Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Armaghgael on April 20, 2011, 10:27:18 PM
Torres Granemore were also missing players

Very few clubs in the country are missing as many as us at the minute. In any event, those who were there performed poorly and Granemore were full value for their comfortable victory.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

charlie stubbs

Quote from: crossfire on April 20, 2011, 08:55:04 PM
Granemore beat Cullyhanna by about eleven points

very good side imo outside the "big 3"cross,ogs,dromintee the dark horse the year!st pats without mcccooey and tasker slightly behind.  All the best to every1 in league/cship, but the winners will come from this lot imo!

Onion Bag

Full round up

Wednesday 20th April Simplyfruit.com ACL @ 7.15pm

Division 1
Cullaville 2-09 v Ballymacnab 2-18
Whitecross 0-17 v Clan na Gael 1-07
Dromintee 0-16 v Sarsfields 2-10
Maghery 1-12 v Pearse Og 1-14
Carrickcruppin v Crossmaglen—Off
St.Patricks 0-08 v Granemore 2-15

Division 2
Killeavy 3-14 v Armagh Harps 2-08
Clann Eireann 0-15 v Madden 1-12
Mullabawn 2-12 v Tullysarran 0-11
Shane O'Neills 0-09 v Silverbridge 3-09
Tir na nOg 0-12 v St.Michaels 0-18
Wolfe Tone 0-15 v Keady 0-08

Simplyfruit.com Junior Reserve League @ 7.15pm
Group A
Annaghmore 7-14 v Ballyhegan 3-11
St.Pauls 2-07 v Eire Og 3-15
St.Peters—Bye

Group B
Collegeland 3-07 v Grange 1-07
An Port Mor 5-10 v Derrynoose 2-07
Middletown 2-12 v Phelim Bradys 0-05

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Scarface

Quotevery good side imo outside the "big 3"cross,ogs,dromintee

I dont think Dromintee are in any Big 3 - they were totally hammered by the Ogs the other day...

Scarface

It looks like it could be a long old season for 2 former big guns - Clans and Harps. You can wreck your season early on in the league with 4 or 5 bad results....

winsamsoon

well that could be the case scarface but there is plenty of time to turn it around no one is doomed yet
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

armaghniac

Culloville have done surprisingly well in Div 1 for the last couple of years, they could be in some difficulty this year.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Scarface on April 21, 2011, 10:08:19 AM
Quotevery good side imo outside the "big 3"cross,ogs,dromintee

I dont think Dromintee are in any Big 3 - they were totally hammered by the Ogs the other day...

league and championship totally different, dromintee knocking on the door a number of years to rule them out at this stage is foolish

charlie stubbs

Quote from: winsamsoon on April 21, 2011, 10:22:40 AM
well that could be the case scarface but there is plenty of time to turn it around no one is doomed yet

fancied clans to get 4 points from opening two games.  Alot sterner tests in the league to come, could be a long summer at this rate. 

IVEDECIDED

Chill out folks, the blues will click. New management team with new way of doing things and a whole heap of new young players. All the materials are there - it just takes time for it all to come together nicely.

Id rather start badly and play our way into contention in the summer than be one of those teams who starts like a house on fire and has pettered out by July.

For teams like Blyymacnab and Granemore this will be the challenge they face. A few good early results is quickly undone in this league which for my money is the most competitive its ever been...

Scarface

No one is writing anyone off here lads - keep it real. Clans would have expected something from those 2 'winnable' fixtures. Ballymacnab have got a great start which I feel was essential for them. Tougher times will lie ahead in the league but would 14 - 16 points not be near enough to stay up? They have 4 already. In my experience there were some easier points to pick up at the start of a league season as you could get the jump on a few teams as they may not have been as sharp as your own team. I would have been fairly confident that Granemore would do ok this year - fairly strong team and well organised. Clans and Harps have it all to do....if they want to achieve their 'league ambitions'. Thats my feeling on it anyway :)

crossfire

Is there anywhere i can see the 2011 Armagh championship draws.?

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: crossfire on April 22, 2011, 09:11:03 PM
Is there anywhere i can see the 2011 Armagh championship draws.?

Armagh Football Championships – 2011

Friday 22 July
Junior Championship Preliminary Round
Crossmaglen v Killean (Mullabrack) – (7.30)

Sunday 24 July
Junior Championship Preliminary Round
Forkhill v Mullabrack (Lissummon) – (2.00)
Annaghmore v Clonmore (Athletic Grounds) – (6.00)

Friday 29 July
Junior Championship 1st Round
Eire Og v Tullysaran (Ballyhegan) – (7.30)
Dromintee II v O'Hanlon's (Killeavy) – (7.30)
Belleek v St Patrick's II (Carrickcruppen) – (7.30)

Saturday 30 July
Corrinshego v Phelim Brady's (Dorsey) – (7.30)

Sunday 1 August
Clady v Dorsey Emmett's (Whitecross) – (7.30)

Wednesday 3 August
Lissummon v Forkhill/Mullabrack (Dromintee) – 7.30)
Derrynoose v Annaghmore/Clonmore (Pearse Og Park) – (7.30)
Killeavy II v Crossmaglen II/Killean (Cullyhanna) – (7.30)

Friday 5 August
Intermediate Championship 1st Round
St Peter's v Silverbridge (Athletic Grounds) – (7.30)

