Sigerson 2019

Started by ck, November 28, 2018, 01:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delgany

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 20, 2019, 08:44:22 PM
9 mins to play. Mary's down to 14 men after Aaron Boyle picked up a black following a yellow = a Red Card.  UCC 0-12 St Mary's 1-8

Boyle got yellow  for  having his gumshield in his sock -!   Tough call.  UCC  just about edged it with better forward display

oakleaflad

There would have been nothing in that game but for the sending off. Between Shane McGuigan and Sean O'Shea for MOTM. The two number 11's stood out.

Harold Disgracey

UCC the better team and very much deserved winners but ultimately David Gough was the difference between the two sides, he cost St Mary's 1-1 (assuming they would have scored the penalty), I thought he was supposedly the best ref out there.

twohands!!!

Quote from: delgany on February 20, 2019, 09:01:35 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on February 20, 2019, 08:44:22 PM
9 mins to play. Mary's down to 14 men after Aaron Boyle picked up a black following a yellow = a Red Card.  UCC 0-12 St Mary's 1-8

Boyle got yellow  for  having his gumshield in his sock -!   Tough call.  UCC  just about edged it with better forward display

If I was one of Boyle's team-mates I'd be raging at him - rank stupid behaviour especially given Gough is one of the refs who bothers to enforce this rule. I don't think the sending off was the losing of the game for St Marys - I think it was UCC's deeper panel that won this for them - UCC made 5 subs and 3 of them scored a point.  The UCC subs saw a lot of ball in the last 10 minutes. St Marys only made 1 sub in comparison.

skeog

Dave has a thing about gumshields,not the first man he has lined for it.

Cunny Funt

That's a league and championship for UCC, 74-Year Old Billy Morgan still going strong. Up there with some of the best ever managers.

GalwayBayBoy

A victory for football according to Billy Morgan.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 20, 2019, 11:49:26 PM
A victory for football according to Billy Morgan.
Hope the interviewer pressed him on the lazy stereotype.

moysider

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 20, 2019, 11:05:41 PM
That's a league and championship for UCC, 74-Year Old Billy Morgan still going strong. Up there with some of the best ever managers.

Unreal!
Won 2 as player with UCC in the 1960s I think?
One great career.

Smurfy123

I was surprised last night at the lack of intensity and pace of the game for large periods. I would say Sigerson is below club football and just above under 21 standard. Billy Morgan said his team doesn't train that's probably why the game was so poor. Before anyone jumps down my throat both teams has obviously a stand out player boththe number 11s. For example a Kilcoo in Down would destroy St Mary's

thewobbler

It's difficult to gauge Smurfy.

But as Sigerson winning teams tend to house up to a dozen current/future genuine inter county players, I'd say only an elite and extremely physically strong club side would see them off.

Keyser soze

Htf does David Gough keep getting important games that he keeps f++king up with ridiculous sendings off. Ruined a Hogan final a couple of years back with a nonsense sending off.  Self important tool.   

GetOverTheBar

Imagine a final largely impacted by a red card on the basis of a ridiculous rule implemented by hardly any referee.

David Gough - had to get his name in the paper didn't he?

Dougal Maguire

And a stonewall penalty not given. One of the most dishonest pieces of refereeing I've ever witnessed. I hope he's proud of himself today.
Careful now

Dinny Breen

Sent off Eoin Doyle last year for no gum shield, does it regularly in Meath club games seemingly.

Bottom line, if he's known for this, management need to get the message to players. Players need accountability as well.
#newbridgeornowhere