Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Write off Errigal at your peril!  They are always a formidable outfit and will remain one of the favourites for league success.  Coalisland will not be quaking in their boots at that performance but beyond that I personally think its an exciting East Tyrone derby thats in prospect here. Id love to see the game in Omagh again because the atmosphere under floodlights for championship is superb.  I dont think any balance of power has shifted to the East of the county despite the fact that 3 out of the last 4 clubs are from within 8 miles of each other - I had always believed that despite the dominance of the big 2 there were always 1 or 2 clubs in the background who could challenge given a little bit of luck which was never really there before.  To me having seen all four clubs I think its fairly even keel from here on in.  Credit to the Cookstown men for putting pride back into their club, credit to Dromore for sticking at it year after year;  credit to Coalisland for really burstiing onto the scene over the last 2 seasons and credit Donaghmore who have stuck at it with maybe more darker days than good ones over the years despite many false dawns. No disrespect to the fantastic achievements of errigal and Carmen over the years but this is a good thing for Tyrone football.  Neither of them would have been competive in Ulster this year either as they are rebuilding but maybe in a few years time this shorter season will stand to them.  I dont think anyone would begrudge any of the last 4 success, and without getting into th gamesnamnship end of it. After Carmen this year I believed Coalisland Fianna and then Dromore.  Why change now?   ;)     

ziggysego

Good to see you back rrhf. Where do you keep disappearing to?
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

tyrone realist

He was a minor in 98 so you could assume he was born in 1980 longball.

longball

Quote from: Kentucky Blue on September 10, 2007, 01:56:00 PM
Canavan's late miss from a 21 yard free was surprising, had it went over and brought it to a point with a couple of mins to go id say they may have scraped a draw.

Sad that Peter the great blew his last chance for another shot at the much sought after All Ireland Club!
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

tyrone realist

Limited enough programme this weekend with Kilamud.

Saturday 15th September @ 4:00pm (Reserve) & 5:30pm (Senior).

O'Neill's Sportswear Tyrone ACL Division 1A & Reserve
Donaghmore v Dromore
Coalisland v Ardboe

O'Neill's Sportswear Tyrone ACL Division 1B & Reserve
Gortin v Dungannon

O'Neill's Sportswear Tyrone ACL Division 2 & Reserve
Fintona v Brocagh
Drumquin v Eglish

O'Neill's Sportswear Tyrone ACL Division 3 & Reserve
Glenelly v Beragh
Newtownstewart v Brackaville
Castlederg v Clogher
Derrytresk v Drumragh *Senior game only
Rock v Errigal Ciaran III *Senior game only
E R O'Neills v Tattyreagh

longball

tyrone realist where u getting ur info from?? surly it'l be a full round of fixtures this weekend?

ziggysego

Quote from: longball on September 10, 2007, 05:07:44 PM
tyrone realist where u getting ur info from?? surly it'l be a full round of fixtures this weekend?

Not according to tyronegaa.ie
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Can you PM his address, so I can get myself onto his mailing list?

Thanks
Testing Accessibility

longball

Quote from: ziggysego on September 10, 2007, 05:18:57 PM
Can you PM his address, so I can get myself onto his mailing list?

Thanks

Dido.

Think the season has got very stop starty- sorta gonna drag on a bit now! cant see it being finished by Oct 21!

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

EC Unique

I fear we may have seen PTG play his last :( We were graced to have such a player and Errigal and probably football will never see the likes of him again.  :-[ :-\

EC Unique

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: EC Unique on September 10, 2007, 05:27:57 PM
I fear we may have seen PTG play his last :( We were graced to have such a player and Errigal and probably football will never see the likes of him again.  :-[ :-\

Quote from: rrhf on September 10, 2007, 05:33:10 PM
The greatest servant to Tyrone football that we are ever likely to see.  I think he should retire before he suffers a serious injury.  In fairness he broke Donaghmore hearts many more times over the years than we broke his. If he does go now, it would be an honour to have been at his last game.   

Amen.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

clarshack

stewartstown v kildress could easily have been played this saturday.