Saturday 6 August
Killeavy v Middletown (Athletic Grounds) – (6.00)
Culloville v Grange (Keady) – (6.00)

Sunday 7 August
Keady v Shane O'Neill's (Whitecross) – (2.00)
An Port Mor v Wolfe Tones (Portadown) – (4.00)
Collegeland v Madden (Athletic Grounds) – (6.00)

Monday 8 August
St Paul's v Tir na nÓg (St Peter's Park) – (7.30)

Friday 12 August
Senior Championship 1st Round
Carrickcruppen v Clan na Gael (Athletic Grounds) – (7.30)

Saturday 13 August
Clann Eireann v Crossmaglen (Athletic Grounds) – (6.00)

Sunday 14 August
Armagh Harps v Mullaghbawn (Cullyhanna) – (2.00)
Granemore v St Michael's (Keady) – (4.00)
Dromintee v Pearse Og (Athletic Grounds) – (6.00)

Monday 15 August
Maghery v Sarsfields (Clann Eireann) – (7.00)
St Patrick's v Whitecross (Athletic Grounds) – (8.00)

Friday/Saturday/Sunday 19/20/21 August
Junior Championship 2nd Round

Wednesday/Friday/Saturday/Monday 24/26/27/29 August
Intermediate Championship 2nd Round

Friday/Saturday/Monday 2/3/5 September
Senior Championship 2nd Round

Friday/Saturday/Sunday 9/10/11 September
Junior Championship Semi-finals

Wednesday/Friday 14/16 September
Intermediate Championship Semi-finals

Saturday/Sunday 24/25 September
Senior Championship Semi-finals

Sunday 2 October
Intermediate Championship Final

Sunday 9 October
Junior Championship Final

Sunday 16 October
Senior Football Final

NB - Ballyhegan & Ballymacnab both have Byes in the initial round of the Intermediate & Senior Championships.

TacadoirArdMhacha

ACL Division 1: Granemore 2-15  St Patrick's 0-8

The joy of opening day victory in Culloville proved to be shortlived for a Cullyhanna side which slumped to a heavy defeat in their first home game of the season. Played last Wednesday night in front of a bumper crowd in conditions more accustomed to mid-June than mid-April, St Pat's were hampered from before the throw in with experienced players Shane Lennon and Mal Mackin having been added to our ever-increasing injury list after being up knocks against Culloville. Indeed the depth of our selection difficulties is illustrated by the statistic that only five of those who started the Senior championship replay against Crossmaglen six months ago were on the pitch at throw in on Wednesday.

The match started reasonably well for St Pat's with Liam O'Hare kicking an early point from play before Granemore waltzed through the Cullyhanna defence for an equalising point after 5 minutes. Two minutes later the newly promoted side kicked themselves in the lead with a great point from a narrow angle. That was to be a lead the mid-Armagh men never relinquished as they took a stranglehold on the match, dominating midfield and capitalising on the all too frequent errors in possession from St Pat's players. With 20 minutes gone, the Granemore advantage had been extended to five points before two Eugene Casey pointed frees either side of a Granemore point reduced the deficit somewhat. Another Granemore point followed before the first goal of the match arrived. Unsurprisingly, given the pattern of the match, it was the mid-Armagh men who rattled the net, their pacey corner forward showing the St Pat's defence a clean pair of heels before rifling to the net. The sides next exchanged points with the Cullyhanna score coming from a Shane McKeever free. The game was finished as a contest on 28 minutes when a good Granemore passing movement cut through the Cullyhanna defence at will. As had been their trait throughout the half, the man in possession was well supported and it was the Granemore midfielder who finished to the net to give his side an unassailable lead. To be fair to St Pat's they rallied somewhat in the latter stages of the half with pointed frees from Eugene Casey and Shane McKeever respectively to leave the half-time score Granemore 2-9 St Patrick's 0-6.

With the game effectively over as a contest by half-time, the second half was a somewhat turgid affair. It took twelve minutes for Granemore to increase the lead to double figures before Shane McKeever achieved his hat-trick of pointed frees after a foul on Rory McMahon. In a half characterised by poor passing and basic errors from St Pat's, their game efforts to reduce the deficit reaped few rewards. Indeed it was the away side which finished the stronger reeling off three points in a row between the 23rd and 25th minutes of the half. On 27 minutes St Pat's managed their second point from play of the match when Rory O'Neill collected a Kieran Hoey pass before kicking a lovely score. That was to be a good as it got for Cullyhanna as Granemore finished the match  with two late points and indeed it took a point-blank save from goalkeeper Deaglan McArdle to prevent a third goal from Granemore. Final score:  Granemore 2-15 St Patrick's 0-8.

While the missing players are certainly a factor, they cannot be used an excuse for a performance such as this given that Granemore dominated the match from start to finish against a St Pat's side who struggled to gain primary possession and were almost wholly reliant on freetakers for scores. That said, this result will have hurt the players far more than any supporter and I have no doubt that they will be determined to put in an improved display against Pearse Óg in Armagh on Wednesday night.

Starting XV: D McArdle; P McKeever, S Reel, S O'Neill; B Savage, E McArdle, M Murray; R McMahon, K Hoey; C Nugent, L O'Hare (0-1), A Mackin; R O'Neill (0-1), S McKeever (0-2), E Casey (0-2). Subs Used: N McShane, K O'Neill, P Casey, K McEvoy
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Milltown Row2

Sean tracey's pitch. What is the name of the road its on please?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea