Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Theres no doubting it was disappointing stuff from the villagers,  I can only hope for an improved performance against a crack Coalisalnd Fianna team this Sunday.  Its going to be tough to raise the bar again after that showing.  we can only hope. 

orangeman

He refereed the final - I said at that time that it was an insensitive appointment but given that it was a reserve championship match, it could have been forgiven but Saturday was a joke given that there were league points at stake and that Aygharan aren't safe and we're suposed to be down to play them since. It wasn't a dirty game and Coalisland will vouch for that.

This referee appratently is in one of the refereeing academies under the tutelage of Mr. Hughes who is preaching the gospel. Obviously is vying for the county final with Stephen Mc Namee - they send them off in threes.

clarshack

Quote from: orangeman on September 17, 2007, 10:08:15 AM

Question : why was a referee from Aygharan sent 60 miles across the county to referee this fixture ? Given the history this year with Aygharan and Ardboe, the incident where Brian Mc Guigan sustained serious injury - why would anybody in their right mind appoint an Aygharan official to referee ANY game involving Ardboe ?.

amazing - you couldnt make this stuff up. whatever happened to common sense?

orangeman

Common sense goes out the window when it comes to making fixtures, changing fixtures, appointing officials etc. -

You'r right - it couldn't be up ! Something needs to be done about it and quickly - and as usual I'm sure there will be nothing done about it - I hope the club put in a complaint but I'm sure it will be a waste of time.

ballygawleyman

orangeman is complaining again. whats new? who was sent off. ardboe are thugs. are there any league games this weekend

Kentucky Blue

Very surprised by the Dromore v Donaghmore result after seeing donaghmore v erigal the previous week. what happened to lead to such a scoreline?
dromore that good or donaghmore that bad? Perhaps a bit of both?   :-\

Orangeman, did you see enough of coalisland to suggest they can go all the way this year in the c'ship?

ballygawleyman

look at todays paper and see none of the donaghmore team started. when i heard the result on saturday i knew straight away donaghmore were resting people or are you all a bit niave. dromore were nearly at full strength. come on cookstown this weekend

orangeman

Ballygawley man - go back to the Hoganstand where you belong please or alternatively stop making broadbrush statements like you just have -  I haven't insulted your clubs so don't you insult my wee club by describing them as thugs - I think if you take look at your own record you might want to reconsider those comments - thank you. In answer to your question, I believe there are league games fixed for Saturday.

Donaghmore fielded a reserve side - I don't think they scored in the first half - Dromore were full out.

Coalisland have a very potent forwardline who if given space and time can really hurt you. So yes, they can go all the way but I'm sure Donaghmore will not give them the space they were afforded on Saturday.

longball

Quote from: orangeman on September 17, 2007, 12:58:39 PM
Ballygawley man - go back to the Hoganstand where you belong please or alternatively stop making broadbrush statements like you just have -  I haven't insulted your clubs so don't you insult my wee club by describing them as thugs - I think if you take look at your own record you might want to reconsider those comments - thank you. In answer to your question, I believe there are league games fixed for Saturday.

Donaghmore fielded a reserve side - I don't think they scored in the first half - Dromore were full out.

Coalisland have a very potent forwardline who if given space and time can really hurt you. So yes, they can go all the way but I'm sure Donaghmore will not give them the space they were afforded on Saturday.

Agreed- hate people coming on this slagging people off, not the place boyo senisble conversations and debates only! 
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Porky

Are some clubs fair game to be slagged off and discredited but others such as Ardboe above criticism?
Ardboe have a very poor disciplinary record this year and need to examine why. 
No point slagging off referees or blaming other clubs for your disciplinary problems.
This board is becoming an Ardboe propaganda outlet. 

oneillcup2007

Sorry O/m for the dealy in getting back to you.  I wasnt at the match as I was in Dublin for the weekend, I honestly didnt hear that any of the sendings off were harsh, however I am assured that it was no bloodbath.  I wouldnt be fooled by that Donaghmore scoreline either as we had men at the match and they learned absolutely nothing.  rrhf - you are some craic.  Lads give the Ardboe club a break.   

loughshore lad

Quote from: Porky on September 17, 2007, 02:23:53 PM
Are some clubs fair game to be slagged off and discredited but others such as Ardboe above criticism?
Ardboe have a very poor disciplinary record this year and need to examine why. 
No point slagging off referees or blaming other clubs for your disciplinary problems.
This board is becoming an Ardboe propaganda outlet. 

I definitely do not think Ardboe are above criticism. The disciplinary record has been abysmal this year and this is something that needs looked at, over the previous couple of seasons they have had quite a good record so they need to identify what has happened this year.
They have been involved in a number of incidents this year, some like the Dromore game for example were blown out of all proportions but there were others where they were every bit as much to blame as their opponents.

orangeman

Where you from Porky ? Planet Love ? Did you have many or any sent off this year out of interest ?

Mickey Hughes said that Stephen Mc Namee should have sent Pascal off last year and that is precisely why Stephen didn't get the county final - he got the final himself - so Stephen took his chance and Mickey's advice and sent off 6 in one match - and guess what ??? He is now favourite to referee the county final - second is Mc Hugh -

oneillcup2007

Is Mc Namee not very matey with some of the Dromore management.  That would rule him out would it not.   

orangeman

Is that so now ? That may or not rule him out - Refereeing appointments are a joke - hardly a surprise. A man is taken from Aygharan to referee our game on Saturday - we're down to play his own club nect in a relagation battle and he sends three off - FFS - Time for change !!!!!!! Enough is enough !