American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Just remembered, Did anyone see the video messege from Kevin Everett before the BIlls-pats game. It was a nice touch, but didnt exactly rally the troops. Good to see he's doing well. They say he'll be able to live somewhat of a normal life now.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Puckoon

Mostly deel. Little omaha now and then when I can find a game.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Puckoon on November 20, 2007, 03:39:09 PM

having a game at home this weekend with the lads looking forward to it a few drinks watch the football and not loose to much money i hope ;). Never heard of Little omaha might have to start a poker thread on the different types of games puckoon
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: thejuice on November 20, 2007, 03:37:07 PM
Just remembered, Did anyone see the video messege from Kevin Everett before the BIlls-pats game. It was a nice touch, but didnt exactly rally the troops. Good to see he's doing well. They say he'll be able to live somewhat of a normal life now.

Yeah - that was a nice touch - it was good to see a close-up of Teddy Bruschi as well - who had a stroke a few seasons back

Puckoon

Quote from: the Deel Rover on November 20, 2007, 03:45:58 PM

having a game at home this weekend with the lads looking forward to it a few drinks watch the football and not loose to much money i hope ;). Never heard of Little omaha might have to start a poker thread on the different types of games puckoon

:D I mean, I play a little omaha. Not a game called little omaha. The game is just omaha, although there are varying types. :D
Best way to not lose too much money at a home game deel is to make it a tournament style. Have everyone fork over 40$ into the pot at the start, give everyone the same amount of chips, and pay the top two or three.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Puckoon on November 20, 2007, 03:50:03 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on November 20, 2007, 03:45:58 PM

:D I mean, I play a little omaha. Not a game called little omaha. The game is just omaha, although there are varying types. :D
Best way to not lose too much money at a home game deel is to make it a tournament style. Have everyone fork over 40$ into the pot at the start, give everyone the same amount of chips, and pay the top two or three.

:D :D :D i have you now little puckoon
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

magickingdom

baseball is a great card game... if you want to make/lose it all in a short time! basically its poker but you get dealt 8 cards three turned up, 3s and jokers are wild, if you get dealt a 3 turned up you must double the pot to stay in.. can be expensive if it goes wrong!

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers

thejuice

Stanford (in white) had just scored a TD to take the lead in the dying seconds, after completing a remarkable comeback. and that kick-off was the final play of the game. The California bears got in for a touchdown after making 5 lateral passes to keep the ball alive. The reason the Stanford band had ran onto the field was because they thought the ball had gone dead at the first tackle. I think Joe Montana or was it John Elway that was QB for Stanford that day. Im sure someone might correct me on that.

Puckoon

It was elway, and he made a huge mistake. He called a timeout with 8 seconds left, for stanford to hit the winning fieldgoal. Had he ran down the clock a bit, The bears might not have been able to recover the football before the final whistle.
Great play though, its always on the top ten sporting moments over here.

thejuice

Right so it was a Field Goal not a TD. I've only seen a small video of it on TV about a year ago.

Gabriel_Hurl

It was def Elway - Montana was at Notre Dame

there was some very similar to that happen this year as well

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3083220

Puckoon

I just wikipediaed it, some interesting facts.

Elway for years was very very bitter about the touchdown being given to Cal, there was some debate as to whether one of the cal players was grounded before releasing the lateral pass.

One of the cal players involved in the play is now serving 45- to life for murdering his wife and 3 year old kid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Play

thejuice

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 21, 2007, 03:01:49 PM

there was some very similar to that happen this year as well

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3083220

FFS, if i was on that team in purple I'd be sick. Itwas like a game of basketball the way that ball was going about.

Quote from: Puckoon on November 21, 2007, 03:05:23 PM
there was some debate as to whether one of the cal players was grounded before releasing the lateral pass.

One of the cal players involved in the play is now serving 45- to life for murdering his wife and 3 year old kid.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Play

There you are now, for any of you who dont believe in karma!  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P