TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Just finished The Last Dance. Wow
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

3 episodes down. Really enjoying it.

I see Heaney in the Irish news said it's not a documentary it's a vanity project lol. I think there may be a touch of pot kettle black with some of his articles ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 29, 2020, 07:48:56 AM

I see Heaney in the Irish news said it's not a documentary it's a vanity project lol. I think there may be a touch of pot kettle black with some of his articles ;D

He's full of shit! Every team sport has a player that was your go to man, the Bulls had two but mainly Jordan. He's tough on his teammates, so what, it's not great management but it's got its place
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I always remember watching Galway Tipp from releatively close to the pitch in Croke park about 2010/2011 and Eoin Kelly was playing for Tipp in his prime. There was a boy Adrian (maybe Brody) playing wing half back for Galway and he was having a stinker of a game. Eoin Kelly saw this after a few balls went in and in front of the guys face he started shouting to the Tipp boy marking him f**king destroy him he's f**king useless into the guys face. I thought looking at him he was obviously ruthless etc however to be honest there's no harm in what he did. He wanted to win and that was the weak link where they were going to exploit Galway.(I think he comes across as an alright sort too Kelly)

gallsman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 29, 2020, 09:34:02 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 29, 2020, 07:48:56 AM

He's full of shit! Every team sport has a player that was your go to man, the Bulls had two but mainly Jordan. He's tough on his teammates, so what, it's not great management but it's got its place

The critics aren't wrong about it being a hagiography more than a documentary though. Plenty of bullshit in it clearly, but that didn't stop it being great TV

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 27, 2020, 09:45:50 AM
Permission to ask a tv question on the basketball thread? Anyone seen Snowpiercer and is it worth a watch?

Watched the film a few months ago, stuck that on and save a bit of time.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Quote from: bennydorano on May 28, 2020, 08:45:59 PM
Found a show on Amazon Prime called Loudermilk, 3 episodes into S1 and it's getting pretty funny

Surprisingly good I'm enjoying it. Pretty dark but some great one liners.

Touchy!

DrinkingHarp

Gout flareup since Thursday so I had a chance to binge some TV shows from Amazon through my Firestick

Uploaded - guy dies and "soul" is transported into a download so he can continue to "live" and communicate with the living.  Com-Drama   
7.6/10

The Boys - Superheros are real and are also a corporation with a very dark side. A few people are hunting them because of the dark things they have done.  Not really a superhero movie fan but this isn't like that.
8/10

Then started, Catastrophe, a British/American comedy about the guy knocking up the lady while on a biz trip to London. The show was slow but picked up pace and I'm at season 2 episode 3 and it is really funny.
8.8/10
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

screenexile

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on June 02, 2020, 05:04:50 AM
Gout flareup since Thursday so I had a chance to binge some TV shows from Amazon through my Firestick

Uploaded - guy dies and "soul" is transported into a download so he can continue to "live" and communicate with the living.  Com-Drama   
7.6/10

The Boys - Superheros are real and are also a corporation with a very dark side. A few people are hunting them because of the dark things they have done.  Not really a superhero movie fan but this isn't like that.
8/10

Then started, Catastrophe, a British/American comedy about the guy knocking up the lady while on a biz trip to London. The show was slow but picked up pace and I'm at season 2 episode 3 and it is really funny.
8.8/10

IRISH

Taylor

Milltown Row2

Watched Into the night on Netflix, a dubbed European sci-fi only 6 episodes, acting is poor or the translation is poor (much prefer subtitles) but enjoyed the story!

tbrick18

I've been watching Travellers on Netflix.
Not bad...on season 2 at the minute and they had a episode where there was a virus epidemic. There was a scene talking about R values and gestation periods. Given season 2 is probably at least a year old, it made for interesting viewing.
8/10

BennyCake

Normal People.

Just as I suspected. Long drawn out episodes where nothing really happens. You could have fitted all 12 episodes into an hour, the riding included.

ONeill

Ach come on now. There was a myriad of different types of riding there that would take at least two hours.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyCake

Hmm, you have a point. An hour an a half then  ;D