Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

Some clowns on here trying to wind up or just spew up crap they read somewhere else...

NL has been offered the job because Celtic feel he's the best candidate available to them, too many people judging him and they don't know him or anything about him. They'll be lining up next season waiting on Celtic to lose their first match so they can say "told you so".  He's a very intelligent guy who knows what he's doing, judge him when the season is over next year when they've played his way and his players...Ohh and being a Catholic from the North of Ireland doesn't make him sectarian or a bigot.

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

marty34

Quote from: illdecide on May 26, 2019, 11:15:31 PM
Some clowns on here trying to wind up or just spew up crap they read somewhere else...

NL has been offered the job because Celtic feel he's the best candidate available to them, too many people judging him and they don't know him or anything about him. They'll be lining up next season waiting on Celtic to lose their first match so they can say "told you so".  He's a very intelligent guy who knows what he's doing, judge him when the season is over next year when they've played his way and his players...Ohh and being a Catholic from the North of Ireland doesn't make him sectarian or a bigot.

I'm a huge supporter of Neil Lennon but I've been disappointed with the 2 Ramgers gsmes and cup final.  2 wins alright but application and intensity was poor.  No better in second half so worried about getting best out of players.

Major point also is major investment needed in next few weeks.  Any later and it's no good, too late for Europe.  Board needs to back Lennon with money for 5 new quality players.

As I said before, duds must go - trim the squad up.  Too many passengers on big wages and not even kicking a ball for months on end.  Complete waste of money.  Top with with lads from the academy.

Main Street

AFAICS, for the most part Celtic supporters judge Neil Lennon on his capability to be the next Celtic manager for the next 2 years and for the most part he was by far the less desired candidate. This had nothing to do with  a knowing or not knowing,  because knowing or not knowing has fck all to do with it, yet you keep bringing up or alluding to that you know the real Neil Lennon or that somehow knowing his inner goodness equates to qualifying as being suitable  as the next Celtic manager.
Personally I have a respect Neil Lennon and on a managerial aspect I even think he did an incredible job at Bolton to keep them up when all and sundry said they were a doomed team. 
But now that he has been given the job the discussion is over and I hope he lives up to the big task ahead.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on May 27, 2019, 12:33:52 AM

AFAICS, for the most part Celtic supporters judge Neil Lennon on his capability to be the next Celtic manager for the next 2 years and for the most part he was by far the less desired candidate. This had nothing to do with  a knowing or not knowing,  because knowing or not knowing has fck all to do with it, yet you keep bringing up or alluding to that you know the real Neil Lennon or that somehow knowing his inner goodness equates to qualifying as being suitable  as the next Celtic manager.
Personally I have a respect Neil Lennon and on a managerial aspect I even think he did an incredible job at Bolton to keep them up when all and sundry said they were a doomed team. 
But now that he has been given the job the discussion is over and I hope he lives up to the big task ahead.

The big task? They've won all before them domestically for years while Rangers were kicked out, they've had it easy. Rangers Aberdeen and the rest shouldn't count even if they keep the same team.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ned

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 27, 2019, 01:09:58 AM
Quote from: Main Street on May 27, 2019, 12:33:52 AM

The big task? They've won all before them domestically for years while Rangers were kicked out, they've had it easy. Rangers Aberdeen and the rest shouldn't count even if they keep the same team.

No competition in Scotland? Granted Celtic should have, and did, win the league for the past 8 seasons. Cups are a different matter. As far as I can see Celtic lost a few league games over the course of this season. In one off games anything can happen which makes the treble treble remarkable. It hasn't been done anywhere before. Man utd with their unfair advantage in the 90's didn't do it, Barca haven't done it, PSG and Man City financially doped  haven't done it.

illdecide

What is pissing me off with people is judging him from previous clubs and they don't know what they're talking about. I thought he done well at Bolton considering the position he was in there when they were bankrupt and couldn't pay the players, he couldn't sign anyone and his hands were tied and as you say done better than he's getting credit for. Again at Hibs i thought he done reasonably well there too considering he was competing against 4-5 clubs with better players and bigger budgets.

As for matches this season...Celtic have been playing like this all season even under BR our performances were not good, NL took over Celtic and played and trained using the same systems as BR and didn't change anything yet people are saying we're playing bad under NL. If this was Ronny Deila i'd be saying the same thing and nothing to do with knowing him or not, anyway as you say just let him at it and hope he gets the funds to sign 4-5 quality players in the summer and take it from there.

toby47

What's the latest on Leigh Griffiths? Is he going to be available next year?

Would he be a good option again?

straightred

Quote from: marty34 on May 26, 2019, 11:42:03 PM

I'm a huge supporter of Neil Lennon but I've been disappointed with the 2 Ramgers gsmes and cup final.  2 wins alright but application and intensity was poor.  No better in second half so worried about getting best out of players.

Major point also is major investment needed in next few weeks.  Any later and it's no good, too late for Europe.  Board needs to back Lennon with money for 5 new quality players.

As I said before, duds must go - trim the squad up.  Too many passengers on big wages and not even kicking a ball for months on end.  Complete waste of money.  Top with with lads from the academy.

The squad is huge. I watched the league presentation last week and couldn't believe the amount of players that were trotted out for their medals. I couldn't name some of them and I'm a bit of a Celtic nerd. Gte rid of 10 of these for a start. NL then needs to be backed with hard cash - no more middle of the road signings as there's enough of them wandering around the place. He needs 4 or 5 quality players in key positions (CB, RB, CM, LM, CF).
Sevco are arguing with Oldham about 100K over some lad no one has ever heard of. Kent will be back in Liverpool or somewhere else in England and buffalo brains cant score against us anyway. On top of all that they have very little money. Lawell needs to open the cheque book and blow them out of the water.

