Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seany

So you think I'm Barry McEllduff now?  Heh heh heh.

LCohen

If Barry doesn't go SF will get pulled apart in every interview north and south on their "respect " agenda. Their political opponents will have a field day.

They don't really sack people.

He will have to be leaned on to resign.

Over the Bar

The unreserved apology coupled with the offer to meet relatives and a history of relatively harmless,  clownish tweets would seem to point to a crass but damaging mistake.   

The politicians who have tripped over themselves in the rush to immediately condemn as a deliberate, mocking attack on the victims are the ones who appear only too willing to exploit and add to the families' grief just to score a quick political point, rather than do the sensible thing and ask McElduff to explain himself.   Shameful at best.

LCohen

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 06, 2018, 11:12:52 PM
The unreserved apology coupled with the offer to meet relatives and a history of relatively harmless,  clownish tweets would seem to point to a crass but damaging mistake.   

The politicians who have tripped over themselves in the rush to immediately condemn as a deliberate, mocking attack on the victims are the ones who appear only too willing to exploit and add to the families' grief just to score a quick political point, rather than do the sensible thing and ask McElduff to explain himself.   Shameful at best.

It's possible that people don't believe the apology.

It's possible that people think the offer of a meeting is meaningless as the offer isn't going to be accepted.

It's not as if Wee Barry has a track record of posting pictures of his shopping with such a high degree of frequency that the instance of posting a picture of that product on that day with the writing the right way up for this to be explained away as some form of coincidence. This was a deliberate act

Main Street

If this were anywhere else other than NI then Barry would be in the dock but this happened inside the 6 counties where such antics are kinda normal.  Does he happen to be a Tyronite? Not an excuse, just an explanation.

Dougal Maguire

Has he been asked to provide an explanation as to what it was he was doing and why he did it?
Careful now

east down gael

I just can't believe he deliberately meant to cause offence to anyone.if he did it would be a monumental error.his brand of humour is,for want of a better word,terrible.but harmless enough.i honestly believe it was a genuine mistake,and would be disappointed with the unionist politicians,aswell as some in the sdlp,who immediately jumped on this as a political point scoring opportunity.the kind of behaviour you'd expect off Bryson,not those who should know better.

longballin

He does daft videos all the time eating ice-creams etc out and about. I dont believe eithrr he wud deliberatly pour scorn on Kingsmill killings... not a chance.

east down gael

Totally agree,not a chance he meant it.even those claiming he did probably know this.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: LCohen on January 06, 2018, 11:19:19 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on January 06, 2018, 11:12:52 PM

It's possible that people don't believe the apology.

It's possible that people think the offer of a meeting is meaningless as the offer isn't going to be accepted.

It's not as if Wee Barry has a track record of posting pictures of his shopping with such a high degree of frequency that the instance of posting a picture of that product on that day with the writing the right way up for this to be explained away as some form of coincidence. This was a deliberate act

The offer has been accepted apparently.

If deliberate and intended to offend why apologise then?

Minder

Carl Frampton -

I don't normally comment on politics and I don't care of your political view but what Barry McElduff did was disgraceful and shameful. Hard to comprehend how someone in his position could do that. Idiotic! Stick to the politics and stop trying to be a comedian
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

An absolute moron and always has been. As funny as cancer. He should have been put up the road a long time ago. Imagine this is the best public representative you can find in the area. The mind boggles.

screenexile

I think he's done this video to send to a mate to make fun of Kingsmill but has posted it online instead/by mistake.

Don't give us this innocent mistake bullshit yes it was a mistake but there's no innocence in it. There's no way he didn't know the significance of what he was doing it just wasn't intended for public consumption.

The problem is Sinn Fein's "Equality and Respect" campaign can't really work if they're going to apologise for this crap.

Amateur bullshit like this really annoys me we should be better than Gregory/Poots/Foster/McCrea etc. and much like the crocodile comment the Unionists will use this to beat us with for a long time to come. You can't make fun of the deaths of 11 people!!!