Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonkunlon

Aye, Wednesday's storm and today's rain put an end to the possibility of free flowing hurling. Think all the games were similar in that regard today. 14 points isn't enough to win the vast majority of Championship hurling games. Cushendun had been good for goals up to today.

Just scrolling through @AntrimGAA Twitter feed there. It's diabolical. No publicity or reporting of scores from the other three semi-finals today.

Retweets of Ballycastle's match updates from the big game.

We've gone backwards since Sean Kelly stepped down.

Milltown Row2

Yes, updates were down to Ballycastle on scores, and fair play,  but to be fair, all county twitter accounts they don't show any updates on games .. that's generally down to certain clubs.

As I was tracking some, and they weren't available
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SaffronSports

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 30, 2023, 10:10:40 PMFrom a personal viewpoint on todays game, the weather heavy pitch and difference in physicality played into Creggan's hands.

The actual better hurlers were Cushendun but a penalty and dropping a ball into the net won't help a team.

The final is a 50/50

Largely agree. The conditions suited Creggan but tbh, I don't think Cushendun really found anything extra after the league while other teams brought another gear. They were poor in losing to Glenarm, another few minutes and Carey would have beat them then ultimately fell short today.

What happened with the penalty? I was down the far end and an umbrella blocked my view. The one Gareth dropped into the net was disappointing, he's a very good keeper but probably conditions at play for that one.

Milltown Row2

Unfortunately for Gareth, (who I've huge respect for) the conditions meant he caught the attacker with his feet and missed timed a tackle inside the box, both umpires there agreed when asked before full decision was taken.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SaffronSports

Fair enough. I was right behind a very vocal Cushendun fan who spent most of the game on yours and Conor McCann's cases and tbf he didn't even dispute it too much at the time. McCann had the last laugh with the late scores and result anyway.

Jonkunlon

Few saw that coming. Fully deserved too. Dunloy were outworked and outsmarted all over the field. Hate to say it but Dunloy looked leggy. Made stick and handling errors over and over again. Guilty of overplaying the game too.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Jonkunlon on October 01, 2023, 04:12:23 PMFew saw that coming. Fully deserved too. Dunloy were outworked and outsmarted all over the field. Hate to say it but Dunloy looked leggy. Made stick and handling errors over and over again. Guilty of overplaying the game too.

Not trying to be clever after the fact but you kind of could see it coming though, football exertions and being on the go non stop with Antrim & Dunloy.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Jonkunlon

More in reference to how poor Loughgiel have been in many games this year. People point to the St John's game but St John's are a shadow of their former selves.

paddyjohn

Dunloy will never be as bad again but take nothing away from Loughiel. Serious work rate all over the pitch.

antrimman667

Was at the match today in ballycastle, loughgeil a joy to watch, dunloy have been fantastic champions, loughgeil full value for the win

Milltown Row2

Dunloy coughed up some scores today, and Loughgiel gobbled them up, mishandling and some players not at peak condition plus Kevin Molloy missing ( who for me is mister consistent) will not have helped.

That take's nothing away from loughgiel who from the get go we're well up for the game..

Tenacious in the the tackle and accurate from play the were able to take scores.

Dunloy had to work harder for theirs and like a semi final defeat before against same opposition at same venue came back to dominate.

Loughgiels youth policy has paid dividends, Cushendall won't be quaking in their boots either, so sets up a great final

pdiddy

Honest question MR2, what is/should be the penalty for throwing the stick in an attempt to hook an opposing player?
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

Saffrongael

You would hardly think Loughgiel will play McManus as badly again
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: pdiddy on October 01, 2023, 08:17:06 PMHonest question MR2, what is/should be the penalty for throwing the stick in an attempt to hook an opposing player?

If seen it's a free, the severity of it depends on intent, and outcome.. if you connect with player it's a yellow, if you throw it like a hatchet then you could get a red..

But always go back to the first part of my answer  ;D

imtommygunn

Quote from: Saffrongael on October 01, 2023, 08:24:51 PMYou would hardly think Loughgiel will play McManus as badly again

I imagine he'll be good as usual but I would doubt he'll score 4 goals again. Has the makings of a very interesting final.