All Ireland U21 football championship 2017

Started by Captain Obvious, February 21, 2017, 12:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

0-16 to 1-9 with a minute plus injury time left.

J70

J70

0-18 to 1-9

Donegal adding a few points at the end.

Syferus

Roscommon football is at low tide this spring to say the least. Been a long time now since I've seen a primrose team win a match.

Basic errors, particularly when it came to kicking and when to kick let us down. Not unlike two years ago at minor against the same. Can't be too surprised by the result but this and the form of the minors indicating they may not do much better should serve as a wake up call to the CB about penny pinching at the grades that were the platform for most of our best players to be developed.

I was pulling the piss out of CK's confidence but this was always going to be a touch-and-go match. Well done to Sligo. They'll be up against it in the final but you never know. It would be some time for them to win their first and last U21 Connacht title.

Il Bomber Destro

Donegal just a better side, Tyrone needed to do the job the first time around.

Have Donegal still many players to come back in?

J70

0-18 to 1-9 FT

O'Neill sent off at the end for striking O'Donnell (no, really!). ;D

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Syferus on March 22, 2017, 09:25:47 PM
Roscmmion football is at low tide this spring to say the least. Been a long time now since I've seen a primrose team win a match.

Basic errors, particularly when it came to kicking and when to kick let us down. Not unlike two years ago at minor against the same. Can't be too surprised by the result but this and the form of the minors indicating they may not do much better should serve as a wake up call to the CB about penny pinching at the grades that were the platform for most of our best players to be developed.

I was pulling the piss out of CK's confidence but this was always gonig to be a touch-and-go match. Well done to Sligo. They'll be up against it in the final but you never know. It would be some time for them to win their first and last U21 Connacht title.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48H34ukFe8g

J70

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 22, 2017, 09:26:44 PM
Donegal just a better side, Tyrone needed to do the job the first time around.

Have Donegal still many players to come back in?

Think Jason McGee was the main one missing tonight. Ciaran Gillespie was back for his first game of the season.

A few of the lads who've been featuring for the seniors had very good games from the sounds of it (Langan, Brennan, Mulligan).

Cavan next.

Apparently we looked a bit dodgy under the high ball.

sligoman2

Big game by Darragh Cummings in midfield, kicked 4 points in a row in the second half.  Good to see Eddie Mcguinness back.

Listened to the game on shannonside, that hegarty lad is funny but nuts.  He spent more time talking about tea and other stuff rather than the match itself.

Great to have a final to look forward to, we know it will be tough but it would absolutely be brilliant to win our first and only u21 title in the last year of the competition.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

magpie seanie

Well done Sligo. People more in the know than me were pretty confident we'd win but going up to Kiltoom is never easy for us. Glad we're through and I'd expect we'll not be a million miles away the next day. Up Sligo.

Kudos to CK for putting his neck on the block all along on this one. Most people who aren't shitheads give credit where it's due.

StephenC

Good win for Donegal. Finished what they should have done last week.

Rois

Quote from: J70 on March 22, 2017, 09:27:32 PM

O'Neill sent off at the end for striking O'Donnell (no, really!). ;D

This made me laugh out loud

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

cavanmaniac

So what about Cavan v Donegal? Is it a home game for Cavan? Donegal would be hot favourites nonetheless, especially after two strong battle-hardenings against Tyrone, whereas Cavan barely had a had put on them against Fermanagh. I'm not familiar with either side beyond there, what do those of you in the know think about it?

ck

Quote from: sligoman2 on March 22, 2017, 08:55:03 PM
Like I said you never know.  Sligo win by a goal.  6 minutes of extra time played?

Great call CK. 

Any comments or betting advice syf?

Thanks!!
I had seen both teams and Sligo were miles ahead in terms of gameplan. Not sure who manages Roscommon but they werent overly well set up. Sligo will test Mayo