Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: The Sweeper.com on February 03, 2020, 09:46:08 AM
Quote from: bigtogs on February 02, 2020, 09:51:12 PM
What do you all think of Mulgrew??

Not at the required standard unfortunately.

Decent Club footballer. But not up to County level.

Ben Mc Donnell the same.

But they always seem to feature for some reason. Strange ;) ;) ;)

Mulgrew falls into the growing category of someone who's been knocking around the Tyrone panel for 3 or 4 years now and doesn't seem to have improved any. Obviously injury hasn't helped in his case but what is he supposed to be? He's been tried out in the full forward line in a few games without ever giving the impression he can win his own ball and beat his man. And he doesn't seem to have the legs to be a wing forward working up and down.

On Ben, this is now his third year on the panel and I actually think he's an example of someone who has improved. He's carved out a niche for himself within the panel as a spoiler around the middle third, and he tends to keep it simple giving the impression he knows his limitations. He's never going to be a superstar but he's a solid squad player.

Where is Brian Kennedy at the minute? I was hoping this would be a big year for him where he would establish himself as our first choice midfielder ahead of Colm Cavanagh. Last year was his break out year at the age of 21 and he got plenty of game time and showed promise. We should be looking for him to kick on this season

southtyronegael

What's with all the negativity redhandefender? Only a few year's ago you had nothing but good to say about tyrone setup. Took you a while to cop on.

redhandefender

Quote from: southtyronegael on February 03, 2020, 09:56:45 AM
What's with all the negativity redhandefender? Only a feed years ago you had nothing but good to say about tyrone setup. Took you a while to cop on.

A few years ago we got to an all ireland final, players from under 21 winning team were still early in development. I was against your constant yapping about harte. Some things have happened since then I have learnt about that unlike you i wouldn be plastering up here.

southtyronegael

Quote from: redhandefender on February 03, 2020, 10:13:15 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on February 03, 2020, 09:56:45 AM
What's with all the negativity redhandefender? Only a feed years ago you had nothing but good to say about tyrone setup. Took you a while to cop on.

A few years ago we got to an all ireland final, players from under 21 winning team were still early in development. I was against your constant yapping about harte. Some things have happened since then I have learnt about that unlike you i wouldn be plastering up here.
no point keeping quiet about what you've heard. People need to know what's going on or else we will still be talking about it in 3 years time.

The Sweeper.com

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on February 03, 2020, 09:56:38 AM

Ben Mc Donnell the same.

Mulgrew falls into the growing category of someone who's been knocking around the Tyrone panel for 3 or 4 years now and doesn't seem to have improved any. Obviously injury hasn't helped in his case but what is he supposed to be? He's been tried out in the full forward line in a few games without ever giving the impression he can win his own ball and beat his man. And he doesn't seem to have the legs to be a wing forward working up and down.

On Ben, this is now his third year on the panel and I actually think he's an example of someone who has improved. He's carved out a niche for himself within the panel as a spoiler around the middle third, and he tends to keep it simple giving the impression he knows his limitations. He's never going to be a superstar but he's a solid squad player.

Where is Brian Kennedy at the minute? I was hoping this would be a big year for him where he would establish himself as our first choice midfielder ahead of Colm Cavanagh. Last year was his break out year at the age of 21 and he got plenty of game time and showed promise. We should be looking for him to kick on this season

I think there are better players in the county than Ben Mc Donnell and David Mulgrew who are not on the panel.

Yet they are consistently featuring in games for our county team.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: The Sweeper.com on February 03, 2020, 10:31:09 AM
Quote from: bigpackiechestout on February 03, 2020, 09:56:38 AM

Ben Mc Donnell the same.

I think there are better players in the county than Ben Mc Donnell and David Mulgrew who are not on the panel.

Yet they are consistently featuring in games for our county team.

Like who?

bigtogs

Is Mickey Harte gone at the end of this season??

GetOverTheBar

bigtogs

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 03, 2020, 11:13:57 AM
Quote from: bigtogs on February 03, 2020, 11:12:32 AM
Is Mickey Harte gone at the end of this season??

Not a chance.

I thought his contract was up at the end of this season....No?

GetOverTheBar

I've no idea but he'll be there next year.

Partly as there is no outstanding candidate to actually take the job / Partly as he's there, as is my understanding until the day he wants to leave.

southtyronegael

Hartes current contract expires at the end of this season. He can then walk or look for an extension. The latter being the most likely.

southtyronegael

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 03, 2020, 11:27:48 AM

Partly as there is no outstanding candidate to actually take the job / Partly as he's there, as is my understanding until the day he wants to leave.
malachy o Rourke not outstanding?

Aaron Boone

Tyrone still on two points, with four more needed to survive.
Next week v Kerry will be the one to determine whether relegation is likely. It's a tricky set of fixtures this season.

bigtogs

Injuries not helping at the minute that is for sure....

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: southtyronegael on February 03, 2020, 11:33:13 AM

malachy o Rourke not outstanding?

You tell me. Unquestionable record at club level over a few counties. At county level, yes Monaghan certainly punched above their weight. He's got a few Ulster titles and an All Ireland Semi Final (beaten by Tyrone)? Probaby sounds as if I'm Pro Harte - certainly not but the next manager of Tyrone must be the right one.

O'Rourke the obvious candidate, but will he make this current set of players better than a Super 8 team? I wouldn't be sure - that's why I can see the county board happy to give it to Harte again to let him take the blame for their lack of ambition (and probably spending).