TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Boycey on January 19, 2021, 10:37:23 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 18, 2021, 11:26:31 PM
Can't remember if I said before but Lupin is a good watch. Only 5 episodes and if you like The Thomas Crown Affair etc. you'll like it.

I'll have to stick with it then I was starting to waver on only the second episode, a bit corny?
Oh it is surely. It's fairly light-hearted and st only 5 episodes I was happy to go along with it. My heart sinks when I see these 20 episode series.

laoislad

Quote from: An Watcher on January 19, 2021, 06:26:44 PM
Just finished Night Stalker. Couldn't believe how they messed up with the dentist's and the alarm. People died due to these balls ups
Why didn't the Dentist just ring them though when he knew they weren't coming? Also could he not just have given him something to knock him out and keep him there until the Cops arrived, surely the Dentist knew who he was??
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

lurganblue

Quote from: laoislad on January 19, 2021, 08:15:18 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on January 19, 2021, 06:26:44 PM
Just finished Night Stalker. Couldn't believe how they messed up with the dentist's and the alarm. People died due to these balls ups
Why didn't the Dentist just ring them though when he knew they weren't coming? Also could he not just have given him something to knock him out and keep him there until the Cops arrived, surely the Dentist knew who he was??

Yeah or even say, look we are very busy, come back at 3pm and I can see you. Phone the cops, done

Targetman

House of Cards, watched the 1st episode last night, worth a watch?

general

Quote from: Targetman on January 20, 2021, 01:22:06 PM
House of Cards, watched the 1st episode last night, worth a watch?

Great show

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 19, 2021, 07:09:32 PM
Quote from: Look-Up! on January 19, 2021, 03:44:43 PM
Watched "Don't F**k with Cats" on Netflix.

Disturbing but gripping watching and highly recommended. Leaves a few unanswered questions and obviously these type of documentaries can be presented in a certain way, but if the story as told was an actual movie, you'd say it far fetched and the main character one very sick individual.

Of all the true crime documentaries on Netflix that I have watched, that is one of the best and seemingly far-fetched, but its real.  The Jinx and The Staircase are two others that are unreal.

I'd add Evil Genius to that list. 

screenexile

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on January 20, 2021, 02:10:17 PM

Disturbing but gripping watching and highly recommended. Leaves a few unanswered questions and obviously these type of documentaries can be presented in a certain way, but if the story as told was an actual movie, you'd say it far fetched and the main character one very sick individual.

Of all the true crime documentaries on Netflix that I have watched, that is one of the best and seemingly far-fetched, but its real.  The Jinx and The Staircase are two others that are unreal.

Tiger King is up there as well!

laoislad

Quote from: screenexile on January 20, 2021, 02:15:54 PM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on January 20, 2021, 02:10:17 PM

Tiger King is up there as well!
There was one about the murder of Nun also that was good, can't remember the name of it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Snapchap

I'd have to respectfully disagree about The Staircase. What could/should have been a decent one hour documentary, stretched threadbare in order to fill out a 13 episode series.

nrico2006

Quote from: Snapchap on January 20, 2021, 02:25:43 PM

I'd have to respectfully disagree about The Staircase. What could/should have been a decent one hour documentary, stretched threadbare in order to fill out a 13 episode series.

It was long compared to others, but that was to do with the fact that its 3 separate shows emerged togethers over the 15/20 years. The Keepers is the nun show, was excellent too. I would expect a really good one on the Original Night Stalker/East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer in the next year or two.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Look-Up!

Where can The Jinx be viewed? can't seem to find it.

Started watching The Staircase a while back but found it very drawn out and don't think I finished it.

Anyone seen the Innocent Man? Looks like it could be worth a watch.

Main Street

Staircase is fine but it's not entertainment, there is no climax last episode, it's procedural and a tad biased towards the husband's innocence. It was very unfortunate for the husband's that it came to pass that his first wife died in a similar manner. What are the odds of that happening?

An Watcher

Hello Mr Night Stalker, can you take a seat in our waiting room and someone will see you shortly

nrico2006

Quote from: Look-Up! on January 20, 2021, 04:03:29 PM
Where can The Jinx be viewed? can't seem to find it.

Started watching The Staircase a while back but found it very drawn out and don't think I finished it.

Anyone seen the Innocent Man? Looks like it could be worth a watch.

Innocent man is a decent watch and I enjoyed Dream/Killer too. The Jinx had a mad ending and was fascinating from start to finish, can view it on the Movie HD app and cast from your phone or download Cinema HD to a firestick and it's there too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Main Street on January 20, 2021, 05:22:16 PM
Staircase is fine but it's not entertainment, there is no climax last episode, it's procedural and a tad biased towards the husband's innocence. It was very unfortunate for the husband's that it came to pass that his first wife died in a similar manner. What are the odds of that happening?

spoiler alert, much?
Hasta la victoria siempre