Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 5552445 times)

GaaFanatic123

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #37725 on: May 21, 2018, 09:37:04 AM »
Back to non starred fixtures this wkend again I see!!

Got that message through last night myself. Not exactly sure what the reason is - maybe to buy some time as with the qualifiers now, there'll not be much club football played for a few months (assuming Tyrone go well)

Yeah id say the fact Tyrone have no game now aswel for 3 weeks aswel! Think the fixtures set are the ones that where postponed back on the Friday night in April

outsideoftheboot

• View Profile
« Reply #37726 on: May 21, 2018, 11:14:34 AM »
If tyrone are knocked out first day out in qualifiers or in 1 of their first couple of games it would free up a long summer of club football. Club championship and league would be run off very smoothly.

If this is the case does all the unplayed starred games become non-starred games?

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #37727 on: May 21, 2018, 11:17:56 AM »
If tyrone are knocked out first day out in qualifiers or in 1 of their first couple of games it would free up a long summer of club football. Club championship and league would be run off very smoothly.

If this is the case does all the unplayed starred games become non-starred games?

If Tyrone get knocked out early the reason for starred games becomes irrelevant. So yes, all players would be eligible for all games.

Tyrone Gaa

• View Profile
« Reply #37728 on: May 21, 2018, 11:18:58 AM »

If Tyrone get knocked out then all players are available for the rest of the year yes.  Starred games are normal fixtures and maybe the club championship wouldn't be as condensed.  But id prefer to see Tyrone get a good run.  I don't have a gripe with starred fixture system, Tyrone run that system better than most counties in my opinion. 
Living the dream!!!

Bendyerback

• View Profile
« Reply #37729 on: May 21, 2018, 11:25:45 AM »
Errigal have the biggest pick of any club in Tyrone?

I would say so They take in 2 parish's, my Club Clonoe are in Clonoe Parish with Brockagh,Derrylaughan and Derrytresk!!

Poor Clonoe!!! Many a parish has two or more clubs.

Not as if the Clonoe tentacles arent stuck in every junior club within five miles.

We had one Senior player transferred to us from Derrytesk from 1990 no one from any other Club,so i am unsure what you mean...

Hughes' from Killyman?

Hughes Transferred to Killyman from us and then came back to us....

There was a fianna man that took a wee trip to O'Rahilly park as well.

WT4E

• View Profile
« Reply #37730 on: May 21, 2018, 12:49:01 PM »
I take it the fixture committee will publish a definitive fixture list now that they know for definite the dates Tyrone will play if they keep progressing?

Also if the county board could organise the club championship draw in the near future then Reserve Championship could played off over 4 weeks before the mid july break? which would tie in with alot of qualifier fixtures.