Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Boone

Quote from: trailer on July 02, 2018, 11:40:26 AM
We're ordinary enough. This Cork game should give us an idea of where exactly we are. If we tank them, then a good run at the AI series is a possibility. If we scrape by, well then it could be 3 defeats unfortunately. Cork aren't good as Kerry showed. But are we any better?
Cork have had a break, Tyrone looked out of petrol in the Enniskillen heat.
Always dreaded the Cork league games also, they have such a good record against Tyrone.

redhandefender

no matter what happens this weekend this current tyrone team won't beat Donegal in ballybofey, not a f**king mission

RedHand88

Quote from: redhandefender on July 02, 2018, 12:01:03 PM
no matter what happens this weekend this current tyrone team won't beat Donegal in ballybofey, not a f**king mission

Won't need to. Gonna beat the Dubs in omagh.

WT4E

Would have to agree but the injury to McBrearty should increase our chances a good bit.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trailer on July 02, 2018, 11:40:26 AM
We're ordinary enough. This Cork game should give us an idea of where exactly we are. If we tank them, then a good run at the AI series is a possibility. If we scrape by, well then it could be 3 defeats unfortunately. Cork aren't good as Kerry showed. But are we any better?

Watched the Cork v Kerry game, Cork were absolutely useless bar the first 10 minutes. That's not to say Tyrone are on Kerry's level, certainly not that day - but I'd suspect they'll again, have just about enough to get through them. Think you are correct on the Super 8s should they get that far. Wouldn't be expecting much if they do get through.

Too much of an ask for any team to go past the Super 8's not winning their province, in that respect its surely going to increase the prestige once more.

square_ball

Cork were equally useless last year v Kerry as well and nearly had Mayo gone in the subsequent qualifier match. Think Tyrone will get through but wouldn't be overly confident about it.

GetOverTheBar

Cork are 3/1, find that extremely generous. Tyrone as pointed out prior, looked like a team out on their feet.

LeoMc

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 02, 2018, 12:05:39 PM

Won't need to. Gonna beat the Dubs in omagh.
I would say they are out watering the pitch and sowing fertiliser already. If we can get a good crop and bring the side-lines in 20m each side we can reduce the Dublin advantage.

RedHand88

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 02, 2018, 01:00:38 PM
Cork are 3/1, find that extremely generous. Tyrone as pointed out prior, looked like a team out on their feet.

It was a hot day. Wouldn't read into it.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 02, 2018, 01:45:31 PM

I didn't get the impression Tyrone were out on their feet at all. I thought we cruised away from Cavan towards the end after their good spell at the start of the second half and looked like we had another gear if required. Although it has been noticeable in the last two games that we have been slow to use our bench which is strange considering we are playing games week on week as well as the heat that these matches have been played in.

omagh_gael

I was surprised about the bench use, too. Surely we shouldve emptied it with 15 to go?

Think our fortunes will depend hugely on the return of Bradley and Brennan. The game on Saturday indicated our extreme lack of cover in there.

Club boi

Quote from: redcard on July 02, 2018, 11:39:11 AM
Quote from: outsideoftheboot on July 02, 2018, 11:03:54 AM
Believe it or not... Still a decent chance of making an AI semi final, and that's a game that could go anyway on the day. Play cork which is achievable. then play rossie/Armagh which is also achievable. Then 3rd game Donegal is also achievable (although in ballybofey it could be a struggle) when was the last time tyrone beat Donegal in ballybofey? but its doable all the same. Then Kerry/galway most likely in an All Ireland semi final. Extremely tough but on championship day could go anyway.

And they play England in the final because they are already there too

Class lol ..............

And beat the Dubs in Omagh?? Just got back up on my chair there. This Tyrone team are average at best right now. MD & PH are no leaders/captains. They go missing for too long and NS is by far the best player Tyrone has. Stop him, Stop Tyrone (which isnt too hard cause the rest are playing poorly)

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on July 02, 2018, 01:54:35 PM

I didn't get the impression Tyrone were out on their feet at all. I thought we cruised away from Cavan towards the end after their good spell at the start of the second half and looked like we had another gear if required. Although it has been noticeable in the last two games that we have been slow to use our bench which is strange considering we are playing games week on week as well as the heat that these matches have been played in.

Are you not worried about facing a team (while coming off the back of a bad loss) has had a few weeks to freshen up, get the heads right and go again? It's only a matter of time I think until Tyrone completely buckle - I agree they looked as if they had another level v Cavan, but why remain so cautious even with the superior players, would it not have been in Tyrone's interest to explode out of the blocks and manage the game from there? (Best case scenario)

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 03, 2018, 09:44:21 AM
Quote from: bigpackiechestout on July 02, 2018, 01:54:35 PM

Are you not worried about facing a team (while coming off the back of a bad loss) has had a few weeks to freshen up, get the heads right and go again? It's only a matter of time I think until Tyrone completely buckle - I agree they looked as if they had another level v Cavan, but why remain so cautious even with the superior players, would it not have been in Tyrone's interest to explode out of the blocks and manage the game from there? (Best case scenario)

Yes I would be worried about our lack of freshness over the coming weeks which is why I questioned our lack of early substitutions in the last couple of games. Although I don't think we looked particularly tired v Cavan I this could become an issue in the Super 8s if we get there.

I think the depth of our panel suddenly seems poor compared to previous years. What has happened to Rory Brennan? A couple of years ago he looked nailed on to be a mainstay for years to come but he rarely gets on for longer than 5 minutes these days. I also think DD Mulgrew is a big loss this year from a strength in depth point of view.

I also agree with your point that it obviously would have been in our interests to blow Cavan away although I do think we were in a position to do that only for us passing up a few good goalscoring opportunities and then we gave away a terrible goal of our own which should see Morgan reinstated as the first choice keeper for the rest of the year.

outsideoftheboot

Quote from: Club boi on July 03, 2018, 09:19:16 AM
Quote from: redcard on July 02, 2018, 11:39:11 AM
Quote from: outsideoftheboot on July 02, 2018, 11:03:54 AM
Believe it or not... Still a decent chance of making an AI semi final, and that's a game that could go anyway on the day. Play cork which is achievable. then play rossie/Armagh which is also achievable. Then 3rd game Donegal is also achievable (although in ballybofey it could be a struggle) when was the last time tyrone beat Donegal in ballybofey? but its doable all the same. Then Kerry/galway most likely in an All Ireland semi final. Extremely tough but on championship day could go anyway.

And they play England in the final because they are already there too

Class lol ..............

And beat the Dubs in Omagh?? Just got back up on my chair there. This Tyrone team are average at best right now. MD & PH are no leaders/captains. They go missing for too long and NS is by far the best player Tyrone has. Stop him, Stop Tyrone (which isnt too hard cause the rest are playing poorly)

Did I say beat the dubs in omagh? I skipped their game. Only need 2 wins in super 8 most likely as we can assume Dublin will win all 3. Maybe they are average at best. But average at best still provides a very achievable opportunity of beating Donegal and ross/Armagh and cork. Clown.