leinster club championship

Started by vetoldthe, December 02, 2021, 06:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The PRO

Quote from: redsetanta on December 16, 2021, 01:47:12 PM
I like Adrian Eames and Pauric Lodge.
Good call. Pauric Lodge is excellent. Brian Carty (and I've met him, he's a gentleman) is just a very difficult man to listen to.

Robbo

Best of luck to the Port lads today. They put in the work over the last few years at juvenile and now there realising the potential that everyone knew was there.

Need to run hard and fast for an hour plus. Bodies back to shut down space but get forward too. They do this in Laois but this will be a massive step up.

I think though that this is a group of players who won't hide from the challenge of playing in Croke Park.
I'd give them a right chance.

SCFC

I don't expect Port to be any way overawed and while they obviously need to respect Crokes they have nothing to fear. Stop Mannion and you have a lot of the job done. They are good but not a patch on other recent Dublin champions.

Robbo

Theres a Leinster Champonship here for Port; notihng to fear in this semi-final.

You can feel the buzz of anticipation among there supporters.

Robbo

No shame in that for Port.
Played some lovely football but ran out of legs. They'll be back.

Worryingly, Port were unable to live with Croke's pace and power. Could argue their football was actually better for large parts but second half it was noticeable how strong KC were.
They did to Port what Port do to rest of us in Laois.
That's the difference and it'll take us a long  time to get that right ad a county.

SCFC

Great effort from Port but probably should
should've been more ahead at half time. That ultimately cost them. Two or three of their big guns never got going. Young Coffey in particular seemed to let it pass him by. He'll bounce back I've no doubt.
If Colm Murphy as suggested isn't joining up with Laois next year, he'll be a huge loss.

High Fielder

I've always been of the opinion that inter county participation can only enhance what you do with your club. With a couple of years strength and conditioning at a serious level under their belt, who knows where Portarlington could end up. Swerving the county and focusing only on the club won't improve them. Portlaoise found this out already

SCFC

Quote from: High Fielder on December 19, 2021, 10:25:32 AM
I've always been of the opinion that inter county participation can only enhance what you do with your club. With a couple of years strength and conditioning at a serious level under their belt, who knows where Portarlington could end up. Swerving the county and focusing only on the club won't improve them. Portlaoise found this out already
Couldn't agree more. The more lads a club could have operating at senior county level the better.