Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Quote from: longballin on June 26, 2018, 09:16:23 AM
Quote from: Itchy on June 26, 2018, 08:18:21 AM
Quote from: In hiding on June 26, 2018, 02:07:42 AM
Quote from: Itchy on June 25, 2018, 10:36:38 PM
Quote from: In hiding on June 25, 2018, 10:34:45 PM
Quote from: sam03/05 on June 25, 2018, 08:29:37 PM
Surely a game st Croker is what players want?
I'd say Tyone & Cavan both happy enough

Dublin is as easy got in and out of as Enniskillen or Clones.
It stinks, Tyrone and Cavan should back Kildare.

Now why would Tyrone or Cavan give a shite about Kildare.

Seriously ?
Croke Park allowed to ride roughshod over Kildare today,
Maybe your turn tomorrow.
Gotta love goodwill among gaels

There wasnt much love for Cavan (or the GAA in general) from Kildare when they were coaxing a player from other counties to play for them, falsifying addresses and then making a mockery of the hurling championship in their own county. Not to mention a total disregard of the ethos of the GAA. So while I think Kildare are correct on this issue you will need to excuse me that I dont think our county should be standing in solitary with them in some big protest. Maybe Karma is a bitch?

True but this is a bigger issue of how the GAA try to ride roughshod over counties and the influence of SKY TV ££££

Why blame Sky? This is the GAAs fault.

trailer

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 26, 2018, 09:31:03 AM
Quote from: longballin on June 26, 2018, 09:16:23 AM
Quote from: Itchy on June 26, 2018, 08:18:21 AM
Quote from: In hiding on June 26, 2018, 02:07:42 AM
Quote from: Itchy on June 25, 2018, 10:36:38 PM
Quote from: In hiding on June 25, 2018, 10:34:45 PM
Quote from: sam03/05 on June 25, 2018, 08:29:37 PM
Surely a game st Croker is what players want?
I'd say Tyone & Cavan both happy enough

Dublin is as easy got in and out of as Enniskillen or Clones.
It stinks, Tyrone and Cavan should back Kildare.

Now why would Tyrone or Cavan give a shite about Kildare.

Seriously ?
Croke Park allowed to ride roughshod over Kildare today,
Maybe your turn tomorrow.
Gotta love goodwill among gaels

There wasnt much love for Cavan (or the GAA in general) from Kildare when they were coaxing a player from other counties to play for them, falsifying addresses and then making a mockery of the hurling championship in their own county. Not to mention a total disregard of the ethos of the GAA. So while I think Kildare are correct on this issue you will need to excuse me that I dont think our county should be standing in solitary with them in some big protest. Maybe Karma is a bitch?

True but this is a bigger issue of how the GAA try to ride roughshod over counties and the influence of SKY TV ££££

Why blame Sky? This is the GAAs fault.

For God sake we need a bogeyman. Are you going to be that person? No? Well, then it has to be Sky TV, the big corporate monstrous organisation that it is.

Jinxy

Quote from: cavanmaniac on June 26, 2018, 06:38:50 AM
The jaded, low-hanging fruit gags in the thread about Cavan people and money etc. might well be more entertaining than the football in this one.

They're just cheap insults, if you ask me.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Itchy

Be Jaysus Tyrone now 1/5

Mattie will have to bend reality to get us over the line.

Jayop

Quote from: Itchy on June 26, 2018, 05:06:03 PM
Be Jaysus Tyrone now 1/5

Mattie will have to bend reality to get us over the line.

I think the 2 red cards will have maybe changed that from 1/2 to 1/5.

Puckoon

Is this game potentially going to move venues depending on what happens with Kildare? Or will it go ahead at CP regardless?

mrdeeds

Quote from: Puckoon on June 26, 2018, 07:39:18 PM
Is this game potentially going to move venues depending on what happens with Kildare? Or will it go ahead at CP regardless?

Word is Croker no matter what.

Duckquay

I've read somewhere that they are saying croker regardless but that won't ever happen if it's a stand alone fixture. There was 3k at the Cavan down game, Cavan would bring an absolute max of 5k to dublin

Westside

Quote from: Duckquay on June 26, 2018, 09:55:44 PM
I've read somewhere that they are saying croker regardless but that won't ever happen if it's a stand alone fixture. There was 3k at the Cavan down game, Cavan would bring an absolute max of 5k to dublin

If we were going well and this was a double header I'd say we could bring upwards of 10. As it is, we're at the lowest point in the last 5 years or so in many supporters' view, everyone expects a hammering. I know a good few reasonably committed supporters who aren't travelling. I'd be surprised if more than 2k from Cavan go to Dublin on Saturday.

Jayop

I was 100% going when the tie was announced and was having to reschedule other plans for it, then all the crap with the other game came up and I don't know if I will now. I'm not paying for a double header to only watch one match either out of pure principle.

I wish te feck the GAA would just back down, let Kildare play at home and move this to Clones or even better for me, Brewster. That way I could watch the match on the way to Belfast which was my original plans. 

rrhf

Is Seany Johnston still playing ball.

macdanger2

Quote from: rrhf on June 26, 2018, 11:37:50 PM

Could be the only kildare player in Croker on Saturday evening

omaghjoe

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 27, 2018, 12:01:16 AM

Could be the only kildare player in Croker on Saturday evening

:D :D :D

Woke up one of the childer laughing at this... your in the wife's bad books mac

omagh_gael

Any word on Lee Brennan and Mark Bradley? Would be good if they could get some sort of a run out this weekend.

Itchy

Yes, Mattie has him playing quarter back. He is class at it.