TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Joe

The Invisible Guest - available on Netflix.

It's a cracking Spanish language whodunit movie.  Would thoroughly recommend it.

Boycey

I watched all 4 episodes of the Jeffrey Epstien Netflix doc last night, shocking stuff and a very bad smell about the whole thing. I never knew til last night that his partner in crime was Robert Maxwell's daughter, how did I miss that.. ..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on June 07, 2020, 09:35:34 AM
I watched all 4 episodes of the Jeffrey Epstien Netflix doc last night, shocking stuff and a very bad smell about the whole thing. I never knew til last night that his partner in crime was Robert Maxwell's daughter, how did I miss that.. ..

Shocking altogether! It's just hard to comprehend some of the going ons and how it's allowed to continue and how low people can go!

Trump, Clinton, Prince Andrew and the famous lawyer all up to their necks in it, it seems
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 07, 2020, 10:23:33 AM
Quote from: Boycey on June 07, 2020, 09:35:34 AM

Shocking altogether! It's just hard to comprehend some of the going ons and how it's allowed to continue and how low people can go!

Trump, Clinton, Prince Andrew and the famous lawyer all up to their necks in it, it seems

And doing it all so openly too! He must have had some amount of dirt on people to get off with it for this length of time. The girlfriend or whatever she is, is arguably worse than Epstien. Bill Clinton really is a dodgy man.

Gold

Bachelors Walk. Rerun from the early millenium on RTE on Monday nights...easy watched sitcom about 3 housemates on the Quays
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

quit yo jibbajabba

Enjoyable show Gold tho they keep messin about with the scheduling of it - dont think its on tomorrow night?

bennydorano

What we do in the shadows back for S2 on demand / iplayer. Seriously funny show if you like it a bit quirky.

tbrick18

Quote from: Gold on June 14, 2020, 03:07:13 AM
Bachelors Walk. Rerun from the early millenium on RTE on Monday nights...easy watched sitcom about 3 housemates on the Quays

I loved this when it first came out. I wonder has it aged ok?
Barry was some craic. lol.

Anyone remember Pure Mule? Not just as old as Bachelors Walk, but I thought it was brilliant too.

quit yo jibbajabba

Bachelors Walk - actually does look a bit dated Brick, was one of my first thoughts. Still decent tho

fearsiuil

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 15, 2020, 02:30:07 PM
Quote from: Gold on June 14, 2020, 03:07:13 AM

I loved this when it first came out. I wonder has it aged ok?
Barry was some craic. lol.

Anyone remember Pure Mule? Not just as old as Bachelors Walk, but I thought it was brilliant too.

Pure Mule was reshown on RTE just finishing up last week, really enjoyed watching again. Charlene McKenna aged well in it!!

Farrandeelin

Finished watching 4 seasons of Queen of the South. One of those druggie cartel ones. Season 5 out next March.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

gallsman

The Bureau (Le Bureau des Legends) is back today on Amazon via Sundance Now. Think there's a few fans of it on here. In my book, it's the greatest spy/security show ever created and it's not even close. Makes "by the numbers" shows like Homeland look shockingly shallow and amateur.

lenny

Quote from: gallsman on June 18, 2020, 08:14:19 AM
The Bureau (Le Bureau des Legends) is back today on Amazon via Sundance Now. Think there's a few tens of it on here. In my book, it's the greatest spy/security show ever created and it's not even close. Makes "by the numbers" shows like Homeland look shockingly shallow and amateur.

Superb show, one of the best I've watched. Only seen the first 4 series so I haven't seen series 5 but it really is gripping. So many brilliant characters in it. As you say it's a few levels better than homeland.

gallsman

It's Season 5 coming out so you're up to date :).

Not showing up on my Amazon just yet though.

Jeepers Creepers

The Jeffrey Epstein doc on Netflix. The background story of this guys rise to fame/fortune is extraordinary to say the least.