Started by StGallsGAA, March 01, 2012, 11:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Ambrose on November 14, 2018, 10:06:44 PM
Quote from: giveherlong on November 14, 2018, 09:43:40 PM
What about the M50 toll?
Got a letter from back in August when it wasn't paid
Northern reg car and address

If it's your first time they'll let you off if you call them up and offer to pay the toll. If you make a habit of it they can seize your car in extreme cases. I'd pay up, its only 3 euro.

Not after this in time I'd say it's around €50/60 if it's from back in August!

podge

Quote from: screenexile on November 14, 2018, 10:08:51 PM
What about the M50 toll?

If it's your first time they'll let you off if you call them up and offer to pay the toll. If you make a habit of it they can seize your car in extreme cases. I'd pay up, its only 3 euro.

I had one which built up to close to 100. I had genuinely just moved house and several penalties landed at my new address at once, some of them months old. I called them with my sob story and they reduced it something like 7 Euro provided I paid immediately

giveherlong

Quote from: screenexile on November 14, 2018, 10:08:51 PM
What about the M50 toll?

It's €11 at the minute
Letter landed the day

Applesisapples

Get an account and pay the 11 quid.

RedHand88

Is it still the case where these PCN letters aren't worth the paper they're printed on? Got one in March for Starplan carpark Boucher road belfast. It's a free carpark, but is "customer parking only"

Onto my 3rd letter now. They want £170(!) or it'll go to "QDR Solicitors Ltd".

Just want to be sure ignoring them is the way to deal with them. To hell with paying that sort of money for 30minutes parking. Of course I wasn't the driver at the time and refuse to divulge who was  8)

delgany

Armamike

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 04, 2019, 08:34:05 PM
Is it still the case where these PCN letters aren't worth the paper they're printed on? Got one in March for Starplan carpark Boucher road belfast. It's a free carpark, but is "customer parking only"

Just want to be sure ignoring them is the way to deal with them. To hell with paying that sort of money for 30minutes parking. Of course I wasn't the driver at the time and refuse to divulge who was  8)

The letters will keep landing for around a year or so.  They'll eventually offer a reduced fee and if you ignore this they'll hike it up again. They'll threaten court action.  Few people pay.  Ignore and they'll stop eventually.
That's just, like your opinion man.

RedHand88

RedHand88

Got a parking ticket today. Basically the permit adhesive didn't stick to the window because of the heat. It's fallen to the floor and I had a lovely yellow notice in my car when I got back.

I still have the permit of course which I paid for. Is it worth appealing? Anyone done this before?

Gold

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 08, 2020, 10:38:11 PM
Got a parking ticket today. Basically the permit adhesive didn't stick to the window because of the heat. It's fallen to the floor and I had a lovely yellow notice in my car when I got back.

I still have the permit of course which I paid for. Is it worth appealing? Anyone done this before?

Yes. Send the permit and your appeal will be successful
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

grounded

Quote from: Armamike on July 04, 2019, 11:02:28 PM

The letters will keep landing for around a year or so.  They'll eventually offer a reduced fee and if you ignore this they'll hike it up again. They'll threaten court action.  Few people pay.  Ignore and they'll stop eventually.

Weirdly received a letter from a debt recovery company today(actually they had sent it to my old address). 
             This was for a parking charge notice from 2016. I think at that time in 2016 they had sent me a number of letters which i ignored. Various threats of increasing charge, then decreasing it if i paid, then passing it on to their legal department who tried the same approach. Went for about 12 or 13 letters.
     This one is from a diiferent company but i expect it is the same lot.
       Anybody else received these?

RedHand88

No, I got maybe 3 or 4 letters in 2019, they stopped and I haven't heard anything since. Was told by people here and by my own research that they aren't worth the paper they are printed on.

giveherlong

Quote from: grounded on March 06, 2021, 03:31:08 PM

Weirdly received a letter from a debt recovery company today(actually they had sent it to my old address). 
             This was for a parking charge notice from 2016. I think at that time in 2016 they had sent me a number of letters which i ignored. Various threats of increasing charge, then decreasing it if i paid, then passing it on to their legal department who tried the same approach. Went for about 12 or 13 letters.

Got one as well in last few days
Was for parking at a retail park a few years ago
Hadn't heard from them in ages
Unfortunately can't check the details as it came in handy earlier to light the fire 😬

Baile Brigín 2

Ring them, say the debt is not valid and this will be your only correspondence on the matter. Debt collectors are not to be ignored

general

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on March 08, 2021, 11:09:00 AM

Ring them, say the debt is not valid and this will be your only correspondence on the matter. Debt collectors are not to be ignored

Ringing them and discussing such matter is taking ownership of the debt however - do not ring