Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: corn02 on September 11, 2008, 11:29:37 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on September 11, 2008, 11:06:53 AM
Good to see the confidence in the Clans ranks (although that has never been a problem with them anyway :)), and while I would love to see them win on this ocassion I just dont see it happening, although +6 at Evens seems a decent bet.

I'm more concerned that Cullyhanna minors are playing on their field at 12pm before our SFC game at 2pm.  Wellies could be required.

Benny, Cullyhanna have put in some massive work in their club. It is not the pit it used to be and is  a credit to the club. Pitch is still not the best but a massive improvement.

Excellent facilities as we were there last Sunday and it is a credit to them. The pitch is not the best but I've certainly played on a lot worse, last Sunday it was dead on and took a stud nicely. Not to hard and not to soft, just the way you like it (yes I'm still talking about the pitch ;) :D)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: gaapunter on September 11, 2008, 10:39:42 AM
Quote from: Donagh on September 11, 2008, 10:27:51 AM
Looks like I can make this match after all. Is it still fixed for 'cruppen. Time? Latest odds on a Clans win?  :P

Donagh still fixed for cruppen clans are 5/1  to win the match and you can get them + 6 points @ 1/1 - lump on

Where have you got these odds? Could you post up all the amtches and handicaps you know?

Our Nail Loney

from boyles

Crossmaglen Rangers    2/7    
Pearse Ogs    4/1    
Armagh Harps    12/1    
Mullaghbawn    14/1    
Killeavy    16/1    
Clan Na Ngael (Armagh)    20/1    
Granemore    40/1    
Clann Eireann    50/1

cant see match betting though?

Our Nail Loney

forget that, ladbrokes

Armagh Harps 6/4
Draw 15/2
Mullabawn 8/13

Pearse Og 1/6
Draw 10/1
Granemore 9/2

Clann Eireann 11/4
Draw 15/2
Killeavy 1/3

Crossmaglen 1/8
Draw 9/1
Clan na Gael 6/1

winsamsoon

Just straight bets then nail no handicaps???
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Our Nail Loney

Thats all at the minute but I have said to the boss, have had a good lot of wans in tonight already looking handicaps for it so he will prob get some drew up tomorro... Spose you would fancy Clans plus a few points win?

crossfire

Cross will not be taking the Clans challenge lightly.
They have a great championship tradition and we will be giving them full respect.

We will definitely not have David mc Kenna or Brendan mc Keown.
These boys will be a huge loss especially Mc Kenna as we got cleaned at midfield against Dromintee.

back off the net

cross will beat clans handy i went to watch cullyhanna and clans last sunday morning clans put out there c ship team as a warm up game before the cross game.well after 13 min clans were 10 points down cullyhanna run them off the field mal mackin and ciaran mc keever running mid field.this cullyhanna side if they can get out off the intermid c ship no team will want to play them in the first round cause with a full team they are as good as anyone finshed 3rd in DIV 1 and beat the ogs at home when ogs had a full team.so all in all cross for a 8 or 9 point win

winsamsoon

Back of the net, Cullyhanna will never win anything so you are only kidding yourself if you think a warm up game a week before a championship game is the be all and end all. If the clans or any other first division team dew Cullyhanna they would be happy enough with the draw. YOu say the clans put out their championship team last week. No one puts out a championship team until the day of the championship. Are you seriously trying to say that out of all the teams to play friendlies the closest to cross was cullyhanna??? and that the clans thought cullyhanna would play the same football as the cross??. Catch a grip and come into reality. The clans will take cross as a completly different animal. They will see them as a team dificult to play against more so than anything else. I have been in a few dressing rooms when we played St Pat's and we never mentioned about St Pat's being hard to play against or their type of play. To beat the cross the clans will have to exploit their weaknesses. Believe it or not they have got them. If the clans can penetrate the cross and keep their forward line relatively quite then they are in with a shout. I can tell you they won't be beaten by no 8 points. There is too much pride in that jersey to be beaten by 8 or 9 points for the second time in 3 years. The clans are badly hurting from the 2006 championship final. A lot of guys have points to prove, because on that day there were a few that let the club down badly and i know first hand they will be out on sunday to give ll they have.

I wouldn't bet on the match myself nail it would be a big conflict of interest ;)

bennydorano

Harps at 6/4 is a great price, I thought it would have been an Even money match.  We beat Mullaghbawn in Abbey (despite the cheating umpires & Ollie Hearty) and got caught by a last minute goal up there after playing a lot of the game with 14 men, so the price is generous IMO.

full back

Quote from: winsamsoon on September 12, 2008, 02:01:19 AM
Back of the net, Cullyhanna will never win anything so you are only kidding yourself if you think a warm up game a week before a championship game is the be all and end all. If the clans or any other first division team dew Cullyhanna they would be happy enough with the draw. YOu say the clans put out their championship team last week. No one puts out a championship team until the day of the championship. Are you seriously trying to say that out of all the teams to play friendlies the closest to cross was cullyhanna??? and that the clans thought cullyhanna would play the same football as the cross??. Catch a grip and come into reality. The clans will take cross as a completly different animal. They will see them as a team dificult to play against more so than anything else. I have been in a few dressing rooms when we played St Pat's and we never mentioned about St Pat's being hard to play against or their type of play. To beat the cross the clans will have to exploit their weaknesses. Believe it or not they have got them. If the clans can penetrate the cross and keep their forward line relatively quite then they are in with a shout. I can tell you they won't be beaten by no 8 points. There is too much pride in that jersey to be beaten by 8 or 9 points for the second time in 3 years. The clans are badly hurting from the 2006 championship final. A lot of guys have points to prove, because on that day there were a few that let the club down badly and i know first hand they will be out on sunday to give ll they have.

Lets be honest winsam, if Cullyhanna wont win anything Clans have no chance.
With an attitude like yours it is easy to see why Clans arent liked by many neutrals
Although no teams needs motivated for c'ship football, if Cross ever needed motivated they would just stick up a few of your posts regarding Clans pride etc etc :D

corn02

Quote from: bennydorano on September 12, 2008, 09:15:23 AM
Harps at 6/4 is a great price, I thought it would have been an Even money match.  We beat Mullaghbawn in Abbey (despite the cheating umpires & Ollie Hearty) and got caught by a last minute goal up there after playing a lot of the game with 14 men, so the price is generous IMO.

Caught my eye to Benny. Before they came up I would of have Harps very slight favourites.

Our Nail Loney

Fancy Harps, Killeavey, Cross and Ogs myself...

6-4, 1-8, 1-6 and 1-3 pays just under 7-2, 4.38 for a pound...

Keep the harps thing quiet, we don't want the wans at laddies changing the price now do we!

winsamsoon

So it is wrong now to have pride in your team full back  ??? :-\ Oh and when i say that Cullyhanna won't win anything that doesn't mean the clans will. You have once again just taken that out of what i have posted.
The difference is that i don't hide from the facts. Certain other individuals don't really speak their own minds and say what they really want to say for fear of offending. Do you think Cullyhanna will ever win anything in the near future at senior level??? I personally think them finishing 3rd in the league doesn't really mean that much but you seem to think it puts them on a level with other proven teams over the years. I think this is off the mark and this is nothing to do with arrogance it is an observation.

Oh and i doubt also that Cross would take their motivation from an internet site. Yes i can see them the sat night before a game saying look at what winsamsoon wrote on the Gaaboard  ;D ;D :D.

Benny i think your are right lad i think the harps are worth a slight wager at 6/4 . I would have had that match on the toss of a coin so i would have had maybe harps slight fav's at 10/11 and The bawn 11/10.

Umgolaar you settle yourself  ;)