Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Bensars on September 09, 2007, 09:18:03 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 09, 2007, 06:32:29 PM
No laceer, just back from overseas. Great result for ourselves though.

Thailand good fosb? ;)

That I couldn't possibly know, Bensars :D Ventured much closer to the oul Sod (not the Isle of Man) ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ziggysego

Congratulations to Badoney Ladies on winning the Junior Ladies County Championship yesterday at Kildress. I'm sure the drink was flowing in Mossey's last night! ;)
Testing Accessibility

Redhandfan

Quote from: clarshack on September 09, 2007, 08:14:13 PM
would agree that it was a despicable act from our player but before a moy person coming on here and giving off about a spitting incident they should remember that one of their youth players is up on GBH charge for biting a brocagh player. which is the more hideous? also the moy u-16 manager threatened to 'DO' referee Eugene McConnell in a recent match between moy and stewartstown. then there's last weeks little incident in castlewellan! the moy were no angels today especially the 2 cavanaghs with their constant goading.

Oops, it would appear I have touched a raw nerve with clarshack.  After admitting that the spitting incident was a despicable act from his player, he goes all defensive on me and starts to list some incidents that had got nothing to do with today's match.  Of course, I could fall into the same trap as clarshack and ask why their best player Gareth Devlin is currently suspended until mid-October or go all the way back to their infamous meeting with Ballymacnab in the Ulster Club Championship.....but why bother?  The reason I mentioned the spit on Philip Jordan was to highlight again the unnecessary abuse that is often dished out to Tyrone county players in club games.  Be it Brian McGuigan from Ardboe, Colm McCullagh from Dromore or Philip Jordan from Moy who is on the receiving end, we have to accept that it is a major problem.  A despicable act is a despicable act.  No amount of 'whataboutery' should be used to cover it up.

As for the "2 cavanaghs with their constant goading" remark, that sounds to me like a lame excuse for why these two county players were also subjected to some physical and verbal abuse during today's match.  That said, apart from the opening twenty minutes, the game was played in a fairly good spirit.  clarshack, I don't want to turn this into a slanging match between our two fine clubs, so let me finish by wishing you well for the rest of the season.  I suspect that we will both be meeting again in 2008, only this time in the bloody Intermediate grade!!!

Redhandfan

Quote from: ziggysego on September 09, 2007, 09:08:03 PM
Who won the Senior Ladies County Championship tonight?
Quote from: KIDDO on September 09, 2007, 09:18:21 PM
E-Ciaran 2.11, St Macartans 1.5, with SarahConnolly scoreing 1.9.
Quote from: ziggysego on September 09, 2007, 09:23:59 PM
Good man KIDDO. That Sarah must be some footballer.

I thought St Macartans would have given Errigal a much closer game, although there is no doubt that the Ballygawley girls have been the most consistent team this season and fully deserve their championship success.  I would say Carrickmore are smarting tonight and will be as keen as ever to regain their county title next year. 
Errigal Ciaran, Carrickmore and Dungannon Aodh Ruadh are still the top three teams in the county with hardly a kick of the ball between them. 

Anyone know why Sarah Connolly did not feature for Tyrone ladies in the All-Ireland series this year?  She is a prolific scorer who would have been a major help against Mayo in the semi-final.

orangeman

Looks like funeral for young Patrick will not take place to Tuesday due to PM - it's a long time to Wednesday.

orangeman

Is there any way the Tyrone / Ulster / Ireland posters on this site could connect with the family and send their messages of condolences ??? Just a thought !

oneillcup2007

Orangeman my greatest sympathies to you and Loughshore lad and the rest of Ardboe. 

loughshore lad

For anyone who wants to post a message of condolence with respect to Patrick Devlin they can do so on our club websites guest book acessed via www.ardboegfc.com

EC Unique

My sympathy to all from Ardboe on the tragic death of another young footballer.

Congratulations to Donaghmore on their win on Friday night. They fully deserved it as they were the more hungry team on the night and were better prepared. The 3 defenders that we were missing ultimitly cost us as the 6 defenders we had out could not cope with the speed of Donaghmore's fowards. I wish Donaghmore all the best and would like to see them go on and win the Championship but they will have to improve further if they are to beat Coalisland. We will be back.

snappiered

Would like to start of by offering symapthies to the families of those affected by the recent tragic deaths in our county as well as sympathising with the good people of Drumquin/Dregish and Ardboe. Terrible week. May the two lads Rest In Peace and hopefully there families / team mates / coaches & clubs will get the strength to continue.

On our game yesterday with Edendork it was over by half time. Edork were missing alot of regulars (as were ourselves) but they didnt seem interested and just more or less fuilfilled the fixture. Kildress had a good win yesterday. Just a point seperates us and them with us having to make the trip to play them. Games between us and them are always very close tense affairs between two teams intent on playing football.

ziggysego

Quote from: loughshore lad on September 10, 2007, 11:08:49 AM
For anyone who wants to post a message of condolence with respect to Patrick Devlin they can do so on our club websites guest book acessed via www.ardboegfc.com

I tried to yesterday, but said I had to be a registered member to do so.
Testing Accessibility

topgun

nothing to do with the thread, thought i would take the opportunity to let us no that if anyones interested poker classic (texas) in the Harps club Armagh on friday night, 8 30pm start, £20 in, proceeds in aid of mencap, member of the harps running the New York marathon in november, all support greatly welcomed, see www.justgiving.com/paulhagan if anyone would like to contribute.

Thanks Topgun
a prophet is not recognised by his own

orangeman

Thanks for the messages of sympathy - much appreciated - although we often have differences, we are just one big extended GAA family at the end of the day -  I suppose that's what makes us unique and which makes us such a strong association.

ziggysego

I can assure you orangeman, the whole of Greencastle is in shock. Especially after Patrick Breen. My thoughts and prayers goes out to you all.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Thanks Ziggy - much appreciated. It's very much a case of - there by the grace of God go we !