Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LCohen

Quote from: haranguerer on August 03, 2019, 04:19:34 PM
Cop yourself on ''SF's diva requirements'
The idea is ludicrous on many levels. But as I said, good to see you all have now moved past the abstentionist issue

Explain why it wouldn't work if each participant played their role?

trailer

The SF people behind the scenes who are getting the money from Westminster would never authorise such a move.

haranguerer

Quote from: LCohen on August 03, 2019, 07:27:12 PM
Cop yourself on ‘’SF’s diva requirements’
The idea is ludicrous on many levels. But as I said, good to see you all have now moved past the abstentionist issue

Explain why it wouldn’t work if each participant played their role?

Quote from: LCohen on August 03, 2019, 07:27:12 PM
Cop yourself on ‘’SF’s diva requirements’

Explain why it wouldn’t work if each participant played their role?

It’s very vague as to what actual difference the SF seats would make. There is a majority in the house of commons as it is who oppose no deal don’t forget. In trying to establish that, he outlines a series of very specific events, each of which is as unlikely as the next - for eg over the fact that key to his ‘plan’ there is Jeremy Corbyn stepping aside. Why on earth would that happen?

He is also being much too blasé about the seats being won. It’s a massive risk, you could easily end up strengthening the NI brexiteers hand. The election would come down to unionism v nationalism except potentially with significant numbers of disaffected SF voters. Adding up all the anti brexit numbers to support your assertion that there would be a clear majority is stupid.

It also tramps all over those who voted Sinn Fein and don’t want their MP to stand down for some talking head no matter how cunning the scheme. All well and good to pontificate about the greater good etc, but that was their vote, not yours, and has the right to be respected as much as yours. It’s extremely dubious to be using it in a manner that was never contemplated.

So in summary, massive risk which even if worked, has a minuscule chance of having any tangible effect.

bennydorano

Thought O'Toole's article was a nonsense & oblivious to reality tbh.

seafoid

If the UK leaves and does a deal
with the US there will have to be a border to protect food standards .
Brexit will destroy farming in NI

Loads of farmers vote SF

https://www.ft.com/content/327a9c4a-9799-11e9-9573-ee5cbb98ed36)
ft.com/content/327a9c...

« Though he had 90,000 chickens, Weaver could afford only one part-time employee. The company that he dealt with, Pilgrim's Pride, bought the chickens from him at an average rate of 21 cents each.  « 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

tyrone08

Quote from: seafoid on August 04, 2019, 05:21:59 PM
If the UK leaves and does a deal
with the US there will have to be a border to protect food standards .
Brexit will destroy farming in NI

Loads of farmers vote SF

https://www.ft.com/content/327a9c4a-9799-11e9-9573-ee5cbb98ed36)
ft.com/content/327a9c...

« Though he had 90,000 chickens, Weaver could afford only one part-time employee. The company that he dealt with, Pilgrim's Pride, bought the chickens from him at an average rate of 21 cents each.  «

Loads of farms vote sf??? Would say that majority of farmers in ni vote dup

imtommygunn

A large base of dup vote would be farmers... hence rhi to keep them sweet!

trailer

I'd estimate 90% of all Dairy farmers voted to leave the EU. NI exports over 80% of all the milk it produces. Many of them would have a poultry interest as well.

haranguerer

Would you now?

Would be very interested to hear the basis you have estimated that on.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

omaghjoe

Quote from: trailer on August 05, 2019, 08:27:47 AM
I'd estimate 90% of all Dairy farmers voted to leave the EU. NI exports over 80% of all the milk it produces. Many of them would have a poultry interest as well.

No doubt based on the assumption that all dairy farmers are DUP supporting Free-Ps  ::)

Total BS statement

trailer

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 08, 2019, 12:31:49 AM

No doubt based on the assumption that all dairy farmers are DUP supporting Free-Ps  ::)

Total BS statement

I work in the industry and would know what I am talking about. I'd speak to over 30 dairy farmers everyday - right across Northern Ireland. But hey whatever you think yourself.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: trailer on August 08, 2019, 09:35:26 AM

Total BS statement

I work in the industry and would know what I am talking about. I'd speak to over 30 dairy farmers everyday - right across Northern Ireland. But hey whatever you think yourself.

Next time ask why.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

omaghjoe

Quote from: trailer on August 08, 2019, 09:35:26 AM

Total BS statement

Oh right so you work in the department taking calls from farmers to fulfil their redtape requirements.... which ALL farmers loathe and farmers are well known for holding their tounge when it comes to complaining..... But you've been conducting a political survey at your government job tuttut? Dont be afraid to publish the results then ::)

Look I know a fair few dairy farmers myself and they do nothing but bitch about EU regulations. But the ones I know best when it came to the referendum it was a no brainer Remain.

Not saying that a healthy majority probably voted to Leave...... but 90% is LaLa Land stuff