Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb81

Quote from: Jeremiah O on October 08, 2018, 10:23:53 AM
Mattie Bells hit on Mark Bradley was no different to the one which Simon Teague received in the 1st half which resulted in a yellow card for the Killyclogher player and a broken nose and concussion for Teague.

Didn't fully see that one, but if it was the same as the Bells hit then they both should/could have been reds ( in my opinion )..

jb81

Hoping TG4 come up to Omagh for the final. If I remember correctly they showed the drawn game in 2016 ( or were they due to show the replay on the Sunday maybe? ). Not gonna make the final so hoping they do. I would assume the Tyrone GAATV will be streaming it anyway??

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: jb81 on October 08, 2018, 10:52:05 AM
Hoping TG4 come up to Omagh for the final. If I remember correctly they showed the drawn game in 2016 ( or were they due to show the replay on the Sunday maybe? ). Not gonna make the final so hoping they do. I would assume the Tyrone GAATV will be streaming it anyway??

Yeah TyroneGaa will be showing it, as they will with the intermediate final aswel!
They showed the Junior final last night and it went smoothly the whole way through!

Tintown rattler

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement but the town will rattle on and will improve for the experience!

Weekends football low in quality high in excitement though. Coalisland deserving of their win in the end after a spirited edendork performance. Niall Morgan was the player of the weekend for me.

Ardboe looked home and hosed yesterday and killyclogher had a lot of luck for both goals. Sign of true champions to never say die though and I'd make them favourites to win it now.

Any word on bradley ? Took a bad bang

jb81

Was trying to figure out who was missing from the Killyclogher team yesterday and finally figured out it was Marty Swift. Anyone know why he didn't start. Another really good player for Killyclogher in the back line and breaking forward?

BIGONE

Groin injury - failed a late fitness test. Should be ok for final.

BIGONE

Bradley was badly concussed. Killyclogher medical team and management have a lot to answer for, allowing him back on the field of play. No duty of care there!! Thankfully he finished the game with no further injury. He should be ok for final also.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tintown rattler on October 08, 2018, 11:30:34 AM
To say I'm disappointed is an understatement but the town will rattle on and will improve for the experience!

Weekends football low in quality high in excitement though. Coalisland deserving of their win in the end after a spirited edendork performance. Niall Morgan was the player of the weekend for me.

Ardboe looked home and hosed yesterday and killyclogher had a lot of luck for both goals. Sign of true champions to never say die though and I'd make them favourites to win it now.

Any word on bradley ? Took a bad bang
Morgan was excellent befor going off
Any views on his Black card?
I didnt get a clear look at it as my eye had followed the ball. certainly caught him late, but not sure he deliberately took him out of it.
Given the challenges the ref had given yellows for earlier in the game when they could easily have been black, i felt it was harsh.
The application of the black card is still all over the place and massively frustrating for players
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

BIGONE

Really harsh black card in my opinion. I felt McKernan run straight into him and Morgan hadn't really a chance to get out of the way. I think had Morgan stayed on the pitch Edendork could have scraped over the line. Sometimes the best team on the field don't win. That's sport though I suppose.

Same with Ardboe and Killyclogher yesterday. Ardboe played some great stuff and had the game virtually won. Late goal cost them and Killyclogher had bit more in the legs in ET.

Under Lights

What are the playing rules about concussion again?

clarshack

Should McKernan not have got black instead of yellow for his earlier challenge?

BIGONE

Tintown rattler

Quote from: clarshack on October 08, 2018, 01:39:26 PM

Could well have been ! But the one that was without doubt was start of the game Conor Mallon tripped O'Hagan after a catch in mid field. Wasn't even carded for it.

Referee wasn't too hot on Saturday in dungannon.

Shane done well on Sunday. The bradley incident was 50:50 from where I was. Bell hada go for it

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tintown rattler on October 08, 2018, 02:17:18 PM
Quote from: clarshack on October 08, 2018, 01:39:26 PM

Could well have been ! But the one that was without doubt was start of the game Conor Mallon tripped O'Hagan after a catch in mid field. Wasn't even carded for it.

Referee wasn't too hot on Saturday in dungannon.

Shane done well on Sunday. The bradley incident was 50:50 from where I was. Bell hada go for it

Thats why i thought the Morgan one was harsh, there was two cert black cards earlier in the game and he didnt give either of them.
Dara Donnelly balck card for us in the first game was very similar to morgans, very difficult to get out of the way and was a case of just being slightly late, rather than cynical.

The black card continues to be a farce , yet instead of fixing that we are bringing in a raft of other new rules
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Therealdonald

Reflecting on the senior matches, the two underdogs let it slip. Edendork were the best team in O'Neill park for 56mins, whilst Ardboe were the best in Carrickmore for 63mins. Its funny, for Edendork the probably had the best chance they'll ever have to make it to the final. But for Ardboe it'll be more a case of what could have been. I know they suffered alot of player turnover this year so to compete as well as they did for so long is highly commendable.

Killyclogher to win the final for me by 4-5.