CORK V KERRY MUNSTER ALL IRELAND SENIOR FINAL

Started by never kickt a ball, August 20, 2007, 02:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many Board Posters were actually at the All Ireland Final?

Yes
34 (40.5%)
No
50 (59.5%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Armagh4SamAgain

Kerry did well but cork were crap. they give a lot of scores away easy and there was no need. i still think that Armagh were unlucky and woud have done a better job aginst Kerry than Cork did
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

clarshack

Quote from: hardstation on September 16, 2007, 05:36:02 PM
Quote from: Balboa on September 16, 2007, 05:31:48 PM
Forgive me for digressing but why is it always the same oul shite at halftime, electro traditional music at hurling final and irish dancers for today.
Do you actually care what the half time entertainment is when you are at the All Ireland final?

had tickets for the this and last years all ireland finals but gave them up cause i saw the writing on the wall. all-ireland finals arent the same any more.

fearglasmor

I was at the real All Ireland Final between Dublin and Kerry,  does that count ?

Woeful contest.  Three in a row anyone ?

clarshack

how many hidings do kerry have to give cork and mayo in croke park?

mayo and cork are pathetic and need a damn hard good look at themselves - i actually had a chuckle earlier in the year when mayo thought they could go to celtic park and beat derry - you need courage for that!

blast05

mayo and cork are pathetic and need a damn hard good look at themselves - i actually had a chuckle earlier in the year when mayo thought they could go to celtic park and beat derry - you need courage for that!

Ah ffs, will you leave us out of it. We got our slagging last September - can you leave us out of it for now.

Quotei still think that Armagh were unlucky and woud have done a better job aginst Kerry than Cork did

FFS, how do you manage to bring Armagh into it. Sure the majority of counties would probably have done better than Cork today.

southdown

I was at the match, here's my assessment:

.  Cork goalkeeper was badly at fault for all three goals, a different keeper could have meant a completely different game.

.  James Masters should never have started.  They even put a forward into the HB line to accomodate him playing.

.  Cork players were not strong enough in possession.  Numerous times when the ball was spilled when tackled.

.  O'Mahoney was great.

.  The Kerry HF were strangely anonymous despite cruising the game.

.  Gooch was pure class.

.  Cork fans should show more support, the place bagan to empty with 20 mins to go.

What disapponted me most was that the whole occasion seemed like a procession with a sense of inevitability overlooming.  Cork never looked like putting up a challenge.  Which leads to my next question:

Q.  Is the gap widening between Kerry and the rest of us?  To me it seems that apart from Kerry, the standard of this years Championship has been a lot poorer than in recent years.  If Cork are the 2nd best team in Ireland then it says a lot about the present standard.  A lot of the Ulster sides went out early which may have had something to do with this, but even Tyrone and Armagh have the looks of teams in decline.

As for the minors, hard luck Derry.  But Galway never stopped.

Did anyone see the clear point scored by the Galway number 5 that was given as a wide?  Shocking.

I enjoyed the eye candy at half time ;D

Farrandeelin

So, at least it's not only Mayo Kerry give hidings to in Croke Park. PS clarshack, I was one of a few Mayo posters that said that Mayo wouldn't beat Derry in Celtic Park.

Anyway, crap game of football today. Kerry are a great team and it's that level of skill, fitness etc. that all the other 31 counties have to live up to if any of the rest of us have a chance of winning against Kerry next Autumn. Well done to Kerry though, they took their chances that were given to them by Cork dithering.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

clarshack

Quote from: southdown on September 16, 2007, 07:59:56 PM

Did anyone see the clear point scored by the Galway number 5 that was given as a wide?  Shocking.

is anyone else fed up with muppet umpires?

cavanmaniac

There was two umpiring snags today in that minor game. From where I was sitting Derry 15 Lee Moore was denied a clear point before half time, he kicked over from the right of the Canal goals, close in at a very tight angle, and the umpire on the far side where the ball dropped and seemed to be clearly inside his post, pointed to the white flag umpire on the other side straight away. White flag guy just waved it wide though and nobody said anything.

The Galway point being waved wide was a farce as well.

GalwayBayBoy

Well one thing we can say with certainty now is that there is no big 3 or big 4 in the country. There is a big 1 and that is Kerry with everyone else trotting behind them in a big bunch. Going for 3 in a row next year now so I wonder will that influence Dara O'Se to stay on for another year?

Also hammerings in All-Ireland finals are becoming fairly common these days it seems. Mainly being administered by Kerry.

2001 - Galway hammer Meath
2004 - Kerry thrash Mayo
2006 - Kerry destroy Mayo
2007 - Kerry trounce Cork

Star Spangler

If it hadn't been for Tyrone in 03 and 05 it might have been five in a row today!

This Kerry side is probably the first "great" side since Kerry of the early 80's.  They're streets ahead of everyone else at the minute.  Everybody else has their work cut out to make any inroads.

J70

Quote from: Naomh Éanna on September 16, 2007, 08:29:29 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 16, 2007, 08:27:40 PM
Well one thing we can say with certainty now is that there is no big 3 or big 4 in the country. There is a big 1 and that is Kerry with everyone else trotting behind them in a big bunch. Going for 3 in a row next year now so I wonder will that influence Dara O'Se to stay on for another year?

Also hammerings in All-Ireland finals are becoming fairly common these days it seems. Mainly being administered by Kerry.

2001 - Galway hammer Meath
2004 - Kerry thrash Mayo
2006 - Kerry destroy Mayo
2007 - Kerry trounce Cork

You left out

2005 - Tyrone stuff Kerry

Kerry being a point behind with less than five minutes left and losing by three in the end is an almighty hammering all right!

ziggysego

They were lucky against Monaghan....... very lucky.
Testing Accessibility

J70

Quote from: ziggysego on September 16, 2007, 08:38:34 PM
They were lucky against Monaghan....... very lucky.

Maybe, maybe not. They took control of the match at midfield in the last ten minutes that day after clawing back a good gap. You make your own luck.

Rossfan

Lucky ??
Getting the last 3 scores ???  
I think you'll find it takes more than luck.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM