Would you call this year a failure for tyrone

Started by irish345, August 13, 2019, 10:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irish345

no league title no ulsrer title beaten semi finalists is beaten semi finalists enough to call it successful

GetOverTheBar

Any year without silverware is essentially failure.

Whishtup

tyrone08

Quote from: Whishtup on August 13, 2019, 11:22:45 AM
Would you call it a success for Mayo/Donegal?

Well donegal won Ulster so yeah would say they have been successful. Also you can see donegal working towards something. They are a bigger threat each year whereas I cant honestly say that about tyrone

J70

Ulster title, swatted aside Tyrone, played out a classic with Kerry, young team, monstrous season from Murphy ... the vast majority of our years have been much, much worse. Poor ending to be sure, but sure Dublin would have tore us a new one, especially with the injuries we ended up with.  :)

Rossfan

Mayowestros won the League
Donegal retained Ulster.
3 other Counties won silverware
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyHarp

Of course it was a failure for Tyrone. We set out to reach an All Ireland final and fell short. Donegal may see their season as a success as J70 is trying to explain but clearly Tyrone's ambitions are a little higher than that. Success and failure are very much relative, for the likes Derry, for example, it's been a massively successful season getting promotion from div 4 is a huge achievement for them and I think they even won a championship match so they'll be dancing in the streets of Coleraine about that. On top of this, they've also got the imminent departure of Mickey Harte to warm their cockles during the winter months. For Tyrone, there's no shame to say that failing by a kick of the ball to reach an All Ireland is deemed a failure as it shows how far we have come as a county in the past 20 years or so. And also it shows the very high esteem others hold our county by suggesting this is failure.
That was never a square ball!!

HiMucker

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 13, 2019, 12:00:06 PM
Of course it was a failure for Tyrone. We set out to reach an All Ireland final and fell short. Donegal may see their season as a success as J70 is trying to explain but clearly Tyrone's ambitions are a little higher than that. Success and failure are very much relative, for the likes Derry, for example, it's been a massively successful season getting promotion from div 4 is a huge achievement for them and I think they even won a championship match so they'll be dancing in the streets of Coleraine about that. On top of this, they've also got the imminent departure of Mickey Harte to warm their cockles during the winter months. For Tyrone, there's no shame to say that failing by a kick of the ball to reach an All Ireland is deemed a failure as it shows how far we have come as a county in the past 20 years or so. And also it shows the very high esteem others hold our county by suggesting this is failure.
;D ;D I enjoyed that post, nearly as much as the game on Sunday.

clarshack

Quote from: irish345 on August 13, 2019, 10:47:18 AM
no league title no ulsrer title beaten semi finalists is beaten semi finalists enough to call it successful

jaysus what age are you? my kids would have written this better.

dublin7

Quote from: HiMucker on August 13, 2019, 12:11:59 PM
That's one way to look at it ;D ;D

Donegal won an Ulster title and have improved in the last 12 months. Have Tyrone improved in the last year or even 5 years? I would say they as far away now from challenging the top teams as they ever were and havent't beaten any of them. They are still relying on the same defensive football that has failed in previous years in the big games. Is it any wonder forwards like Bradley & O'Neill are dropping themselves from the panel when they are so few places available to them on the team as a forward 

RedHand88

I think it's a sign of how far Tyrone have progressed up the ladder that a 3rd consecutive all Ireland semi final is considered a failure in anyone's books.
Beating Derry (again) is always nice too.

2019 gets a 7/10 from me.

BennyHarp

Quote from: dublin7 on August 13, 2019, 01:12:34 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on August 13, 2019, 12:11:59 PM
That's one way to look at it ;D ;D

Donegal won an Ulster title and have improved in the last 12 months. Have Tyrone improved in the last year or even 5 years? I would say they as far away now from challenging the top teams as they ever were and havent't beaten any of them. They are still relying on the same defensive football that has failed in previous years in the big games. Is it any wonder forwards like Bradley & O'Neill are dropping themselves from the panel when they are so few places available to them on the team as a forward

So we agree 2019 will go down as a failure for Tyrone. 👍 It's always nice to see the high expectations other counties' fans have of Tyrone. Cheers
That was never a square ball!!

Whishtup

Quote from: Rossfan on August 13, 2019, 11:33:25 AM
Donegal retained Ulster.

So, you are saying that Mayo, Donegal will be sitting back today saying, "That was was a successful season".  Really?

t_mac

Quote from: Whishtup on August 13, 2019, 01:34:58 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 13, 2019, 11:33:25 AM
Donegal retained Ulster.

So, you are saying that Mayo, Donegal will be sitting back today saying, "That was was a successful season".  Really?

Yip just as Tyrone will having retained the McKenna cup.  ;)