American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

they don't want to trade him - especially to a division rival where he can come into Lambeau - have a stormer of a game showing the Coaches/Management up

AZOffaly

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 16, 2008, 03:55:25 PM
they don't want to trade him - especially to a division rival where he can come into Lambeau - have a stormer of a game showing the Coaches/Management up

So they want do do a Malcolm Glazer on it? Have him rot away on the bench, or else retire. He should retire, he should walk away with his head high, but in fairness to him, if he's changed his mind, he's entitled to do so. And if they don't rate him anymore, they should let him go, or trade him. Surely they could get him a team that's not a divisional rival. They might even get something for him.

Puckoon

Getting excited now waiting for the preseason - really really looking forward to monday night football, and going to wolf pack stadium with an autumn chill in the air. Big hits and short skirts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZaXzC_4Rrg&feature=related

magickingdom

monday night football is the best invention ever puck! after the weekend always looked forward to pizza and the game...

Puckoon

It puts a whole new spin on mondays. Thats for sure. Should be a great season. Have to find a good bet for this year. Last year the packers made me plenty of money, and the lakers too. I wonder who this years cash cow will be.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Puckoon on July 31, 2008, 10:46:11 PM
It puts a whole new spin on mondays. Thats for sure. Should be a great season. Have to find a good bet for this year. Last year the packers made me plenty of money, and the lakers too. I wonder who this years cash cow will be.

I like Dallas in their 1st 6-8 games, San Diego their 1st 4, the Bears after their 1st 2 games and 1st seven for Indy.

Lots of parlay plays this year $$$$$$ ;)

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

AZOffaly

"Are you ready for some football?
A Monday night Invasion!!"

I loved this theme song every week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmDW5p8X9xs&feature=related

See Brett Favre was reinstated on the weekend, back at practice competing for the starting job. Harsh on Aaron Rogers, who looked awful in a few carefully selected clips from the scrimmage  in Green Bay. Brett is a media favourite alright!

Good game for a pre-season week in the Hall of Fame game. Colt Brennan the rookie from Hawai'i looked good, even with his funny quasi-sidearm action, for his period on the field. (Great name by the way. If he makes it in the NFL, especially as a gunslinger type QB, you can imagine the marketing :D).

The Mighty Cardinals (ahem) are on Thursday night on Sky as well.

Jaysus the NFL makes the autumn worth it. College Football kicking off soon as well.

Carmen Stateside

Barcelona  vs  NY Red Bulls
could get ugly Barca two up already :)

http://www.justin.tv/barcelonaec

Carmen Stateside

Tyrones own

QuoteSee Brett Favre was reinstated on the weekend, back at practice competing for the starting job. Harsh on Aaron Rogers, who looked awful in a few carefully selected clips from the scrimmage  in Green Bay. Brett is a media favourite alright!

Tampa Bay and Mr Gruden here we come...
he'll be closer to home at least.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

DrinkingHarp

Move over Joe Namath there is a new Jets QB

ESPN News is reporting Brett Favre traded to the J-E-T-S      NY Jets

Favre will be a good addition to the NYJ with Jones in the backfield, Cotchery and Coles at WR.

Puckoon

Can someone explain to me what the hell is going on with Favre?

Last years NFC game quarterback, still a great player - and of the 32 teams in the NFL, only 2 were interested in signing him???

Have the buffallo bills or the miami dolphins, or even the 49ers got an embarrassment of riches somewhere that we dont know about?

20 million on the table last week from Greenbay to sign for them and NOT play... I wish I could be insulted with 20 million.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on August 07, 2008, 05:03:35 AM
Move over Joe Namath there is a new Jets QB

ESPN News is reporting Brett Favre traded to the J-E-T-S      NY Jets

Favre will be a good addition to the NYJ with Jones in the backfield, Cotchery and Coles at WR.

You can go to     www.NFL.com     for all the details.

The Claw

BEST NEWS EVER! FAVRE TO JETS! WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!

Gabriel_Hurl

I know one poster will be happy - he made sure to text me at 2am this morning about the trade