JimStynes

Quote from: straightred on May 27, 2019, 09:55:51 AM
Quote from: marty34 on May 26, 2019, 11:42:03 PM

The squad is huge. I watched the league presentation last week and couldn't believe the amount of players that were trotted out for their medals. I couldn't name some of them and I'm a bit of a Celtic nerd. Gte rid of 10 of these for a start. NL then needs to be backed with hard cash - no more middle of the road signings as there's enough of them wandering around the place. He needs 4 or 5 quality players in key positions (CB, RB, CM, LM, CF).
Sevco are arguing with Oldham about 100K over some lad no one has ever heard of. Kent will be back in Liverpool or somewhere else in England and buffalo brains cant score against us anyway. On top of all that they have very little money. Lawell needs to open the cheque book and blow them out of the water.

Looks like Stephen O'Donnell is close to signing for £500k.

illdecide

Celtic have just completed a treble and according to this clown only 3 Celtic players made it into his "team of the season". Sweet Jasus"

The Scottish domestic season is finally at an end and BBC commentator Rob Maclean picks the 11 players who have most impressed him this term,

4-2-4: A McGregor; Tavernier, Halkett, McKenna, Taylor; Turnbull, C McGregor; Forrest, Morelos, Edouard, Kent.

Goalkeeper - Allan McGregor
The Rangers goalkeeper ended the season with a suspension but for me he was the best between the sticks in Scotland over the whole season. Joe Lewis and Daniel Bachmann more than merit a mention but McGregor has been better than ever at the age of 37, still pulling off game-changing saves.

Defence - James Tavernier, Craig Halkett, Scott McKenna, Greg Taylor
Famous last words but I don't think there can be too much disagreement about who fills the right-back position. It's not just that Rangers captain James Tavernier has scored 17 times. He's also a prolific creator of goals and a natural leader. Tavernier has kept his cool even when others around him have been losing theirs.

When picking my first centre-back I have to reflect on how many times I've picked Livingston skipper Craig Halkett in my team of the week. Livi's loss next season is Hearts' gain. Halkett's still young, about to turn 24, and will continue to develop. A Scotland call-up is not beyond him.

Connor Goldson, Kristoffer Ajer and Stuart Findlay were in my thoughts but I'm going for Scott McKenna, who surely won't be an Aberdeen player for much longer. The powerful 22-year-old will be very much in Steve Clarke's thoughts as the new Scotland head coach builds a team he thinks can qualify for Euro 2020.

If Kieran Tierney had played more he would clearly have been a strong contender for left-back. That means Kilmarnock's Greg Taylor is my selection. The Scotland Under-21 international has been a model of consistency down the left side, both in defence and attack for record-breaking Killie.

Midfield - David Turnbull, Callum McGregor
Only diehard Motherwell fans would have known anything about David Turnbull at the start of the season. What an incredible impact the 19-year-old midfielder has made since breaking through into the first team. He scored 15 goals, played with remarkable maturity and, even under contract, will be much sought after in the summer.

I've picked Callum McGregor so many times this season that it was sometimes difficult to find a new way of describing his amazing contribution. The Celtic playmaker is a class act and has played a massive part in the winning of the treble treble.

Attack - James Forrest, Alfredo Morelos, Odsonne Edouard, Ryan Kent
I'm going for it with a front four and the first name in attack is player of the season James Forrest. He's taken his game to a whole new level with Celtic and Scotland. Forrest scored five times in four days for the national team in November and notched up an impressive total of 22 for club and country.

Odsonne Edouard looked offended when asked if he was nervous taking a penalty on the way to Celtic's Scottish Cup win on Saturday. The 21-year-old Frenchman doesn't do nerves. He just scores goals. The double at Hampden took his total for the season to 23.

Odsonne Edouard equalised from the spot against Hearts and then added a second goal eight minutes from time
Alfredo Morelos has a ridiculous strike rate when you think about how many games he's missed through suspension. The Rangers fans have mixed feelings about their top goalscorer but the 22-year-old Colombian's end of campaign tally of 30 goals speaks for itself.

On the left side of my attack is livewire Rangers winger Ryan Kent. Plenty Premiership defenders will tell you he was unstoppable at times. Steven Gerrard would love to extend 22-year-old's loan from Liverpool but his spell in the Scottish shop window will have alerted bigger spenders to the prospect of doing a permanent deal.

uimhr ocht

We have to get behind lennon and hope lawwell backs him with quality signings im still annoyed at lawwell carry on with the mc ginn transfer he scored for villa brought them up to premiership today,player of the championship also 2.5 million is peanuts he will be worth 5 times that now.

tonto1888

Dunno who this is aimed at. Personally I didn't want Lennon to get the job. Maybe I bought into the Rafa story too much. I'm. It sure he is the man to take us to 9 nevermind 10. I'm not convinced he has progressed as a manager but we shall see. He is our manager and he has my backing for whatever that is worth. Hopefully he has the backing of the board in the transfer market too

marty34

Quote from: uimhr ocht on May 27, 2019, 05:22:37 PM
We have to get behind lennon and hope lawwell backs him with quality signings im still annoyed at lawwell carry on with the mc ginn transfer he scored for villa brought them up to premiership today,player of the championship also 2.5 million is peanuts he will be worth 5 times that now.

True- that was a farce alright.  He's got potential and Celtic should have got him.  Lawwell messed up big time. 

Was thinking, would James Mc Carthy of Everton be an option for Celtic.  Or too dear and injury prone?

Targetman

Holy sweet Jesus, wtf is going on there!!