Premier League 2021-22

Started by Boycey, July 12, 2021, 09:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Hound on November 21, 2021, 10:48:28 AM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 21, 2021, 09:05:21 AM
Not sure about that last line...
Exactly, it's nonsense regarding Liverpool, whose owners put nothing into the transfer kitty apart from profits earned by the club.  Which of course is better than the situation at United where the owners take some profits for themselves every year (although still end up with a bigger transfer kitty). But completely different to the situation at City in particular who's owners continue to plough in the money. RomanA obviously ploughed in hundreds of millions to get Chelsea to the top, but I think he stopped in recent years.

The key is buying the right players with the money and then deploying them appropriately on the pitch.

100% correct with your last line Hound.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

thewobbler

The key for Everton, WHU and whoever else is the chasing pack, is not to squander the budget on top 6 cast offs e.g. more Souceks, fewer Iwobis.

The key for Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal not to squander their big investments in the players with the wrong mentality / lack of drive to succeed e.g more Manes, fewer NDombeles.

The key for meagwealthy City, Chelsea and United is to maintain a balanced squad so that when they inevitably sack a manager, their successor isn't left with no choice but to play underperforming players / players in the wrong position.

United have been making a mess of this for years. Look at their bench yesterday. Over a million pound and a half a week in wages out the door, and not one of them fit to challenge for starting position.

Milltown Row2

City handy enough...

The level the top three are playing at is phenomenal
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SHEEDY

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2021, 07:24:23 PM
City handy enough...

The level the top three are playing at is phenomenal
the results against each other will go a long way to decide the league, they're miles ahead of everyone else
nil satis nisi optimum

Farrandeelin

The only goal I saw yesterday was West Ham's one to win. It deserved to be a winning goal even though the keeper got his two hands to it.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

J70

Quote from: Farrandeelin on December 05, 2021, 12:25:08 PM
The only goal I saw yesterday was West Ham's one to win. It deserved to be a winning goal even though the keeper got his two hands to it.

Complete fluke in my opinion.

He was attempting a cross. Looked like it might have clipped the defender the way it spun and dipped so quickly.

Not complaining mind you. I was watching it live, and let out a roar as it helps Liverpool.

lurganblue

What yous think of the goal ruled out by VAR and the the ref in the Villa game.  I am of course biased but i cant get on board with Schmeichel having control of the ball.

But then watching MOTD last night and they put up the wording of the rule...

According to Law 12 of the Laws of the Game as regulated by the International Football Association Board, 'a goalkeeper is control of the ball if the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface'  such as the ground or his own body.
A keeper is also considered to be in control of the ball  'by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save'

Sure that's as clear as muddy water considering he was trying to gather the ball after it rebounded off him, having made a save.

shark

Quote from: lurganblue on December 06, 2021, 11:35:10 AM
What yous think of the goal ruled out by VAR and the the ref in the Villa game.  I am of course biased but i cant get on board with Schmeichel having control of the ball.

According to Law 12 of the Laws of the Game as regulated by the International Football Association Board, 'a goalkeeper is control of the ball if the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface'  such as the ground or his own body.
A keeper is also considered to be in control of the ball  'by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save'

Sure that's as clear as muddy water considering he was trying to gather the ball after it rebounded off him, having made a save.

The worst part of it all was Schmeichel pretending he got kicked in the hand, when there was no contact at all. Ramsey kicked nothing but the ball.

johnnycool

Quote from: shark on December 06, 2021, 11:41:53 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on December 06, 2021, 11:35:10 AM

The worst part of it all was Schmeichel pretending he got kicked in the hand, when there was no contact at all. Ramsey kicked nothing but the ball.

I thought it was harsh to overturn that goal.

If Schmeichel had it hand on the ball, it was a split second at best and hard to see how they could have decided that he was in control of it..

Cunny Funt

Fine strike by Gray to win that match for Everton.

J70

Raul Jiminez will be feeling fairly foolish and embarrassed right about now. And his team mates should be raging with him.

About as dumb and unnecessary a red card as you'll ever see.

I don't give a bollocks how hard done by you feel for the initial card. Its utter stupidity to do what he did.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on December 11, 2021, 01:28:42 PM
Raul Jiminez will be feeling fairly foolish and embarrassed right about now. And his team mates should be raging with him.

About as dumb and unnecessary a red card as you'll ever see.

I don't give a bollocks how hard done by you feel for the initial card. Its utter stupidity to do what he did.

Nuts and giving away a penalty too, why wave your hands in the air in the box for a cross?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Not a penalty but probably shouldn't have had his arm up like that.

J70

imtommygunn

Without var you could maybe understand it.