Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insane Bolt

Quote from: screenexile on December 17, 2018, 03:13:30 PM
Corbyn finally showing some balls for a change . . . the rollercoaster continues!!

Spineless.....he should have called for a motion of no confidence in the government.
A crisis and the shower decide to take two week holiday.

bennydorano

The cult of Corbyn is going to crucify Labour eventually.

While I sincerely doubt he has any Brexit alternative and reckon he's winging it like the rest of them Corbyn playing his cards close to his chest is understandable - the Tories took the best bits of Labour's manifesto and enacted it.

seafoid

Verhofstadt says no deal is not acceptable and that the EU will not cooperate

https://www.teletrader.com/eus-verhofstadt-dismisses-managed-no-deal-brexit/
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

Quote from: bennydorano on December 18, 2018, 01:25:06 PM
The cult of Corbyn is going to crucify Labour eventually.

While I sincerely doubt he has any Brexit alternative and reckon he's winging it like the rest of them Corbyn playing his cards close to his chest is understandable - the Tories took the best bits of Labour's manifesto and enacted it.

Poor Jeremy in a bit of bother for mumbling "stupid woman" about Teasie.

Seems that that's not on, but lying through your teeth in plummy accents is.

RedHand88

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46704522

Interesting that the two biggest winners are French and Dutch shipping companies.

Hereiam

£14m handed out to a shipping company set up 2 years ago to be ready for a no deal brexit. Owner of JCB has a role in said company who is Pro brexit. Big smelly rat is this one

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46714984

Franko

140+ factual, fully-sourced examples of the impact Brexit is already having on the UK. Jobs going, investment drying up, companies moving assets to the EU, or redomiciling. And all happening as Government burns through £billions chasing a no deal Brexit.

https://twitter.com/uk_domain_names/status/1081836120617439233?s=21

And it hasn't happened yet.

screenexile

https://twitter.com/LeaveEUOfficial/status/1082231005396783104

This winds me up to no end I'd have called in if I'd have been listening at the time I feel bad for the unfortunate soul who wasn't sure what he was talking about.

Yes the UK can still accept in whatever goods they want but the EU have a different set of rules for exporting to countries outside of the EU which entail inspections and export certificates per shipment before you even get to the customs issue . . . it is not as simple as these c***ts are making it out to be!!

Hardy

Quote from: screenexile on January 08, 2019, 10:23:59 AM
https://twitter.com/LeaveEUOfficial/status/1082231005396783104

This winds me up to no end I'd have called in if I'd have been listening at the time I feel bad for the unfortunate soul who wasn't sure what he was talking about.

Yes the UK can still accept in whatever goods they want but the EU have a different set of rules for exporting to countries outside of the EU which entail inspections and export certificates per shipment before you even get to the customs issue . . . it is not as simple as these c***ts are making it out to be!!

Correct and these c***ts, as you correctly describe them, either don't know or are lying about the fact that the UK CANNOT accept whatever goods they want on whatever terms they want if they hope to trade under WTO terms.

The WTO has a set of minimum tariffs for all goods that automatically apply to all members who have not agreed individual terms with the WTO for each individual category of goods. Try flouting that and taking in EU goods tariff free on a freelance basis and find out what happens to tariffs on all your exports to all WTO member states.

And the mantra that all will be fine trading on WTO terms fails to take account of the fact that "WTO terms" take years to negotiate for each individual category of goods. This is mainly because these terms have to be unanimously agreed by all WTO member states. And of course most of these states will individually see this as a horse-trading opportunity. In the meantime, the minimum tariffs apply.

It's just another reason why no deal will be a catastrophe.

Rossfan

I believe DUPUDA not happy that there will be curbs on low paid immigrants to the 6 Cos after the Britnats get their Brexit.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

johnnycool

Interesting bit of theatre yesterday with most of the DUP MP's suddenly becoming available to meet Simon Coveney after he'd suggested that they'd refused his offer on Good Morning Ulster. Christopher (I'm younger than I look) Stalford struggled to explain what happened but mumbled something about the Irish Government not following up on it's initial request and then playing the I'm not sure card when pressed further...

On the TV coverage it was interesting that they showed poor Gregory Campbell being made to swap seats with Nige so that Nige could get closer to Coveney for the cameras. Our Nige pulling rank on wee Gregory.

imtommygunn

Gregory Campbell, yes Gregory Campbell, told Coveney to have a bit of humility  ;D

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: johnnycool on January 11, 2019, 11:39:54 AM
Interesting bit of theatre yesterday with most of the DUP MP's suddenly becoming available to meet Simon Coveney after he'd suggested that they'd refused his offer on Good Morning Ulster. Christopher (I'm younger than I look) Stalford struggled to explain what happened but mumbled something about the Irish Government not following up on it's initial request and then playing the I'm not sure card when pressed further...

On the TV coverage it was interesting that they showed poor Gregory Campbell being made to swap seats with Nige so that Nige could get closer to Coveney for the cameras. Our Nige pulling rank on wee Gregory.

Coveney has a degree  in Agriculture and a firm grasp on Economics and Trade Mechanisms. So he's maybe the best Equipped on how to educate those Animals (DUP) on how their reluctance to embrace NI's great opportunity that this current deal is and the only trough they should be drinking from.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Rois

Quote from: johnnycool on January 11, 2019, 11:39:54 AM

I heard that - Stalford said that the Irish government didn't follow up on the invite they issued...well there was obviously no response from the DUP!  Everyone else managed it. 
Always someone else's fault, when even if it was an oversight, it was a DUP oversight!