especially how people like Brolly, Spillane and others often portray Tyrone over the last 10 years you can see why we would have issues with RTE here and there. The media however has a huge influence over the people's perceptions and for Tyrone squad not allowing to speak out and put their opinions forward with RTE I think is a huge disadvantage
For Mickey to DICTATE this to his players and now to his chairperson I think is a step too far.
It reminds me too much of the Roy Keane style of FEAR management that do what you want lads but remember I am the boss.

Whatever way Mickey leaves this year it will be with a lot of annoyed and disappointed people in his wake.
The lack of respect he has shown to our new chairperson very much goes against the whole image of what lots of people think he is really like.

All this is just my opinion folks and is not a FACT so don't shoot me for having an opinion. I hope Sat night doesn't see fans shouting at Mickey and giving him a hard time if we lose.

Great post i agree 100%.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Fuzzman

From what I've heard recently as well the respect his old players used to have for him is rapidly falling away
I heard he had a recent run in with a very high profile ex player which again shows Mickey's head is not in a great place.

I suppose he feels backed into a corner and rather than know when is a good time to go he digs in his heels for a fight.

The other side is of course this from 2013 Indo article
Mickey Harte: Football helped me deal with Michaela tragedy
In a revealing interview with Pat Kenny on Newstalk, the All-Ireland winning manager opened up about the murder of his daughter Michaela McAreavey during her honeymoon in Mauritius in January 2011 and how he has coped with the grief since.

Since taking over as Tyrone boss, a number of tragedies have befallen the squad including the death of Paul McGirr following a minor gam, Cormac McAnallen's death from Sudden Adult Death Syndrome(SADS), the death of two siblings of Kevin Hughes in road accidents and the loss of Michaella.

"In times of trouble and times of strife, it (football) is a focus that you need to have outside of what is in front of you at this particular time," Harte said.

"When the tragedy which visited us comes upon you, and I know many people will be able to identify with this, it is such a dark cloud engulfs your life and there seems to be no way out but I think the hope I can give to people is with time the cloud begins to move.

"It may never go away, but it will move to the side. Therefore it doesn't dominate your thinking, it never goes away but you can manage it, you can be in control of when it has some degree of impact on your life. When you decide that life is still about living and you need to go on living, it is important for everyone else to be still there , to live life as best they can."
http://www.independent.ie/sport/mickey-harte-football-helped-me-deal-with-michaela-tragedy-29548229.html

rrhf

Traveller

At the end of the day RTE treated the Harte family disgracefully. It wouldn't have happened to a Dublin or Kerry manager in similar circumstances. Granted he was wrong to insult the Chairperson but why was she in the changing room? I wouldn't be Hartes biggest fan but agree with him on this.

Traveller

She had no business in a changing room, it should have been sorted well in advance of that. Too many agendas in the County on all sides.

longballin

RTE did not do anything regarding Michaela.. they were slagging Mickey for trying to dictate to them which commentator to use ie: Brian Carthy. Was ill thought out at the time and they have apologised but now we are in realms of vindictiveness from Tyrone...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: longballin on March 05, 2015, 10:46:20 AM
RTE did not do anything regarding Michaela.. they were slagging Mickey for trying to dictate to them which commentator to use ie: Brian Carthy. Was ill thought out at the time and they have apologised but now we are in realms of vindictiveness from Tyrone...

What, opening their 'skit' with 'Pretty Little Girl From Omagh' -- under the circumstances prevailing at the time, they could hardly have been more insulting and insensitive!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

WT4E

Mickey is well within his rights not to talk to RTE as it's a very personal thing however not to let anyone else talk is holding Tyrone back and from what I hear could cost them a major sponsorship deal.

Now I know some will say - well he's said that the players are allowed to talk if they wish but apparently they don't want to talk to RTE due to "Loyalty" - kind of reminds me of North Korea - can anyone guess who the Kim Jong il is in this situation????

longballin

Idea of 'loyalty' kind of goes out the window when you consider players retire and then go on RTE.. indicates was pressure to not speak.   

Mikhailov

Quote from: longballin on March 05, 2015, 03:27:02 PM
Idea of 'loyalty' kind of goes out the window when you consider players retire and then go on RTE.. indicates was pressure to not speak.

Have to agree with this - it is not loyalty - it is peer pressure in as if you defy MH your county career will go downhill under his management.

Rumour has it that MH phoned an ex player now analysing on RTE occasionally and asked him to refuse to do it and take the MH stance - he told Harte where to go and how dare he try to tell him what to do. At least that is how the story goes anyway.

WT4E

Never has a post game been so crucial or interesting for a county.

If no one talks after Dublin game is MH position in doubt given that Sponsorship could be withdrawn?