Frankfurt Rhein-Main GAA Club -players sought

Started by RogerMilla, August 04, 2009, 08:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RogerMilla

Apologies if i have posted this in the wrong place .
If anyone is reading this in the Frankfurt/Rhein-Main area and is interested in playing Gaelic Games then please get in touch.
Also if you know someone in Germany who would be interested then please forward this to them.
The area includes Frankfurt, Wiesbaden , Mannheim , Mainz , if there is even anyone in Cologne or heidelburg and stuttgart who would like to play we would be delighted to welcome them.

you can get in touch on frankfurtgaaclub@googlemail.com or PM me here ,
The team competes in the European shield and recently finished runners up in this competition in munich,
we are now looking to kick on and get a good squad of players.

stpauls

Fair play to yous Roger for getting the club going again, and congrats on getting to the final. you's were dead on your feet in that last game and just could not compete with Munich's fitness. i would say you had a fair few Mass that night?  ;D

RogerMilla

Quote from: stpauls on August 04, 2009, 09:01:58 AM
Fair play to yous Roger for getting the club going again, and congrats on getting to the final. you's were dead on your feet in that last game and just could not compete with Munich's fitness. i would say you had a fair few Mass that night?  ;D

Let's just say we didnt have the full compliment on the train heading back  ;D

we were dead out alright sure we never expected to get that far , lost our best player in the semi as well , ligaments , he will be out for a few months.. recruitment drive now for a few fit young fellas to carry us older wiser heads.. although we'll take the old wise heads too!

stpauls

Quote from: RogerMilla on August 04, 2009, 09:09:17 AM
Quote from: stpauls on August 04, 2009, 09:01:58 AM

Let's just say we didnt have the full compliment on the train heading back  ;D

we were dead out alright sure we never expected to get that far , lost our best player in the semi as well , ligaments , he will be out for a few months.. recruitment drive now for a few fit young fellas to carry us older wiser heads.. although we'll take the old wise heads too!

yeah, we lost one of our best players in the first game with ligaments as well, not good!! i would say both will be out for a very long time.
there were plenty of Mass drunk on the saturday night by all teams, myself and the guys i was staying with were the last one out of the brewery.  :D

RogerMilla

stpauls

unfortunately i am no longer living in Munich but i was out for the weekend and brought my boots with me. I was the keeper for Munich in their last 3 games. was part of the original Munich squad back in 2002, when i was out there for my placement year, but have been home about 6 years now.

RogerMilla

Quote from: stpauls on August 04, 2009, 09:38:12 AM
unfortunately i am no longer living in Munich but i was out for the weekend and brought my boots with me. I was the keeper for Munich in their last 3 games. was part of the original Munich squad back in 2002, when i was out there for my placement year, but have been home about 6 years now.

;D ;D

you hadnt much to worry about with us ! at least we got one goal to completely save the blushes , that silver haired fella is some man ,

stpauls

Quote from: RogerMilla on August 04, 2009, 09:50:06 AM

;D ;D

you hadnt much to worry about with us ! at least we got one goal to completely save the blushes , that silver haired fella is some man ,

unfortunately that was the only goal i conceded that day, but it was a good finish. do you know that Phil, the grey haired man, is 44!! some player for that age!!

RogerMilla

Quote from: stpauls on August 04, 2009, 09:59:17 AM

;D ;D

unfortunately that was the only goal i conceded that day, but it was a good finish. do you know that Phil, the grey haired man, is 44!! some player for that age!!

cracking player and an inspiration to us all!

stpauls

Quote from: RogerMilla on August 04, 2009, 10:49:14 AM
Quote from: stpauls on August 04, 2009, 09:59:17 AM

;D ;D

cracking player and an inspiration to us all!

whole heartedly agree with that!!

RogerMilla

just a wee bump here lads, if you have mates in germany please pass them our details , many thanks .

venter

Hi stpauls.

Any chance of a run down of the munich squad? Is Archie still the bainisteoir?

RogerMilla

stpauls

Quote from: venter on August 17, 2009, 04:52:59 PM

Hi stpauls.

Any chance of a run down of the munich squad? Is Archie still the bainisteoir?

sorry mate, don't know how i missed your post. archie is no longer the manager but is still involved with the club. his knee has been giving him gyp so he has not been able to give as much time recently.

Niall McCorley and Eric McEnerney are the managers now, and running a fairly tight ship from what i could see.
There are a few regulars still there, but the team was about 40% students out for the summer.

Were you in Munich at some stage venter?

venter

yeah i was out there from late '04 to early '07. i know maccers and niall mccorley ( a famous kildare minor)i was out for paddys day parade, met a gang of them.. im not sure they had started preseason training at that stage. the students are a great addition to the european football