Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

Are division 3 fixtures out yet?

bannside

Thanks for that clarification Ambrose.

Truth hurts

Here is a thought for discussion. Teams in division 4 to be allowed to sanction 3 players from div 1 or 2 clubs who are not on the first 13. These could be something that would benefit a lot of small clubs . Thoughts?

SamFever

Quote from: Truth hurts on February 07, 2020, 12:04:01 PM
Here is a thought for discussion. Teams in division 4 to be allowed to sanction 3 players from div 1 or 2 clubs who are not on the first 13. These could be something that would benefit a lot of small clubs . Thoughts?
Hilarious.

RadioGAAGAA

No. No no no no.

You'd have fellas almost ostracized from their own clubs?

How about:
- matches in Div4 should be able to be 13 a-side (or maybe even 11 a-side) and still be a valid league fixture if one team cannot field the full 15.
- a 7s league? (possibly ideal for smaller clubs that aren't confident about being able to field a full team through the year)
- Div3 and 4 clubs are exempt from the rules outlawing underage players from playing senior football.
i usse an speelchekor

Truth hurts

7s football in shit, the team who can cheat the best ie get a man on to defend when you score usually wins.
The demise of sevens football throughout Ireland is down to this and Down teams were the best at it.
Sevens used to be brilliant and I mind as a young cub heading around the country watching some great sevens tournaments, the cheating began and that ended it.

ApresMatch

Probably one of the most ridiculous suggestions I've ever heard!
Fixtures are out for All-County leagues; I see the derby starts have been done away with. I actually liked that recent innovation.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Truth hurts on February 07, 2020, 01:35:42 PM
7s football in shit, the team who can cheat the best ie get a man on to defend when you score usually wins.
The demise of sevens football throughout Ireland is down to this and Down teams were the best at it.
Sevens used to be brilliant and I mind as a young cub heading around the country watching some great sevens tournaments, the cheating began and that ended it.

Yes, because it would be utterly impossible to change the rules to make it that the player coming off must leave at the centreline and the player coming on must come on at the centreline and the latter cannot set foot on the pitch before the former steps off it.... and there is no break in play for substitutes.

Impossible. Simply couldn't be done.
i usse an speelchekor

Square Ball

All the fixtures out today. Sorry have them in work and can't remember when 4 starts. We open up at home v DPK
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Smurfy123

Where can one see the fixtures?

Ambrose

You can't live off history and tradition forever

Ambrose

Excellent (free) commentary on ArmaghTV tonight from the Athletic Grounds, would be great if our own county could provide a similar service for those who can't make it to games.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Mourne Rover

The result from Cork was predictable enough and anyone who travelled through the storm to get there deserves great credit. The radio commentary suggested that we missed enough chances when we had the wind in the second half to get something out of the game. It is striking that we performed better with a man down against Derry than we did with a man up against both Tipperary and Cork. However, it was good to see both Patrick Murdoch and James Guinness getting a run and our squad should be getting stronger. The next match, at home to Longford in two weeks, will probably decide our fate.

Smurfy123

Just in. Same things keep happening Cork dominated the restart but we give them every kickout in the first half. 14 men behind the ball the first half and conceded 8 and coukd have been much more. Took on 2 forwards  at half time but Cork started to run the ball and we were all at sea and they wenti to a 9 point lead with 10 to go. Quinn scored a goal and a point to make things look better but it wasn't enough. We seem to drop plenty back but have no attacking strategy and kickouts are none existent. I would worry if Darren o Hagen got injured and Quinn seems to be the only man who can hit the net. 2 points from play from our forwards is a poor return. Next match massive

whitegoodman

He doesn't seem to have a clue of his best team which is another problem.  Any word on how long Mooney is likely to be out for ?  Is Harrison even on the panel ?