Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

I think Offaly could be the trickiest match we have left. Agree with you Ambrose this system doesn't work with 14 behind the ball and try breaking out. We have some great forwards in O Hare Johnstone Quinn O Hagen McCabe Devlin Kerr but we are not getting there wheat out of them. In the 3 games to date I would say they have score 1-10 from play between them.

Truth hurts

We missed plenty of chances yesterday but w really could do with harrison as a pivotal playing in attack, would like to see a forward line of O'Hagan, Quinn, McCabe, Jerome, Harrison and Donal

CornUladh

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 09, 2020, 11:47:17 PM
Corn what I'm saying is I expected more from him. A bigger bounce but it hasn't happened. I still think Down will gain promotion but the football is dreadful. Did you expect more from him?
I think most accept down aren't a top 8 team consistently at the moment. I think most would accept Down playing a more attractive brand of football and losing than losing playing v conservative football which they are now. I think the current down managers work will benefit the next manager and they atill have a good chance of promotion but mo more room for error.

Ambrose

Quote from: CornUladh on February 10, 2020, 02:59:01 PM
I think most accept down aren't a top 8 team consistently at the moment. I think most would accept Down playing a more attractive brand of football and losing than losing playing v conservative football which they are now. I think the current down managers work will benefit the next manager and they atill have a good chance of promotion but mo more room for error.

Down aren't a top 16 team at present. We would all like to see Down playing an attractive brand of football and winning, but we just don't have the players to do that. I could accept this putrid crap that we are forced to endure if it was getting results, but it's just not working.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Ed Hardy

U20's play Cavan on Saturday, what sort of team do Down have for this? Many of last years team available?

Centre 3/4

We got beaten by a team who took the dubs to the last 10 mins in Croke Park last year by 5 points and but for poor composure and what must've been 10 wides in the last 20 mins could've been right in with a shout. The second half was played man to man no sweepers so a lot of the tripe on here is really hard to read. We have our destiny in our own hands and have our 3 toughest games out of the way. We have more players coming back in now from injury and two weeks to prepare for Longford.

sdg

Quote from: Centre 3/4 on February 10, 2020, 08:52:28 PM
We got beaten by a team who took the dubs to the last 10 mins in Croke Park last year by 5 points and but for poor composure and what must've been 10 wides in the last 20 mins could've been right in with a shout. The second half was played man to man no sweepers so a lot of the tripe on here is really hard to read. We have our destiny in our own hands and have our 3 toughest games out of the way. We have more players coming back in now from injury and two weeks to prepare for Longford.
What a load of crap, Cork won pulling up I think they finished with 13 men. Result was never in doubt. And who is these players coming back from injury

Smurfy123

What injured players? Harrison
Cork were 9 points up with 4 minutes to go and playing with 13 men.
Some people here need to cut this crap about playing to the final whistle.
What do you expect players to do?
Down have not progressed under PT that's the bottom line here

SamFever

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 10, 2020, 09:53:44 PM
What injured players? Harrison
Cork were 9 points up with 4 minutes to go and playing with 13 men.
Some people here need to cut this crap about playing to the final whistle.
What do you expect players to do?
Down have not progressed under PT that's the bottom line here
Wee birdie tells me your weren't even in Cork yesterday. >:( ;D ;D

CornUladh

Quote from: Centre 3/4 on February 10, 2020, 08:52:28 PM
Yes, Down probably better when playing a less restrictive gameplan like in 2nd half v mayo.

Truth hurts

Are all the managers in div 1 -4 in place?

yewtree

Quote from: Truth hurts on February 10, 2020, 11:57:06 AM
We missed plenty of chances yesterday but w really could do with harrison as a pivotal playing in attack, would like to see a forward line of O'Hagan, Quinn, McCabe, Jerome, Harrison and Donal

Have to agree there , we are creating chances but our forward line has no cutting edge bar Donal O'Hare ,Liam Kerr (he deserves full games) and O'Hagan ,I'd keep McCabe in about there also but reality is the rest (robots) are not up to inter-county standard.

A few of them just run the ball like headless chickens and can't make a telling pass in,some very very limited players getting game time this last while.But it still is only February but the sooner we start giving Liam Kerr full games the better.

Liam has that class we associate with Down football.

Smurfy123

Can't agree yewtree. Donal is a great club player and a good county player but doesn't score enough from open play and has been average in the 3 games. He spent most of the Derry match in our half back line. Donal o Hare needs to be close to goal as that's what his game is about. Kerr a great player and would like to see him start against Longford.
Team
O Hare
Fegan
McArdle
Collins
James Guinness
O Hagen
Annett
Poland
Flynn
Kerr
Maginn
Havern
Johnstone
O hare
McCabe

Quinn Harrison O Hagen Devlin to come in

elk

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 12, 2020, 10:21:48 PM
Can't agree yewtree. Donal is a great club player and a good county player but doesn't score enough from open play and has been average in the 3 games. He spent most of the Derry match in our half back line. Donal o Hare needs to be close to goal as that's what his game is about. Kerr a great player and would like to see him start against Longford.
Team
O Hare
Fegan
McArdle
Collins
James Guinness
O Hagen
Annett
Poland
Flynn
Kerr
Maginn
Havern
Johnstone
O hare
McCabe

Quinn Harrison O Hagen Devlin to come in
No CPN players good enough to start Smurfy

Smurfy123

Well when Ross can't even make the 24 there is something wrong
I am being a realist here
Paddy a great player but coming back from 2 serious shoulder operations and pulled his hamstring and I think Ryan has been used enough so would stick Fegan in
No point putting Ross in and him can't make the panel
The best club player in Down football this 3/4 years Ross Mc