Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

Sometimes i wonder if some of you folks on on the same planet or more to the point what you are reading.

No one said last night was anything to do with misfortune >:( I was making a general point. I will say it again we were totally outclassed in every department. It was a complete footballing lesson. I will also go as far as to say that there are 6 or 7 second division teams that would have put up a better display than the clans. If the game was played tommorrow again the result would be the same. How much clearer can i put this.

Full back you seem to be very found of i'll decide, i wonder the reasons behind this. i am a clans man full back and have been all my life as have my family and always will be. If the clans were in division four and were playing the cross i would give the clans a chance. It is called believing in your team. Yes last week i was saying that the clans would put it up to cross because i genuinely thought they would. It was nothing to do with slabbering or being arrogant. I made the foolish mistake of thinking the cross were on the decline and obviously i thought we were better than we were. But this doesn't mean the lads hadn't got pride in their jersey. I know a lot of them lads very well that played yesterday and believe you me it will hurt them badly as it will hurt many in the club. Yesterday was a major blow for the clans who are struggling on many levels but in terms of finance and other issues. Our football team is all that matters to me so i will always have pride in them. If they were playing cross in the morn i would still give them a slight chance because i am a clans man. If all supporters went to matches thinking their team was always going to get beat what would be the point. Maybe this sums up why no one can beat the cross because a lot of people have lost belief in their own clubs and are focusing on the fear factor that is cross.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

corn02

So is having pride in your club mean slagging other teams because someone from another club believed Cullyhanna were better than Clans?

winsamsoon

You clearly have issues of letting things go corn!!! If you feel cullyhanna are better than clans then fair enough but don't expect me to agree with you (even after yesterday) I was saying that you couldn't judge a team on challenge games, that was the point i was making in response to  back of the net post.

Our Nail Loney

I think the clans are shit and dromintee are class

(my 2000th post!)

back off the net

killeavy will beat the ogs and cross will stuff the harps to leave a killeavy and cross final and i think it could be close with cross winning by a few points.CLANS ARE SHIT lol lol lol.the best footballers come from south armagh and it is hurting all the city folk.we would have no county team with out south armagh

ExiledGael

Interesting analysis.
Also an intreresting take on Alan Partridge's catchphrase. Are you telling the net to back off?

dundrumite

Quote from: AFS on September 15, 2008, 01:52:46 AM
The Cross Clans result is an extremely damaging one for Armagh football. Its not their fault, but this continued dominance by Cross is beginning to have a serious effect on other clubs in the county.

We have clubs like Cullyhanna and Culloville, who are both well fit for the senior championship, playing intermediate football because they want to play in a competition that they've actually got a chance of winning. Their respective performances against Cross in the last few weeks have shown that Dromintee and Clans, two of the top three challengers to Cross in the county over the last decade, are in real decline and show no signs of being able to challenge Cross for the foreseeable future. Only Ogs can stop them now but I'd say everyone, even Ogs themselves would admit that this is unlikely.

Its really disappointing to see Clans with their history reduced to their current state. Considering this history and the club's size Clans should be, as they have done throughout the years, producing 3 or 4 players for the county team and be well fit to give Cross a lash. What affect is that scoreline going to have on younger players about their club? The more pragmatic ones might keep at it, realising that Cross are an exceptional team and that their dominance will end at some point, but its much more likely that a lot of young fellas will look at it, and the disappointment and frustration that it'll have no doubt caused about their club, and think 'why the f**k would I want to be part of that'.

Armagh football desperately needs a serious challenger to break Cross' frustrating and demoralising monopoly. Hopefully it'll emerge in the next 3 or 4 years from a reborn Clans or an Ogs team that pushes onto the next level or even from a club that comes from out of the blue, but I'll not be holding my breath.

As a Down man with no real knowledge of Armagh football, im wondering are Cullyhanna and Culloville division 1 teams? How does the championship grading work in Armagh?

Yes I Would

Cullyhanna Culloville both in division one but can only qualify to senior championship by winning Intermediate championship, which is a very competitive competition with 5 or 6 teams believeing they have a realistic chance of success in any given year.
Taking Cross out of the equation these 5 or 6 teams would be on a par with most clubs in senior championship.

Cross's domination has not and will not deter any club from participating in the senior championship, as history will probably prove them to be the greatest club side ever.

pintsofguinness

Dougal Maguire
QuoteBefore the Blitz started one of the Cullyhanna mentors asked the Bridge U8 Manager if he had any problem with McKeever giving out the medals given the 'history' between Silverbridge and Cullyhanna. The Bridge guy said he had no difficulty with that. He was therefore shocked when McKeever turned his back to talk to some other guy when Silverbridge kids came up for their medals, then turned round again when the Bridge had got theirs to continue to make the presentation to the Culloville kids. This is Under 8's we're talking about here. The man's hatred knows no bounds
Thank you.

