AI minor football championship

Started by GalwayBayBoy, July 16, 2017, 06:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quarter-final line-up finalised today. To be played August 5.

Kerry v Louth
Dublin v Clare
Galway v Cavan
Derry v Sligo

Heshs Umpire

Kerry could hand Louth an awful hiding.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Captain Obvious

Apart from Cavan v Galway they all look one sided games on paper. No odds on minor anymore but i can imagine Kerry v Dublin All Ireland final would be the shortest odds.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 16, 2017, 07:01:12 PM
Apart from Cavan v Galway they all look one sided games on paper. No odds on minor anymore but i can imagine Kerry v Dublin All Ireland final would be the shortest odds.

No apart needed.

galwayman

Itchy

Quote from: Syferus on July 16, 2017, 10:18:19 PM

No apart needed.

How do you know that? Have you seen cavan play? You may be right by accident but you don't, yet again, have a clue what you are talking about

Maroon Manc

Galway v Cavan is on in Carrick on Saturday the 5th at 2pm.

Blowitupref

Kerry 1-11 Louth 1-5 at half time.  Kerry lead 1-7 to 0-1 after 15 mins and 1-11 to 0-4 after 29 min but Louth finished the half with a flourish of 1-2 without reply.

Galway v Cavan and Sligo v Derry starting at 2pm.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Kerry 1-22 Louth 2-9 FT Fairly routine win for Kerry.

Galway 0-6 Cavan 0-5 HT  by all accounts a very defensive contest

Sligo 0-10 Derry 0-6 HT Fine 1st half performance from the Connacht runners up against the Ulster champions.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

trentoneill15

Derry never seem to learn, they talk about how there is hope for the county yet, lets take a look at the records.

2002 - All Ireland minor champions  (seniors have only been in 1 AI semi final since)

2007 - All Ireland minor finalists  (seniors haven't made it to an AI QF since)

Youth football needs to be taken with a pinch of salt and not used as a prediction for the future.

Blowitupref

Derry goal! leading 1-10 to 0-12 now. Galway 0-10 Cavan 0-8 in the other game.

mrhardyannual

Sligo have a reasonable team with a few potentially outstanding players. Minors are hard to judge but teams that get the opportunity to train on through June & July often improve beyond all that was expected of them.

Blowitupref

Derry 1-12 Sligo 0-12
Galway 0-11 Cavan 1-9

less than 10 mins to play in both games.

Blowitupref

Derry 1-12 Sligo 0-15. 1 mins to play.

Galway 0-11 Cavan 1-11 FT. A fine win for Cavan against the Connacht champions.

Itchy

Quote from: Syferus on July 16, 2017, 10:18:19 PM

No apart needed.

WRONG WRONG WRONG YET AGAIN.