Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on September 23, 2017, 10:50:17 PM
Really disappointed not to have closed that game out this evening unfortunately our inexperience cost us in the end. 3 points up with two minutes of normal time temaining we really should have been more cynical. I've no doubt had clonoe been in our position they definitely would have closed it out by any means. People may say we've missed the boat but I don't buy that. I think we've now shown that we're a decent side and have every chance the next day out.

Nope, you've missed the boat. Clonoe by 7 next day out

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: SkillfulBill on September 23, 2017, 10:25:04 PM
Five top players from tonight's game that Mickey has decided are not top 15 players in county McClure Burns Both Loughrans and mcnulty discuss.

McClure played in every Championship game this year and started two of the five Championship games, in his first season.

Who would you have Burns in ahead of the team that started against Dublin?

In the middle area of the pitch we are quite well catered, we have loads of players around the same level - you can take out C Cavanagh, M Donnelly, T McCann, Sludden and Harte who are automatic starters and then you have 3/4 places up for grabs between the following - Meyler, McGeary, Burns, R Donnelly, McClure, McNabb, Cassidy, H Loughran, R Brennan, Mulgrew - not an awful lot between any of those players.

Ryan Loughran is a good player but I'm not sure if he's county standard, not yet anyway.

I don't think McNulty is mobile enough for intercounty football, worth a call up certainly but in Club Championship he seems to be stifled quite a lot from play and I don't think he'll be anything better than what's already there. I do think he should have the opportunity though.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Aaron Boone on September 23, 2017, 10:55:45 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on September 23, 2017, 09:59:08 PM
Tuesday night in the AG again - great venue for the East and south of the county. Very handy to get to

Brewster Park best for Dromore/Trillick, Omagh even. It needs to be said Athletic Grounds is far away men.

It's the clonoe pomeroy match in Armagh. It's 25 minutes from clonoe and 35 from pomeroy. Coalisland have further to travel to get to omagh on Monday night.

Gaffer

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 22, 2017, 07:25:10 PM
I have it sussed. Gaffer is actually Gavin Devlin.

At last you ve sussed it.... ;D ;D ;D
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

southtyronegael

Quote from: Gaffer on September 24, 2017, 10:36:39 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on September 22, 2017, 07:25:10 PM
I have it sussed. Gaffer is actually Gavin Devlin.

At last you ve sussed it.... ;D ;D ;D
youll have plenty of time to come on here now gavin as both teams you manage got hammered out of the championship.lol

Bondanglar1

Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 24, 2017, 02:43:06 AM
Really disappointed not to have closed that game out this evening unfortunately our inexperience cost us in the end. 3 points up with two minutes of normal time temaining we really should have been more cynical. I've no doubt had clonoe been in our position they definitely would have closed it out by any means. People may say we've missed the boat but I don't buy that. I think we've now shown that we're a decent side and have every chance the next day out.

Are you sure about that ?

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 24, 2017, 02:43:06 AM

Your entitled to your opinion but you obviously weren't at the game yesterday.

southtyronegael

is the carrickmore/ errigal game at half 5 or 6?

southtyronegael

irish news, teamtalkmag saying 6. tyrone fixtures site saying half 5

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 24, 2017, 03:10:31 PM
irish news, teamtalkmag saying 6. tyrone fixtures site saying half 5

It was changed yesterday evening probably due to the fact it was beginning to get  dark towards the end of the pomeroy game and it started at 5.30.

southtyronegael

thanks for that. good to know. could catch a few people out that change.

Tyrone95

Majorly disappointed with this evenings result, people had us written off but only for the sending off with 10 mins to go for benny Mc laughlin I think we could have gone on to win it...Fair play to errigal tho looked very fit in the latter stages and that proved the difference with vital scores and kept us at arms length with 10 to go.

southtyronegael

big second half from errigal tonight, and boy did they need it. they just had that bit of extra quality. conor gormley still the main man for carrickmore. though horisk had a serious second half in midfield. munroe marked davey harte out of it. peter harte and aiden mc crory poor enough too.

skeog

Difference tonight i thought was the sending off.Martin Sludden had a very good game and is still the best in Tyrone imo.