American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balboa

Dont forget Ryan Leaf, selected behind Manning, biggest bust with Couch probably.

DrinkingHarp

If you go by a teams first round selection, I think the last 8 for the Chicago Bears have been cut or released by their second or third year :-[
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Balboa

The Browns drafted Couch and Courtney Brown, both first overall picks, now out of the league (Brown was with Broncos last year, they cut him), Jeff Faine was a first round pick, cut. William Green was also cut, i think.

thejuice

Quote from: Balboa on November 20, 2007, 01:57:56 PM
The Browns drafted Couch and Courtney Brown, both first overall picks, now out of the league (Brown was with Broncos last year, they cut him), Jeff Faine was a first round pick, cut. William Green was also cut, i think.

Wonder will Brady Quinn get a look in at all, Anderson is doing a good job. Is Charlie Frye still on their roster??
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Gabriel_Hurl

Frye is backing up Matt Hasselback in Seattle now

the Deel Rover

how many quarterbacks are available for draft each year ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Balboa

I saw an interesting article on ESPN that they may look into trading Quinn for a 1st Round pick in the '08 draft as Quinn would be rated higher than any QB's that are due to be in the '08 draft, so they would go with Anderson and use the pick to help their woeful defense.

thejuice

Quote from: the Deel Rover on November 20, 2007, 02:59:21 PM

Theres no limit on them. Just a limited number of good ones. Of all the players that leave college only a small fraction end up in the NFL and fewer still become successful.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

stew

Quote from: the Deel Rover on November 20, 2007, 02:59:21 PM

That depends on how many are good enough to make an NFL roster. It varies from year to year.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

the Deel Rover

What happens all the players that don't make the nfl there must be loads of player who once their college career is over thats it no more  football for them. 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Gabriel_Hurl

There's the Canadian Football League and the Arena Football League

More lower leagues as well - but you'll find most of them get an ordinary job

thejuice

Quote from: the Deel Rover on November 20, 2007, 03:16:51 PM
What happens all the players that don't make the nfl there must be loads of player who once their college career is over thats it no more  football for them. 

Some if not all will have some form of college education. Thats a requirement I think. As Ive never been in the states longer than a week I really dont know if they quit altogether, but im sure theres a senior mens league somewhere for people who want to keep playing. But I would imagine it wouldnt come close to what they'd have been used to in high school or college in terms of spectators

the Deel Rover

Quote from: thejuice on November 20, 2007, 03:22:10 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on November 20, 2007, 03:16:51 PM

Some if not all will have some form of college education. Thats a requirement I think. As Ive never been in the states longer than a week I really dont know if they quit altogether, but im sure theres a senior mens league somewhere for people who want to keep playing. But I would imagine it wouldnt come close to what they'd have been used to in high school or college in terms of spectators

i suppose you can see why the college football is taking so seriously for most of them its their only chance to play on front of such large crowds
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Puckoon

Im not sure if there is a major mens league in most or many cities for the people who finish after college. I guess they just go on to work, maybe they coach at high schools or something. One thing is for sure, any time I sit down at a poker table and come across someone who played college ball - they dont need an invitation to recount their glory days for everyone in the room. Sometimes its worth listening to, sometimes, yawn.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Puckoon on November 20, 2007, 03:32:02 PM
Im not sure if there is a major mens league in most or many cities for the people who finish after college. I guess they just go on to work, maybe they coach at high schools or something. One thing is for sure, any time I sit down at a poker table and come across someone who played college ball - they dont need an invitation to recount their glory days for everyone in the room. Sometimes its worth listening to, sometimes, yawn.

Texas holdem puckoon?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers