CORK V KERRY MUNSTER ALL IRELAND SENIOR FINAL

Started by never kickt a ball, August 20, 2007, 02:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many Board Posters were actually at the All Ireland Final?

Yes
34 (40.5%)
No
50 (59.5%)

Total Members Voted: 84

J70

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 16, 2007, 05:24:13 PM
Oh we'll hear now from various people from various counties that if their mighty team had not been beaten by an average outfit in the earlier rounds of the championship they would have put up a better performance. Yeah right! if you are not good enough to be there, you are not good enough! Well done Kerry, real Hunger and Skill.

Indeed. No one else was good enough to beat Cork. Kerry are far and away the best team in the country.

J70

Quote from: hardstation on September 16, 2007, 05:26:52 PM
Derek Cavanagh didn't lie down like a calf when Dara O Se grabbed him by the throat.

What does that prove? Is everyone grabbed by the throat in the exact same manner?

Balboa

Forgive me for digressing but why is it always the same oul shite at halftime, electro traditional music at hurling final and irish dancers for today.

Balboa

Quote from: hardstation on September 16, 2007, 05:36:02 PM
Quote from: Balboa on September 16, 2007, 05:31:48 PM
Forgive me for digressing but why is it always the same oul shite at halftime, electro traditional music at hurling final and irish dancers for today.
Do you actually care what the half time entertainment is when you are at the All Ireland final?

Well i was at the hurling final and when i saw that shite being wheeled out i went out to get a slush puppie to try and quell a blinding hangover, rock n roll i know.....  ;)

Maguire01

Ah well, at least Monaghan came closest to beating the AI champions in 2007.  ;D

So how does this change the all-stars? Surely Nicholas Murphy isn't in the running any more? Same with James Masters. The Gooch has secured his spot no doubt. Anyone else got any opinions?

J70

Personally, I think Masters is highly overrated. Tommy Freeman deserves one in the full-forwards, as does Gooch..

J70

Quote from: hardstation on September 16, 2007, 05:29:41 PM
::)
It couldn't have been that sore.

I obviously have no idea either way (and neither do you). I do know that getting grabbed by the throat isn't pleasant, especially if you're grabbed around the trachea, and that the intensity of pain from knocks and bruises you get in the course of a game dissipates quickly from the adrenalin.

ExiledGael

Shocking stuff altogether, brutal final yet again. Embarrassing at times
Well there'll be three brothers on the All-Star team anyhow, has that ever happened?? Severely doubt it. Gooch has to get one, maybe alongside Donncha O'Connor and Tommy Freeman though Paddy Bradley and Stephen Bray will be in the mix.
Full-back is well up for debate, McCloy or Fay i'd say.
Hard to know if Cork will get many after that, suppose they'll have to get the mandatory 2/3, still think Murphy will get one alongside O'Se

Rossfan

Quote from: Balboa on September 16, 2007, 05:31:48 PM
.... traditional music at hurling final and irish dancers for today.
One of the aims of the GAA is the promotion of Irish Culture in all its forms.
Traditional Irish music and Irish dancing are 2 forms of Irish indiginous culture.
If you dont like it go follow Soccer or Rugby.
As for the game - what a disaster.. and why the need for the Cork defence to keep giving Kerry gifts.
Hopefully a load of the Kerrys will now retire or lose their appetite and give the rest of us a chance.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Billys Boots

Excellent display by Kerry, and they'd still loads in the tank.  Well done the Kingdom, hard to see anyone to rival them next year either - Sheehan to slot in for Daragh if he decides to retire, though on today's performance he might feel he has another year in him.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

thebandit

Would Sheehan make it in the middls of the field?

Bulwinkle

Poor enough game, but that it not Kerry`s fault.  Three terrible goals for Cork to give away.  ON a plus point it is good to see a match when the fans are disciplined and do not boo the freetakers.

cavanmaniac

So far I'm the only poster to vote who was at the final so here's a few bullet points:

• I am now convinced that both Cork and Mayo's raison d'etre is to get to Croke Park and promptly bend over invitingly and hand a large tub of vaseline to the Kerry players
  • Alot has been made of the footpass going out of gaelic football, on the basis of today's display by Cork I would also like to announce the demise of the handpass. Countless were the occasions they got tied in knots trying to distribute simple A to B to C handpasses, and so obsessed were they with handpassing that late in the game when Kerry's foot was off the pedal they were still handpassing with oceans of room in front of them to run into
  • I only made mental notes but I think I'm correct in saying that the first 1-4 gifted to Kerry upon the resumption of the second half all came as a direct result of errant handpassing or getting nobbled in possession when attempting a handpass
  • Until Kerry relaxed with the job done, Cork never looked like opening them ip for any scores from play whatsoever
  • The first half with something like 17 frees in 13 minutes was - Coldrick's eagerness not withstanding - a fine impression of good old fashioned puke football from these southern sides. Kerry's massed ranks in defence once the lead was built up, and incidents such as Galvin's, T O'Se dragging back a Cork man trying to take a quick free and a few outbreaks of pulling and dragging all looked decidely puk-ish to me. What's the bets that neither Pat Spillane or the adoring media will say nothing about it in the rush to anoint Kerry?  ???
  • Kerry would be every bit as dominant a county in football as Kilkenny are in hurling if only the football championship was even more lop-sided in their favour than the hurling one is in Kilkenny's
  • Worryingly for the rest of the country there looks to be lots left in the Kerry tank but it's easy to look that way against such an appalling team as Cork. Take D O'Se from that team, and he looks like he's slowing up just a tad if you ask me, and pit Kerry against a full strength Tyrone, and we'd know more. Still, that's for another day.
  • For a guy identified as a supposed weak link I think Padraig Reidy can take a bow after his last few games
  • As a neutral you never really enjoy seeing Kerry win yet another All-Ireland because let's face it they've more than enough already but hats off where it's deserved, far and away the best team around this year and very deserving of the Sam

ONeill

Congrats to the best team in the country. Donaghy was the final piece in the jigsaw after 2005. 12-13 players at their peak. Those opening 15 minutes of a second half are Kerry's forte now.

Kerry champions.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

hoopsaaa

Poor final. The best team in the country are champs - no doubt about it.