Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on August 26, 2020, 09:07:39 PM
Creggan v St endas
Rossa v cargin
LD v aghagallon
Pg1 v St Galls

I think
Creggan v St Endas is the mcnulty brothers, with decades of servce to St Endas, taking a team against them and palyers they would have coached - If I Live to I'm 100 I'll never understand how men can do that

paddyjohn

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on August 27, 2020, 01:15:57 PM
Creggan v St endas
Rossa v cargin
LD v aghagallon
Pg1 v St Galls

I think
Creggan v St Endas is the mcnulty brothers, with decades of servce to St Endas, taking a team against them and palyers they would have coached - If I Live to I'm 100 I'll never understand how men can do that

I've coached against my own club. It's strange but I lived to tell the tale.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Peter john on August 27, 2020, 02:51:06 PM
Tyrdub,I think semis in both codes are next weekend, with LD hurling sat in junior, footbal on Sunday, winners off St Paul's or Ballymena  in junior hurling out next weekend when their football teams play in semi final off inter,dunloy likewise,apparently dates are set,as usual £££ is all that matters

Not a lot of cross over with Lamhs, certainly Dunloy and Rossa  would have a lot more, but i doubt money has anything to do with it seeing as there could be triple or more at these games and its not happening due to current situation..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

We have compressed the season (as in more than it needs to be but to be fair with the way things were at the start it wasn't a bad thing to give contingency) so I think allowances should be made here.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: paddyjohn on August 27, 2020, 01:48:38 PM
Creggan v St endas
Rossa v cargin
LD v aghagallon
Pg1 v St Galls

I think

R u still welcome in your 'own' club?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on August 27, 2020, 04:47:22 PM
Creggan v St endas to
Rossa v cargin
LD v aghagallon
Pg1 v St Galls

I think

I'm back coaching with the underage teams. I was asked by a mate to help him out at a club and it happened that they were in the same league as my "home" club. There was no issue either of the 2 games.

paddyjohn

And my payment was a voucher for full club gear and a pair of dinner dance tickets.

BigBallWeeBall

Quote from: paddyjohn on August 27, 2020, 05:28:31 PM
Creggan v St endas to
Rossa v cargin
LD v aghagallon
Pg1 v St Galls

I think

I'm back coaching with the underage teams. I was asked by a mate to help him out at a club and it happened that they were in the same league as my "home" club. There was no issue either of the 2 games.
Is this the same with Aghagallon v LD
Something most of us would not contemplate is managing  a team against your own club in your own county.

bannside

I did it too a few years back, managing new club versus old club...and it definitely felt strange alright. But when you take a job on you have a responsibility to do it 100%. Kevin Murray and the Mc Nulty brothers will have only one loyalty next week. It just adds to the intrique of the championship.

On another note, big shout out once more to our esteemed PRO Sean who is making sure we all get to see as many games as possible. He has some energy and passion for Antrim GAA thats for sure!

BigBallWeeBall

Quote from: bannside on August 27, 2020, 07:42:09 PM
I did it too a few years back, managing new club versus old club...and it definitely felt strange alright. But when you take a job on you have a responsibility to do it 100%. Kevin Murray and the Mc Nulty brothers will have only one loyalty next week. It just adds to the intrique of the championship.

On another note, big shout out once more to our esteemed PRO Sean who is making sure we all get to see as many games as possible. He has some energy and passion for Antrim GAA thats for sure!
Sean Pro is fantastic, we can agree on that. He's also doing it for FREE...... That's passion

Calm Down

Any word on who the men in the middle are for Sunday?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Calm Down on August 27, 2020, 08:12:16 PM
Any word on who the men in the middle are for Sunday?

On county website
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Calm Down

Cheers, couple of names I would not have expected in there

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on August 27, 2020, 07:28:07 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on August 27, 2020, 05:28:31 PM
Creggan v St endas to
Rossa v cargin
LD v aghagallon
Pg1 v St Galls

I think

Is this the same with Aghagallon v LD
Something most of us would not contemplate is managing  a team against your own club in your own county.
Hold on is that Murray managing against his 2 brothers on the LD team? surely stnad down for the game and Aghagallon would think more of him - what a situation for his Family

Calm Down

Quote from: hardstation on August 27, 2020, 08:32:13 PM
Quote from: Calm Down on August 27, 2020, 08:25:02 PM
Cheers, couple of names I would not have expected in there

Hope St. John's & St. Gall's people have no plans on Saturday night.

Why so?