Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Club boi

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 02, 2018, 12:05:39 PM
Quote from: redhandefender on July 02, 2018, 12:01:03 PM
no matter what happens this weekend this current tyrone team won't beat Donegal in ballybofey, not a f**king mission

Won't need to. Gonna beat the Dubs in omagh.

Nobody quoted you "clown"

BIGONE

any changes to tyrone team this week?
Surely we have seen the last of Mickey O'Neill?
Ronan O'Neill any closer to a starting berth after last weeks introduction?

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: BIGONE on July 05, 2018, 12:20:19 PM

Yeah he's bound to be closer, weather he'll start or not is antoerh think but only Harte knows that,at the end of the day he came on and performed well and produced the goods when Skeet didnt and was taken off!!

Harte has a decision do you play the form man or play the guy that played poorly! 2 games in a row now O'Neil has showed some class!

Competition for places hotting up with imminent returns for Bradley and Brennan! At this stage you could say Richy has justified his place at 14

redhandefender

I think you play skeet and o'neill.

Unfortunately Richie or mcshane need to go. I am a mcshane fan but he goes from the sublime to the ridiculous.

outsideoftheboot

McShane always plays around the middle anyway? so McClure could pull the short straw then? keep Richie and McShane?

Club boi

I was watching the game last week in a bar and while alot of folk were giving out at O'Neill for the goal, the local goalkeeper defended him, saying Burns gave him no support, and should have blocked off the goalscorer from even running in

I aint saying O'Neill is innocent, most keepers in that situation should take ball, man and everything else in his road, but listening to a keepers view, it made sense, and you could see O'Neill let Burns know about it

BennyHarp

Quote from: Club boi on July 05, 2018, 05:55:34 PM

I was watching the game last week in a bar and while alot of folk were giving out at O'Neill for the goal, the local goalkeeper defended him, saying Burns gave him no support, and should have blocked off the goalscorer from even running in

I aint saying O'Neill is innocent, most keepers in that situation should take ball, man and everything else in his road, but listening to a keepers view, it made sense, and you could see O'Neill let Burns know about it

I don't think a goalkeeper should ever be left to come off his line and jump one v one on an oncoming attacker as any touch form the forward drops the ball into an empty net. So yes, in my view the attacker should never have been able to get into that area unmarked and really, O'Neill was left hung out to dry. Having said that, in reality, these situations do arise and you'd expect your keeper to do better when they do.
That was never a square ball!!

square_ball

Enda McGinley fairly scathing of the defensive tactics in the paper today. He'll be off Mickeys Christmas card list if he's not careful.

southtyronegael

Quote from: square_ball on July 06, 2018, 09:22:51 AM
Enda McGinley fairly scathing of the defensive tactics in the paper today. He'll be off Mickeys Christmas card list if he's not careful.
excellent article again from Mc Ginley. His views always worth listening to.

omagh_gael

Irish news?

square_ball

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 06, 2018, 11:41:08 AM

Irish news?

Yeah

The Trap

Got there a few years ago Enda.........

longballin

Enda nails it but strange it took him so long. Harte and Canavan and others hammered commentators for saying the same over the last few years. The game is "evolving" they said and youse don't understand modern football. It's complete and utter dirge so much so that soccer is now more entertaining and that is saying something. Any wonder attendances at Ulster championship have fallen so drastically.

lenny

Quote from: longballin on July 06, 2018, 12:43:29 PM
Enda nails it but strange it took him so long. Harte and Canavan and others hammered commentators for saying the same over the last few years. The game is "evolving" they said and youse don't understand modern football. It's complete and utter dirge so much so that soccer is now more entertaining and that is saying something. Any wonder attendances at Ulster championship have fallen so drastically.

Great article. He's correct. The rules must be changed to stop people like Harte and Gallagher destroying the game forever.

RetiredRessie

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 05, 2018, 11:11:42 PM

I don't think a goalkeeper should ever be left to come off his line and jump one v one on an oncoming attacker as any touch form the forward drops the ball into an empty net. So yes, in my view the attacker should never have been able to get into that area unmarked and really, O'Neill was left hung out to dry. Having said that, in reality, these situations do arise and you'd expect your keeper to do better when they do.

Re the goal, surely Meyler has to take some responsibility, sloppy hand pass to give away possession and left us open at the back. Burns did switch off after the shot was hit and let his man go, but O'Neill has to do better.

Any indication of numbers travelling on Saturday?