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

winsamsoon

Definetly right lads the clans are shite. But they are still the best team in North Armagh and the second best decorated team in the county. Not bad for being shite. It will be a while before any clubs with the exception of the harps because they are closest overtakes them. Every club goes through bad years lads the clans are no different. We will have to deal with this and get on with it. It has happened the clans before and it will happen again.  :o . It will also happen every club in our county and every county across Ireland.

Stevie Nicks

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 15, 2008, 11:02:11 PM
Before the Blitz started one of the Cullyhanna mentors asked the Bridge U8 Manager if he had any problem with McKeever giving out the medals given the 'history' between Silverbridge and Cullyhanna. The Bridge guy said he had no difficulty with that. He was therefore shocked when McKeever turned his back to talk to some other guy when Silverbridge kids came up for their medals, then turned round again when the Bridge had got theirs to continue to make the presentation to the Culloville kids. This is Under 8's we're talking about here. The man's hatred knows no bounds

Did McKeever give medals out to all other clubs except the bridge or was Fr Cullen involved as a previous poster has stated that they were taking turns to give out medals?? If Ciaran gave out all other clubs medals you do have a point however if Fr Cullen was in fact giving out medals give it a rest.

bennydorano

The Intermediate Championship is fierce competitive and if you put every team from the SFC (Bar Cross & Dromintee) into it they would find it very difficult to win it IMO and I would include ourselves, Ogs and Clans in that grouping.

mackers

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 15, 2008, 11:02:11 PM
Before the Blitz started one of the Cullyhanna mentors asked the Bridge U8 Manager if he had any problem with McKeever giving out the medals given the 'history' between Silverbridge and Cullyhanna. The Bridge guy said he had no difficulty with that. He was therefore shocked when McKeever turned his back to talk to some other guy when Silverbridge kids came up for their medals, then turned round again when the Bridge had got theirs to continue to make the presentation to the Culloville kids. This is Under 8's we're talking about here. The man's hatred knows no bounds

Quote from: mackers on September 14, 2008, 07:55:44 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 14, 2008, 05:10:17 PM
Quote from: back off the net on September 14, 2008, 04:52:44 PM
why would yous want ciaran to hand them out when every one from the bridge does not like him.do yous have no county men your selfs lol.....???

Dougal you made a good start there when you said that the Bridge mentors were approached before the blitz to let them know that Ciaran would be handing out some of the medals (something that was necessary seeing there are d1cks like you and pints floating about that would probably have caused a scene) and in fairness to the mentor he said he had no problem.  I am telling you, I was standing no more than three metres from where the medals were being given out and Ciaran and Fr Cullen took turns in giving the medals out to the NINE teams that were present, when it came to the Bridge's turn it was FR Cullen's turn (Fr Cullen gave the Cullyhanna children their medals are you saying that Ciaran refused to give them theirs????). To make it perfectly clear one of them gave out medals to four teams and the other gave out medals to five teams.
Don't fall into pints' problem of believing rumours going round the Bridge that are simply untrue and vicious.
You both are turning a perfectly innocent situation into LIES to suit your own agenda.
You can withdraw your post along with pints ASAP.

Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

illdecide

Right lads i wasn't hiding just was off yesterday so here goes. (f**k where do i start) I'm sure a good lot of you guys were at the match so you don't need me to tell you how crop we were and how good Cross were, we really believed we had a chance against Cross the training 2 weeks prior to the game was something else the lads were flying and the hitting and intensity was first class and when you have that level of training and players like Bumpy and Marsden you have to believe you have a chance.

It all went wrong when the ref threw the ball in...lol you know what i mean, seriously though that was the best I've seen Cross play in 10 years and you could say we were hopeless but thats the way Cross made us. We came out second best all over the field from 1 -15 and can't have any complaints, Cross's performance really impressed me and i didn't think they were still capable of that but f**king God help the rest of us if they play like that every time in the championship. I really believe if we had played our best on sunday we would still have lost by a good few points so thats it.

On another front we (and I'm sure there are quite a few guys here gloating) have had a number of retirements after the game and we just hope that in 2-3 years that some of the younger lads can step up to the plate and deliever where some of the older guys left off (not talking about Sundays game there).[Edited by Mod3]
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch