TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abble

is there some kind of trick to getting season 2 of Das Boot - paid my 5.99 amazon prime and loved season one, but then no sign anywhere of season 2 to continue my viewing pleasure, unless I am missing something but i have searched and searched

Taylor

Just started Dark on Netflix.

Is it worth sticking with as bit confusing to start off with?

Ethan Tremblay

If you can watch sci fi, stick with it, stays good throughout the whole run. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

ned

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 23, 2020, 10:34:13 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on July 23, 2020, 10:17:59 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on July 23, 2020, 09:55:47 PM
Watched the plot against America on Sky Atlantic, was good but the Nazi plotlines are coming thick and fast with this, High Castle, Penny Dreadful LA and I happened to watch Band of Brothers and numerous Nazi documentaries during lockdown, so I'm suffering a bit of Nazi fatigue.

Band of Brothers is probably the greatest show of all time. I never get tired watching it.
Love it myself. Watch it every time I catch it on a channel.

If you've not seen The Pacific you will love it just as much. Both brilliant. The books are even better.

Billys Boots

Am enjoying the new Sky adaptation of the 'Perry Mason' yarns - seems to have drawn influences heavily from the recent German 'Babylon Berlin' adaptations.  Recommended ... if you like that sort of thing. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Denn Forever

Perry Mason is on CBS action these days.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

lurganblue

Little Fires Everywhere. Not for me.  The wife thinks it's great.

omagh_gael

Just finished the first series of The Sinner. Found it very good, some small plot holes but overall very enjoyable.

bennydorano

Half way through  I May Destroy you on BBC iplayer. Great show, hard to describe & pigeon hole, very intense & compulsive viewing at times. It deals with the contradictions of many Woke issues, hard to know at times is this being serious or satirical.

screenexile

Quote from: bennydorano on July 28, 2020, 03:36:10 PM
Half way through  I May Destroy you on BBC iplayer. Great show, hard to describe & pigeon hole, very intense & compulsive viewing at times. It deals with the contradictions of many Woke issues, hard to know at times is this being serious or satirical.

There's satire in there but it's definitely being serious... I'm similar it's very good and well done I think plenty of food for thought in it!!

johnnycool

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 28, 2020, 02:21:21 PM
Just finished the first series of The Sinner. Found it very good, some small plot holes but overall very enjoyable.

Season 1 and Season 2 are good, but Season three is the biggest bowl of pish I have sat through.

nrico2006

Quote from: johnnycool on July 29, 2020, 08:46:01 AM

Season 1 and Season 2 are good, but Season three is the biggest bowl of pish I have sat through.

Only watched The Sinner 3 weeks ago.  I had heard the reports about the third season but battered on anyway.  Season 1 and 2 were pretty good though.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

laoislad

I liked Season 3.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Didn't like 2 (don't think finished it) and finished 3 but found the premise hard to deal with. Also, Mrs. Baloney kept going on about how he'd never be allowed to keep teaching, so that didn't help my enjoyment of it!

johnnycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 29, 2020, 01:01:51 PM

Didn't like 2 (don't think finished it) and finished 3 but found the premise hard to deal with. Also, Mrs. Baloney kept going on about how he'd never be allowed to keep teaching, so that didn't help my enjoyment of it!

Mrs Cool was the same. Sure he'd not be allowed to follow him to NYC, blah blah blah.