Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

Latest post from the Antrim webpage about the make up of the league next eyar

As a result of several Guestbook questions below is the 2015 /2016 League structures.

The structure of the All County Hurling Leagues in 2016 will be changed as a result of a motion passed at County convention 2014.
The make up of the leagues starting in 2016 will be:
Division 1A – 8 Teams
Division 1B – 8 Teams
Division 2 - 8 Teams
Division 3 - Remaining teams
To enable this to happen the games played in this years league (2015) will form the basis of who plays in each Division in 2016.
At the conclusion of the 2015 leagues ,the top finishing 8 teams in Division 1 will make up the Division 1A in 2016.
Division 1B (2016) will be made up of teams that finish in 9th and 10th position in Division 1 (2015) plus the top 6 teams finishing in Division 2 (2015).
Division 2 (2016) will be made up of teams that finish 7th,8th,9th and 10th in Division 2 (2015) plus the teams that finish in position 1,2,3 and 4 in Division 3 (2015).
Division 3 (2016) will be made up of the remaining teams who play in Division 3 (2015) plus Division 4 (2015)
The winners of leagues 1,2,3 and 4 will be awarded the League Trophy and medals in 2015
Football

It is two promoted and two relegated in Div. 1 & 2. In Division 3 this year after the Grading Round the teams are split into two sections. Points gained during the Grading Round do carry and the venues are reversed in the second round.
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Quote from: frostbit on May 05, 2015, 03:32:20 PM
Thought that was clear enough.

Would have to fancy Clooney Gaels and St Galls to go down.  The Down teams have got off to a flyer and none of the bigger clubs will go down for certain.  Rossa have had the edge over St Galls already and that result could prove costly.
Would fancy Glenariffe, Ballygalget, Cloughmills, Sarsfields, Gort na Mona and Creggan to make it into the 1B alongside them next year.

I think Cushendun, St Paul's and Armoy will struggle.  Carey so far haven't competed with those around their level yet only beating Cushendun so far.  Think it might become a three way battle between GNM, Creggan and Carey with the first two having competed much better to date.

Long way to go of course.

Early days yes but so far would agree with that - a lot can depend on who stays in championships or goes out early.

hurlingstick

A post on the Laois hurling thread claims 'we (Antrim) got the rub of the green on Sunday'. Anyone who was there would entirely dispute that. Between their really soft penalty, their fluke of a last goal and the copious amounts of refereeing decisions that went against us, we got anything but  'the rub of the green'. I've watched a sequence of photos for the game winning penalty and it was like a UFC move. 100% correct decision....we deserved to win on Sunday.

Bonamargy

Quote from: hurlingstick on May 07, 2015, 01:31:46 PM
A post on the Laois hurling thread claims 'we (Antrim) got the rub of the green on Sunday'. Anyone who was there would entirely dispute that. Between their really soft penalty, their fluke of a last goal and the copious amounts of refereeing decisions that went against us, we got anything but  'the rub of the green'. I've watched a sequence of photos for the game winning penalty and it was like a UFC move. 100% correct decision....we deserved to win on Sunday.

100% agree. The penalty we got was as blatant a penalty as you are going to see. For the 71 and a half minutes before that the referee gave us absolutely nothing. The spectators around me were disgusted with the refs decisions throughout the game.

getevennotcross

"Rub of the green" or not, more importantly we got a magnificent result and that's all that matters.  As I said, I was not at the game due to work commitments, but I did hear the referee gave us absolutely nothing which is no surprise.  I'm not into berating referees they have a difficult enough job to do but even handedness is an essential component.

Roll on Sunday, another good win against Westmeath would do nicely for the lads.  I hope they can push on from the good win against Laois, another win under their belt will certainly restore some confidence, especially among the young fellas.  By all accounts young Clarke and Johnston showed very well,. I was a little concerned about McClean though, a bit light and not physically capable in my reckoning (fair dues to the lad anyway).  Neil McAuley  I'm informed had a blinder which is the true mark of the man.  A very under rated individual in my opinion and would grace any county team in the country.  (well lets just say, he would be one of my first picks any day).

theskull1

Think we're arguing over semantics here

I think we're all agreed that Laois we're a bit more joined up in their team play throughout the game, but pure heart and hurt got us over the line. At the minute I'd believe that Laois have the game to beat us 4 out of 5 games. We need to develop but can be proud of the effort the boys put in.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

hurlingstick

Quote from: theskull1 on May 07, 2015, 02:14:44 PM

I think we're all agreed that Laois we're a bit more joined up in their team play throughout the game, but pure heart and hurt got us over the line. At the minute I'd believe that Laois have the game to beat us 4 out of 5 games. We need to develop but can be proud of the effort the boys put in.

Last four meetings.... Won 2 apiece. Antrim's 2 wins came in championship hurling, Laois's wins in league.

getevennotcross

Quote from: hurlingstick on May 07, 2015, 02:19:36 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on May 07, 2015, 02:14:44 PM

Last four meetings.... Won 2 apiece. Antrim's 2 wins came in championship hurling, Laois's wins in league.
A very pertinent and telling observation Hurlingstick! We would be an equal to Laois if not slightly better imho.

antrimgeal1989

Similar team to last week. Mcfadden named in half forward. Obviously position changes will take place. McLean starting again?? Will that happen? Wasn't up to it last week and isn't up to the level imo

brendanbelfast

where did you see the team?Cant see it on county website?

antrimgeal1989

It's on the official antrim facebook page

imtommygunn

There's an official antrim facebook page??

hurlingstick

All being well, we will be playing championship hurling (Leinster quarter final) on June 7th. Win tomorrow and I would like to think it will be against Offaly. I'm not disrespecting Offaly but I would rather be drawn against them than Wexford. Good luck Antrim against Westmeath. If you show the heart and talent of last week then we should win. No complacency!

Seamroga in exile

Good luck to the boys tomorrow. Contrary to the opinion of some obsessed posters on here, I wish nothing but the best for ye. Unfortunately I won't be there tomorrow, but I'll try to tune in from Playa  de Las Americas.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

hurlingstick

Disgusting scenes at the NA minor final tonight. Grown men punching lumps out of each other in the crowd. So many children scared at witnessing that. Hang your heads in shame.