Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Should be a cracker, mainly dry this week bar tomorrow so hopefully the ground will harden up a bit and conditions wont be a talking point....

Hard to call, maybe a year early for Dunloy but if they manage to get over the line then the coneyor belt of talent coming through of the 3 times minor finalists and under 21 champions and the now reaching the final it could be a new begining for Dunloy...

Course Cushendall will be having none of that crap and if they manage to turn over more scores from the possession they had against Loughgiel then they should win, McManus still the big engine in that team and he drives them over the line and they have managed to grind out results, propbably a feeling of unfinished business with the All Ireland run so plenty for both teams to go for!!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 19, 2017, 10:52:56 AM
Should be a cracker, mainly dry this week bar tomorrow so hopefully the ground will harden up a bit and conditions wont be a talking point....

Hard to call, maybe a year early for Dunloy but if they manage to get over the line then the coneyor belt of talent coming through of the 3 times minor finalists and under 21 champions and the now reaching the final it could be a new begining for Dunloy...

Course Cushendall will be having none of that crap and if they manage to turn over more scores from the possession they had against Loughgiel then they should win, McManus still the big engine in that team and he drives them over the line and they have managed to grind out results, propbably a feeling of unfinished business with the All Ireland run so plenty for both teams to go for!!

You on duty?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 19, 2017, 11:17:50 AM

You on duty?

Nope? I'll probably watch our kids in the Nipper Quinn final
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 19, 2017, 11:49:46 AM

You on duty?

Noticed a few fixtures for Sunday, bit of a clash for some people who would want to go.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 19, 2017, 11:59:22 AM

You on duty?

Noticed a few fixtures for Sunday, bit of a clash for some people who would want to go.

Noticed that myself, some football fixtures too, I'm sure if the clubs could talk to each other then they could arrange a better time?

As for the minor final, Dunloy when they got going were too good for a big Ballycastle side, Ballycastle had chances but goal win games and Dunloys second goal was something else, Dunloy seem to have a great system (im sure on purpose) of having great past hurlers putting in the hard yards with these lads every year, I know how hard it is to bring

I have to praise Glenariffe for their efforts in helping me out with umpires, who did a great job and their efforts at keeping the ground (considering the conditions) in great shape. and the tea and food as usual was great

Na Glinntí Glasa

glenariffes pitch was in brilliant shape on sat past for the minor match. big crowd at the game and it was well run by the club
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 19, 2017, 12:27:48 PM

You on duty?

Noticed that myself, some football fixtures too, I'm sure if the clubs could talk to each other then they could arrange a better time?

As for the minor final, Dunloy when they got going were too good for a big Ballycastle side, Ballycastle had chances but goal win games and Dunloys second goal was something else, Dunloy seem to have a great system (im sure on purpose) of having great past hurlers putting in the hard yards with these lads every year, I know how hard it is to bring

I have to praise Glenariffe for their efforts in helping me out with umpires, who did a great job and their efforts at keeping the ground (considering the conditions) in great shape. and the tea and food as usual was great

Agree, let's hope clubs sort it. I know the attendances at the semi final were hampered as lads had games fixed in Div2 hurling.

Glenarriffe are a super club.

MoChara

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 19, 2017, 12:48:59 PM

You on duty?

Agree, let's hope clubs sort it. I know the attendances at the semi final were hampered as lads had games fixed in Div2 hurling.

Am I right hearing that they are near ready to start their construction?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: MoChara on September 19, 2017, 01:30:42 PM

You on duty?

Seems to be, the club rooms will be gone soon enough, well so I was told on Saturday.. So I had my last cup a tea up the stairs!! Been having sarnies and tea up there for 29 + years!! Probably some more if you count juvenile level

Antrim Coaster

Derry championship based on league positions.Top two qualify for SHC semi finals.Next four play off in the quarter finals.Winners progress to the semi finals,losers play off in the IHC final won by Lavey.Bottom two teams play off in the JHC final won by Na Magha who beat Coleraine who decided to clear off to the Kilmacud Sevens that weekend

MoChara

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 19, 2017, 01:36:10 PM

You on duty?

Seems to be, the club rooms will be gone soon enough, well so I was told on Saturday.. So I had my last cup a tea up the stairs!! Been having sarnies and tea up there for 29 + years!! Probably some more if you count juvenile level

Thats great news for them and the wider area

Megaman

Quote from: MoChara on September 19, 2017, 01:46:06 PM

You on duty?

How? Why?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Megaman on September 19, 2017, 03:08:19 PM
Quote from: MoChara on September 19, 2017, 01:46:06 PM

You on duty?

How? Why?

I thought that anything good and positive that happened any GAA club would be positive for the club members and parish that it belonged to. For to long negative press about our association have been aired and written, fair play to Ossians in securing the funding necessary and making it work.

Jesusjones

What Glenariff have achieved in raising and securing funding to build their new facility is nothing short of magnificent. They are an example to many other clubs who wish to improve their own facilities. That being said securing the funding is actually the easier part. When all the big knobs leave after the grand opening and tea and sandwiches that is when it get tough. There are no grants for heat, electric, rates, maintenance or the like.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 19, 2017, 05:00:55 PM
What Glenariff have achieved in raising and securing funding to build their new facility is nothing short of magnificent. They are an example to many other clubs who wish to improve their own facilities. That being said securing the funding is actually the easier part. When all the big knobs leave after the grand opening and tea and sandwiches that is when it get tough. There are no grants for heat, electric, rates, maintenance or the like.

Continuous fundraising is the only way forward!!