Sending Golf Clubs

Started by lfdown2, February 28, 2011, 09:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lfdown2

Folks, looking into having a set of golf clubs sent out from home to australia, have any of you done something similar. Trying to figure out if it would be better to have them sent out or buy a set here (neither being expensive)

stephenite

Didn't bother looking into it because I just figured the weight of the yokes would make it too expensive. At the time I was just looking to get back into the game, so I went to Drummond Golf and bought a brand new set of clubs for $310 dollars including a putter and the bag. Now, they weren't Callaways by any stretch but served me brilliantly until the car got broken into.

When replacing I found there were some great second hand options on ebay or Gumtree, I ended up shopping around but went back to the same place for the new set.

Let me know how much it costs to send them out if you decide to get them sent out

Puckoon

I kinda feel (although Ive no knowledge about it) that unless they are custom fit, or you're playing a lot at a solid level and are the most supersitious of sports people - that it's hardly worth it. I bought new ones myself.

lfdown2

Aye, was thinking the same myself, I would be none of the above Puck and it was for that reason that I wasn't sure if I could justify til herself owning 2 sets of golf clubs.

Cheers Stephenite, anyone I have asked recommended Drummond as well so I would say that is the way forward....

Cheers lads

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Puckoon

lfdown2

Quote from: Orior on March 01, 2011, 12:18:05 AM
What's your handicap?

Being sh1te!

Dont even know how to work it out, a good round would include half a dozen par or better, with the rest under triple bogeys!!  :)

Puckoon

Quote from: lfdown2 on March 01, 2011, 12:34:27 AM

Dont even know how to work it out, a good round would include half a dozen par or better, with the rest under triple bogeys!!  :)

You just calculate your gross score. What you shot on any given round. Total strokes.

lfdown2

Thanks again Puck.

As I said it was a justification exercise, ie can I really be the owner of 2 sets of golf clubs and be this bad, but it seems it going to be cheaper.

Have just started getting out weekly since the new year and can be expensive hiring clubs every week.

stephenite

Where have you been playing?

lfdown2

Brisbane, couple of public courses, Jindalee/Vic Park/Nudgee